Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > HYDE PARK - how was it?

forum rss feed
Author

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jul 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope to read great stories here! And I wish everyone that will attend to wittness a great show in London! It will be a special one, I'm sure.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was great

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interesting to know what the turn out was like aswell

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was quite nice gig. I must say that first hour of the gig didn't really left any highlight on me... except Hammer To Fall which really did kick the ass. There were some mistakes, but nothing special.. Second hour however was great... even Kind Of Magic was superb (so far I didn't find that song to work well for me). Then Imagine came as surprise... and setlist after break was SUPERB (all big letters he he). WWRY could be probably heard miles away. Great response by audience... Oh yes, same was for Can't get enough... I was surprised by that a bit as I thought response would not be that loud. I loved video during WATC - great finale. The end came very quickly and things just started to heat... Bri's solo was not the best one this time... very nice video during Last Horizon... silent audience during IWTBF... at least that was my impression... Rog did loose one stick during his solo and during the IILWMC it did sound like he was lost for a moment. After that he left stage as I think Bri's 39 and LOML were to come next and you could see he was a bit... lost/tired at that moment. At least my impression. During Imagine there was something funny... Bri was at the end of the catwalk and Rog was joining in and people started to clap and scream... and screen on sides showed Paul showing with his hand in Rog direction and talking to Danny and it look like he was saying "you see, they always do that when this bustard comes in"... after Paul joined and he got the same treatment too :) Paul was in great shape... Bri.. well, you never know with him... when looking at his face it always looks like he is not happy even when sound seem to be ok... that's my impression for the first few songs... but I think he was happy at the end... I was next to mix in GC and there people were not that loud... actually, I could hear more people singing in GA than around where I was (for first hour).

Razorlight were good... they probably have the future. Peter Key was superb. I was wondering what he will do, but his show was really special and I think there is no one in audience who didn't love him.

There were many cameras around so I guess there will be allot of material for DVD or who knows.

Oh yes, bloody ticketmaster did mistake with my ticket. I had 2 GC which I bought during QOL presale. Then after show being postponed I did refund one. But after 3 days they canceled my second ticket too!!! So, the guy told me that was a bad new and the good one was there was plenty of GC tickets on box office one could buy so I had to buy one.

Another thing I just remembered was that gates (at least for GC) didn't open at 3 but 30 or 45 minutes later.. I don't know, but it did look like eternity.

I was able to get inside with my F717. That camera is kind of bulky and I was wondering if I would be able to do it. Around 1PM I spoke with security guy and he told that all cameras that do not have exchangeable lenses are allowed (which means all prosumer point and shoot too). I wish someone one more clear on that earlier.

All in all this was very nice gig. As usually it gets better toward the end and then end seems to be so quick. Thank you guys for this tour. Get some rest now and give us something new.

H
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice post H. Thanks. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. (Weren't you going to be at The Talbot?) I think we probably passed each other near the ambulance gate at Hyde Park on the Sunday after Live 8!

The Paul Rodgers gesture regarding Roger's audience reception seems to be consistent with reports of the crowd going wild when Paul was onstage and Rog came out to do a solo on congas (someone on QZ reported it was bongos, but in the program they look like congas to me . . . ) Funny stuff.

Am genuinely amazed that Ticketmaster messed up your tickets. NOT!!!! Am afraid to check with my bank to see if they handled my ticket refund properly. The last thing I need at the moment is a brain aneurysm, I need to be at the top of my game at work for the next few weeks! ;-)

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank for the story!
You recorded something? :)

Sorry for my english! :(
k01olnug user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was absolutley amazing. What an atmosphere and i got so close right at the front of the catwalk. Queen and paul rodgers totaly rock abd bloddy hell did london rock.

Is the real life?, Is this just fantasy?
Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the reports...sounds like it was FANTASTIC! Can't wait till this tour hits North American soil!!.....

THE SHOW MUST GO ON! QUEEN ROCKS FOREVER!!

Panza Pedraza - FER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 01:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, all sounds great!!!!, lucky all of you, im in the ass of the World... South America, where else?!

How many people were thereat the Hyde Park gig?

Cuidate, querete, ojito, ojete
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 04:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We were at the end of the walk way and managed to get a decent view.

However, I have to say that the show was nowhere near as good as Brixton. For me, there was nothing dangerous about the whole event. The setlist was pretty much exactly the same as every other show on the tour so far (save for the addition of Imagine) and everything seemed, to me, to have been planned and formulaic.

Razorlight were awful - they have a lead guitarist that mirrors exactly what the singer plays and pretty much renders himself completely redundant by having no presence. The drummer plays the same patterns for every song. The vocalist clearly thinks he's Mick Jagger, but doesn't have either his presence or his delivery. Oh to have Status Quo open the show.

Peter Kay is a genius - genuinely funny and on the edge - humor around disabled people os always a touchy subject, but he manages to carry it off by understanding the source of his material.

Queen were Queen on the day - they played a very professional show and had the ability to deliver to a massiave audience. However, they quickly need to come up with some kind of new concept in order to avoid going very stale. This set will go down a storm in Japan, but I'm not sure that the USA will be as forgiving as Europe.

Benn
eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bollocks, Razorlight were amazing. Yes they didn't use the walkway but to say Johnny Borrell has no stage presence is just plain wrong. Their set was 50 minutes of great songs all from one album. As someone has already said, they have a great future.
If I'm honest, however great Peter Kay was I was dissapointed because I'd seen him do all of that material before at the Royal Albert Hall in April and was hoping for something new. He was very funny though.
As I said to people at the Talbot (hello by the way) I left before the encore because I wanted to get back to St Albans so I did have that on my mind but Queen left me a little flat. Maybe it was that fucking intro which pissed me off and I could never recover, but the first half of the show is just boring now (and I've only seen three gigs). Still I'm being too cynical because they were great, just dissapointing in certain aspects.

mihkelt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what was the attendance number? anyone?
and did they pay their respects to the emercency workers ( or however they are called ) or was the gesture of giving away free tickets all?

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hcrvelin wrote:

There were many cameras around so I guess there will be allot of material for DVD or who knows.

There were a lot of cameras in Arnhem too. Maybe they gonna make a compilation as a bonus DVD, beside the Sheffield DVD.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"However, they quickly need to come up with some kind of new concept in order to avoid going very stale. This set will go down a storm in Japan, but I'm not sure that the USA will be as forgiving as Europe."

Ofcourse, that always was an issue, from 1973 to 1986. But in those days you didn't notice it because there wasn't internet where you could see the setlist, or where you could download the songs right after the show. The setlist on this tour has been changed more than every other tour from Queen

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great post hrcvelin. I understand all your points, after seeing quite a couple of gigs (but unfortunately not Hyde Park ;-)

The reason Razorlight did not use the catwalk is because they were not ALLOWED to. No support act may use it.

The camera's? Yes, they were all around at all the open air shows. First of all of course because of the big screens next to the stage. But 'yes' the DVD will feature 'some' footage of these four shows on the bonus disc.

(Btw. Sorry Eggy, I've seen Razorlight perform three times and I personally REALY don't understand what you Brits see in them. Personally I think they are utter crap. Not more then average songmaterial brought by a not more then average band. But that's just my humble, critical opinion)

Oh and I also agree on the fact that the setlist gets too boring. I have to say that I was deeply disappointed to hear absolutely NOTHING new during the open air shows. Although they did play better then the first time around (especially in Cologne!) but after yet another month of rehearsals to come with the exact same setlist again, shows them realy a bit lazy. Just one new track would have made a difference and they could at least kept Pressure and Fire and Water inside.

Did any of the band say anything around Imagine?

fredrogbrijohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, you guys are spoiled!! I'd listen to them play WATC twenty times in a row just to see them play!!

britishquality user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well done lads - that was superb - probably on a par with knebworth.
ga ga was inspirational and rock you brilliant and that was before the tribute to the heroes of
the last ten days.
the weather was on our side too which did make a difference.
what a fantastic day !
i have loads of photos and mp3s / videos etc
email pcbr16020@blueyonder.co.uk and i'll try to find a way of getting them to you
phils

Dislocate my hip?

Ok I'll sign.
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fredrogbrijohn wrote:

OK, you guys are spoiled!! I'd listen to them play WATC twenty times in a row just to see them play!!

But please don´t tell Paul Rodgers!!! It would make things tooooooo easy for him... :-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

britishquality wrote:

well done lads - that was superb - probably on a par with knebworth.

...do you think this may have been Pauls last live appearance ever with them? ;-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Panza Pedraza - FER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah... but how many people were there?

Cuidate, querete, ojito, ojete