Forums > Queen - General Discussion > if queen+pr are to make an album would you buy it?

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im not sure about this, im glad queen are going on but im not sure with paul in it hes a nice man good singer dont get me wrong but it feels like he might try and replace freddie and doing this will further his work more as maybe a new member of queen which i wouldnt like, if they do go ahead and sell albums with him then i wonder if the old fans and the new and others will buy it, i no he says he will never replace freddie but that would be happening if he was a member and lead singer...im just pointing this out im not hating him or queen for doing this, im not against this totally just wondering other peoples thoughts about it.

flick of the wrist and your dead baby blow him a kiss and your madddddd

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I'm a collector. I bought Billy Squier's albums not because I like what he's doing.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some full stops and comas wouyld be appreciated...
I'd definitelly buy it and be extremely excited about it- 3 musicians of that calibre TOGETHER and an album!!! We don't have tooo many good albums nowadays- one great one from Taylor/May/Rodgers would make me really happy! We so often moan about the state of music in the last 10 years- but than complain that someone releasing decent one uses wrong name, looks terrible or sth like that... Do we have so much great music around not to want this album to happen? IMO we don't... And no-one is trying to replace Freddie. And it's up to us wether he's going to be forgotten or not- if we're decent fans Paul Rodgers is not a danger- they can record and release great album, we can enjpoy it and still remember Freddie... Is being reasonable so rare...?

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As much as I hate to say it, I would be more interested in The Who finally releasing their much-touted studio album than hearing a new Queen album, but, for what it's worth, I would rather hear whatever Brian, Roger, and Paul could come up with instead of rushing out to buy The Rolling Stones's new album (and I'm a huge Rolling Stones fan).

Either way, get back into the studio, boys, and create some magic.

Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

absolutely not.

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sweden_man wrote:

hell no

PAUL RODGERS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too true. I would only buy a new Queen album with Freddie's voice on it. There must be more archive material left by Freddie for Brian and Roger to work on.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Ramffiss user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

disculpen que no sea en inglés
Yo como fan desde 1993 que sí Roger y Brian editan un disco con Paul, yo no lo pienso comprar, ahí personas que solo van a los conciertos para ver a Brian y Roger y tienen que soportar ver a Paul, yo odio a lo que Brian y Roger estan haciendo , suerte a los que compren ese disco porque yo no lo pienso comprar

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

sweden_man wrote:

hell no

Too true. I would only buy a new Queen album with Freddie's voice on it. There must be more archive material left by Freddie for Brian and Roger to work on.

well most people are saying they wouldnt buy there album which isnt a surprise paul ant a freat to us people just dont like him and maybe there right maybe not but im still thinking if i would buy it...untill it happens i'll see...

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would buy it and give it a listen before I judged. From what I've heard, the tour is great and this incarnation of Queen may bother a lot of people, but that doesn't mean they aren't talented musicians. Just because Paul isn't Freddie shouldn't discredit him altogether.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

sweden_man wrote:

hell no

well most people are saying they wouldnt buy there album which isnt a surprise paul ant a freat to us people just dont like him and maybe there right maybe not but im still thinking if i would buy it...untill it happens i'll see...

OH YEAH OFCOURSE QUEEN ARE TALENTED THEY ARE TALENTED WITHOUT PAUL SO WHY THEY NEED HIM? as i keep saying i have nothing against him but queen can do better without anyone out of queen as to paul being there some people dont want to go to there concerts, or buy there albums if they were to make any with paul, so maybe hes making it worse for them maybe not, just like to hear more thoughts.....

flick of the wrist and your dead baby blow him a kiss and your maddddd

Taylorette user not visiting Queenzone.com
Taylorette
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would buy it, no I will buy it. I already have a DVD of the Queen+PR concert in South Africa at 46664.
It´s not the same as with Freddie, but it´s good!

Sorry for my terrible english ;)

Out in the city, in the cold world outside

I don't want pity, just a safe place to hide

Mama please, let me back inside

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't buy it, no...

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can say whathever you want, but you don`t have to say that Paul sucks!
He has proven already that he has a great voice.
The problem is not Paul, but it`s no use to go through this topic again because some people at Queenzone can`t judge someones work without that shit of "I`m number 1 queen fan" and Freddie this and Freddie that, bla, bla, bla....

I would like to see if you guys are so critics to yourselves and the way you live your live as you are with someone that you don`t even know personally.

IT makes me sad that since they began the tour the amount of negativity that went through this board. Well, it`s a sign of the times...

Take care

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

The problem is not Paul, but it`s no use to go through this topic again because some people at Queenzone can`t judge someones work without that shit of "I`m number 1 queen fan" and Freddie this and Freddie that, bla, bla, bla....

I would like to see if you guys are so critics to yourselves and the way you live your live as you are with someone that you don`t even know personally.

IT makes me sad that since they began the tour the amount of negativity that went through this board. Well, it`s a sign of the times...

Take care

thank you bobby brown your thoughts anymore on this topic...lol every thought counts...

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Take care

and when have I ever criticised Paul Rodgers, or the people who have gone to see the shows?

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ramffiss wrote:

disculpen que no sea en inglés
Yo como fan desde 1993 que sí Roger y Brian editan un disco con Paul, yo no lo pienso comprar, ahí personas que solo van a los conciertos para ver a Brian y Roger y tienen que soportar ver a Paul, yo odio a lo que Brian y Roger estan haciendo , suerte a los que compren ese disco porque yo no lo pienso comprar

Exactly I agree with this guy. Paul Rodgers sucks.

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

sweden_man wrote:

hell no

I wish Paul Rodgers would break FREE from Brian and Roger as he is BAD COMPANY for them.

Little Queenie6 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would have to say that I would not buy it. While I am not against the whole Queen+PR tour, I can't say that I'd buy a CD. It just wouldn't be the same for me.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 05, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I would buy It.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come