Forums > Personal > Stop the hate, people!

forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on you guys. I see a lot of hatred towards our Middle-Eastern and Muslim neighbors. It is understandable that you are lashing out, and it is alright to be angry, but please remember that people from the Middle East are not all to blame for these attacks. Remember in fact that in the countries we are fighting, extremist dictatorships have in the past been oppressing innocent Muslims and non-Muslim Middle-Easterners. The average Middle-Easterner/Muslim is just as horrified and angered by these attacks as any other person. Please do not allow your anger to overcome your common sense and lash out at innocent people.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

U know, I came to think that if the world wouldn't have been the way it is, I wouldn't be the person I am. Dunno if it's a good thing or not, but I like me the way I am, I guess. ^_^
Another selfish Soniac post... :P
Anyways, we can't stop the hate, nor the religious (or any kind of) extremisms. The only thing we can do is to teach our children and/or our friends that it's better to live in peace with yourself and the world, than to try to impose your own set of values by force...
kiss kiss,
Sonia

2+2=5
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm Muslim. Bring it on!

Killed by drones.

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#C5150>The Fairy King</font> wrote:

I'm Muslim. Bring it on!

And I'm Romanian...
Hating people for their religion or nationality is something I abhor the most...
What are you expecting people to say about you just because you are muslim? The image you have is what you create for yourself and what you want people to see. You should know that ;-)

2+2=5
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's so stupid. People who say Muslims this or that actually become exactly the thing they are apparently fighting... They say they're fighting with ahtred and fanaticism but... with hatred and fanaticism? They're as dangerous...

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If we started about Muslims, let's expand the discussion to what the Catholic church did throughout history...
oh, and the Roman Empire, the Ancient Greeks...
etc.
I totally agree that this type of hatred makes you as bad or worse as the thing you hate (I mean if the hate is really founded)...
In fact, I like Muslims very much, and I mean Arabian culture (Ancient and present), Turkish etc. It has a lot of colors (and colors give life), and great stories. I could stay and listen to those stories for days gone by... :D

2+2=5
The Fairy King

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#CC0066>Sonia Doris</font> wrote:

I'm Muslim. Bring it on!

And I'm Romanian...
Hating people for their religion or nationality is something I abhor the most...
What are you expecting people to say about you just because you are muslim? The image you have is what you create for yourself and what you want people to see. You should know that ;-)

I know that, but people think that what they know IS the truth. I just don't give a damn what they think anymore, it's not worth the energy to try and talk with these people. I'm just giving the information they need so they can bash me and put me in the same category as these fucks that keep doing these terrible things.

Killed by drones.

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's terrible this need of the humankind to label people in order to bash them... It's been like that since forever... Oh, and if you try to be different is even worse...

2+2=5
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem is that people blame this to all the Muslims. The differences between the cultures will grow, which can be the reason for new violence. It's hard to stop this violence spiral. A good example is the Middle East. We have to find a solution to live with each other, instead of killing each other.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Generalizing is the worst mistake. But finding excuses for murderers is just as bad. In the West we tend too often to blame it all on ourselves, our leaders, our ways of life. I can't tolerate this.
Sure, the Catholic church caused huge disasters in the past, and the Catholic leaders actually acknowledged this and apologized. Now it's the Muslim turn. Now they are the killers, just like the Catholics were the killers in the past. This does not mean that I should find justification for what the Muslim extremists are doing.

I know the great majority of Muslims are peaceful, wonderful people. I just wish they would speak out more against these mass murders. I can't forget the joyous crowd jumping and partying in Palestine on Sept 11th... Can you, guys?

Fairy

“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie

http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Usually the fear of the unknown creates violence. People don't know a lot of things about muslims (except what they see on CNN or whatever when terrorist attacks happen), so they create this narrowminded impression that all Muslims are religious extremists and they should be killed...
Burak is one of the best examples, I think, to prove this theory of hate is false though...

2+2=5

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I feel so terrible about is that they're able to bring out the worst of me. I never thought I could hate, now I do. And I dislike myself for hating!
But what are we supposed to do? In war adversaries fight one another. Here we are like in a war but we are just under attack, and we can't defend ourselves because there's no visible enemy. It's an awful feeling. There's nothing you can do. Don't say dialog is the way. You can't have any dialog with terrorists. Deep cultural changes are needed, but they can only come from within the Muslim societies. There's very little we can do from here, if not eradicate the brutal leaders like it happened with Hitler.

I think we have the right to be angry, at least, since we can't do anything else.......! Should I apologize for being angry, now??!

Fairy

King Freddie

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course, blame it on the Muslims. U think that they want this to happen (exc the terrorists? - and thank God there are a lot of Caucasian and Christian terrorists - wanna talk about them now???)?
It's always easier to blame it on the other one.
Maybe dialogue will fail, but one thing is needed: to get to know the other.

2+2=5

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iraq is an attempt to eradicate a brutal regime. I think nobody here in Europe believes the Americans were wrong when they came here and lost so many lives in order to eradicate Hitler's regime. Iraq is the same thing. But after World War II ended, it was the people of Germany and Europe in general who started rebuilding their countries on the basis of democracy and peace. The Iraqis now are called to do just that. You can't demand outside help forever!

King Freddie

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is meant to stir up debate, NOT hatrid or prjudice.

Hypothetically, a group of Marsians visit the Earth. This deligate, blow up a bus of innocent victims, and bring down not one, but two skyscapers of more innocent lives.

Do we,

A: (like Speilberg's movie) declare war.
B: Await the next Martian arrival - just to make sure?

C: Invite Martian diplomats for Tea and aromatherapy

or D;

Because all Martians are different (even though they look the same) - do we allow "friendly" visitors to arrive in tandam with those determined to take over the Earth?

As I said, this is not meant to stir up prejudice. It is a realistic question - looking for sensible answers, or options which I may have overlooked or not considered.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK then go to Bin Laden's cave, Sonia, and tell him that you're sad about the latest events and would like to talk it over with him, and to know him a little better...!!!

Of course I don't blame it on all the Muslims! As a matter of fact, my ex boyfriend was a Muslim!!! But get real. Today it is Muslim fanatism.
I don't think the Muslims are happy about this, but I don't hear many Muslim leaders speak out against this either...

King Freddie

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John, I think I would certainly go for C, maybe letting aromatherapy alone LOL. But after a few years of failure of C and after a few thousands of civilian lives lost I think I would change my plans...

King Freddie

The Fairy King

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

I'm Muslim. Bring it on!

lol YOU YOU.. damn I can't

lol ;)

Killed by drones.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

This is meant to stir up debate, NOT hatrid or prjudice.

Hypothetically, a group of Marsians visit the Earth. This deligate, blow up a bus of innocent victims, and bring down not one, but two skyscapers of more innocent lives.

Do we,

A: (like Speilberg's movie) declare war.
B: Await the next Martian arrival - just to make sure?

C: Invite Martian diplomats for Tea and aromatherapy

or D;

Personally, I would be hiding under a rock somewhere if aliens came..

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Personally, I would be hiding under a rock somewhere if aliens came..

LOL Why? I'd die to meet aliens!

King Freddie