Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Let me tell you one thing

forum rss feed
Author

caviar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer by far to listen to an old live performance of Queen or to watch a concert with Freddie than to listen or watch the remaining members with PR. I was fortunate enough to attend a great show in 80 in Paris and another show in Italy. Freddie was Queen, there was no need to introduce him, people knew he was Queen and the main source of creation in the group. John might be the smarter of the remaining member, he left and quit the show business. He knew that without Freddie everything would be so different that he was better to stop there even after the mourning. Brian and Roger never stopped touring but what they do now is not comparable with what Queen did in the past. It is different but not as good. Freddie out what the point? It is like Pink Floyd without Roger Waters, The Doors without Jim Morrison. The party must have been over. They had a great career but what they do now is nothing else that refurbushing the old shows of 86. The claim that it is different but they play the same songs. These songs without Freddie are pointless for me. Why don't they write new songs with the new guy and go live like that? We could have stayed with wonderful souvenirs.

Anyway that's what I do but I regret that Brian and Roger didn't keep their word of stopping as it would be pointless to continue under the name Freddie created.

Taylorette user not visiting Queenzone.com
Taylorette
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie, Brian, Roger and John WERE Queen!!!!!!!!
And Bri and Rog ARE Queen!!!
We love the 'old' Songs. Why shouldn't they play it?
Freddie is dead. In it nothing is to be changed.
But Rog and BRi were/are Queen such as Freddie. Do not forget that!

Queen rocks!!!!

Sorry for my terrible english ;)

Out in the city, in the cold world outside

I don't want pity, just a safe place to hide

Mama please, let me back inside

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So new, so fresh...

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not this topic again!!

Take care

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm surprised Brian's Permed Poodle hasn't rung in on this yet!

We should introduce these 2. Love at first sight. Brilliant minds think alike. Ohhh! :)

xyz
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

em caviar just so you know Pink Floyd did continue a good few years and 2 album without Roger Waters until Live8 so it shows how much you know and haven’t the door been on about getting back together but one of the member is trying to stop it, even INXS are getting a new singer to reform

but as I said in the following http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=581325
Just cos a member of the band dies doesn’t mean its the end Freddie was showman and he would of wanted his music to live on without him and that what Brian and Roger are doing with the help of Paul who is a very brave man to take on the responsibility of lead vocals of one of the greats bands ever.
Lets just hope we get a new Queen album with what ever is left over in the queen out take achieves and some with Paul Rogers

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

caviar wrote:

They had a great career but what they do now is nothing else that refurbushing the old shows of 86. The claim that it is different but they play the same songs. These songs without Freddie are pointless for me. created.

Hang on just read your post again and refurbushing the old shows of 86???

2005 Set list
Reaching Out
Tie Your Mother Down
I Want To Break Free
Fat Bottomed Girls
Wishing Well
Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Say It's Not True
'39
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Feel Like Making Love
Drum solo
I'm In Love With My Car
Guitar solo
Last Horizon
These Are The Days Of Our Lives
Radio Ga Ga
Can't Get Enough
A Kind Of Magic
I Want It All
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Show Must Go On
All Right Now
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

1986 Set list
One Vision
Tie Your Mother Down
In the Lap Of The Gods rev.
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Tear It Up
A Kind Of Magic
Under Pressure
Another One Bites The Dust
Who Wants To Live Forever
I Want To Break Free
Impromptu
Brighton Rock solo
Now I'm Here
Love Of My Life
Is this the World We Created?
(You're So Square) Baby...
Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye)
Tutti Frutti
Bohemian Rhapsody
Hammer To Fall
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Radio Ga Ga
We Will Rock You
Friends Will Be Friends
We Are The Champions

I only see 11 song which are the same so can you elaborate how the 2005 and 1986 sets are the same ?

Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

I'm surprised Brian's Permed Poodle hasn't rung in on this yet!

We should introduce these 2. Love at first sight. Brilliant minds think alike. Ohhh! :)

*Lol*

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 05, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie lives on in the hearts of Queen fans everywhere.

Freddie - You and only you.
We love you and miss you.

Taylorette

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

Freddie lives on in the hearts of Queen fans everywhere.

Freddie - You and only you.
We love you and miss you.

Yeah, you´re right. FREDDIE is the only one.We will always miss and love him! Freddie, you are the BEST!

But Paul does a great job, too.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I fully agree with that Mari has posted here. Even though I do not the support the tour, it does not change the fact that Paul Rodgers is the lead singer now. Whether Brian & Roger should be still be using the Queen name is another matter, but they are netherless and they've chosen him to sing with them.

Just a bit of advice for Sharon G & BPP - like me, you obviously do not agree with the tour so why don't you do what I'm doing; instead of whingeing about it just ignore it and allow those who do like it to enjoy it?

By the way, Long Away live is brilliant....

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust wrote:

I fully agree with that Mari has posted here. Even though I do not the support the tour, it does not change the fact that Paul Rodgers is the lead singer now. Whether Brian & Roger should be still be using the Queen name is another matter, but they are netherless and they've chosen him to sing with them.

Just a bit of advice for Sharon G & BPP - like me, you obviously do not agree with the tour so why don't you do what I'm doing; instead of whingeing about it just ignore it and allow those who do like it to enjoy it?

Problem is some people on this board are convinced they are actually seeing Queen when infact they are seeing Brian and Roger + Guest vocal that's what get's my back up. Problem is some people on hear find it difficult to accept Queen as a band whether it be Queen or Queen + ceased when Freddie died. I think it's a disgrace to call the band Queen when 2 of it's original members are not there. We all know it's a big con trick by Brian and Roger who should been more sensitive to Queen fans. Why not give your new line up a new name lads ? What about creating a new group like The Travelling Wilbury's did ? Paul Rodgers remains a second rate singer nobody has ever heard of. Point being Queen songs were meant to be sung by Freddie and nobody else.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP, I'm curious about what 'real Queen' shows you've seen? Dates and venues, please.

(Note I agree with some of your points, but only with some and I'm not gonna discuss about them anymore, it's meaningless)

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.
I have seen Queen with FM and John in milwaukee and Chicago in the 70's and 80's. And have seen
PR with Bad Co. also.

The Show Must go On - but without Freddie and
John, it just won't be the same Queen I knew and loved. And for younger fans who think the 2005
group is Queen, it's not. Sorry.

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

bitesthedust wrote:

Problem is some people on this board are convinced they are actually seeing Queen when infact they are seeing Brian and Roger + Guest vocal that's what get's my back up. Problem is some people on hear find it difficult to accept Queen as a band whether it be Queen or Queen + ceased when Freddie died. I think it's a disgrace to call the band Queen when 2 of it's original members are not there. We all know it's a big con trick by Brian and Roger who should been more sensitive to Queen fans. Why not give your new line up a new name lads ? What about creating a new group like The Travelling Wilbury's did ? Paul Rodgers remains a second rate singer nobody has ever heard of. Point being Queen songs were meant to be sung by Freddie and nobody else.

No one is saying we are seeing Queen we are seeing Queen and Paul Rogers the fact is that you cannot get it into you sad lonely head.

When your parent die are you going to stop using your family name cos it the same thing just cos Freddie is dead doesn’t mean Queen is dead Queen will live on in Brian, Roger and John (even know he has retired from the music business)

If you are the Queen and Freddie fan you say you are you would know Freddie would of wanted them to continue no matter what im sick of saying it JUST GET OVER IT YOU PRAT.

Taylorette

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.
I have seen Queen with FM and John in milwaukee and Chicago in the 70's and 80's. And have seen
PR with Bad Co. also.

The Show Must go On - but without Freddie and
John, it just won't be the same Queen I knew and loved. And for younger fans who think the 2005
group is Queen, it's not. Sorry.

You´re right. I know and love Queen since 12 years and it is not the same with Paul.
I am only 22 and I never had the chance to see Queen with Freddie and John! But I was on a queen+pr concert this year and it pleased me. Paul does a great job.
It means Queen and Paul Rodgers, not Queen.
We should be glad that they are on tour again.
Freddie will not come again ;( So we should accept it like it is!

Queen rocks

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen songs were meant to by sung by Freddie only? like '39, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Tenement Funster, Drowse you mean?

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem is, those of us who aren't close minded prats with homogenised opinions have never said it was Queen. We seem to be able to grasp that the two members of our favourite band who have decided they want to tour again have teamed up with some musician friends and a great singer called Paul Rodgers and are touring under the name of Queen+ Paul Rodgers.

Rather than sitting here with your invalid opinions and whinging that we are wrong to see them etc, why not shut up and realise that perhaps YOU are the ones who are wrong?

For ''fans'', you are certainly not being very supportive.

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen

Taylorette

Posted: 10 Jul 05, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly. Rog and Bri sang even some songs.
Some people think Freddie was Queen. But that´s not correct. Freddie, Roger, Brian and John were Queen!
Freddie did not write each song. Bri wrote just as many. And Rog and John a lot too.