Forums > Personal > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (no spoilers please!)

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who's buying it or getting it this Saturday when it comes out?

I certainly am, myself! I just paid for the pre-order at the very last hour (before the bookstore I am getting it at closed for the evening), before the prices go up tomorrow (here in Canada anyways) to normal price.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gonna wait a few weeks, I planned 2 mini vactaions to chicago for the next 2 weekends anyways.

MY GOD spell it write.
Yuri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was going to preorder it... then i realized i went on a wild goose chase for the last book and didnt read it till last summer... :-/ I may go to one of the shindigs...my hogwarts uniform needs dusting off

A little bit of heaven and a whole lotta hell.
inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, the 5th book! That's the only book that I bought both the Canadian and American versions of!

I've read that at least 5 times through!

The first time I read it, which began on the Saturday morning it was released (which was incidentally also my ex-girlfriend's birthday), it took me exactly 3-½ days to read it!

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ordered it on Amazon about two months ago! :) Now I've got until Saturday to prepare myself for 672 pages...

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I so badly want the American version of HBP even more than the Canadian version, which is saying a lot! The cover artwork looks much cooler, and I'm sure the chapter illustrations will be just as good, if not better than those in book 5.

The Canadian editions feature no chapter illustrations, which sucks

Yuri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i got the english version of the order of the phoenix...my mother was like "Thats ugly...you flew over here to get...THAT?"

A little bit of heaven and a whole lotta hell.
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I preordered it online...1 MORE DAY!!

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm downloading it right now :)

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My girlfriend is extremely lucky. She works at Barnes & Noble and she got today off, even though they were going to extend working hours from midnight until 2a.m., and possibly 3a.m.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The store I'm getting the book at is located in the City Centre Mall East, and so they won't open until 10 A.M. on Saturday morning, but that's still earlier than what time most of the other stores are opening in that mall (bar the food court downstairs, McDonald's in particular).

I envy the webmasters of MuggleNet and The Leaky Cauldron, because they get to interview J.K. Rowling, with 6 winning questions from message board users on both sides having been picked (with two alternates just in case, I think) by website visitors, for the release of the book.

inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

My girlfriend is extremely lucky. She works at Barnes & Noble and she got today off, even though they were going to extend working hours from midnight until 2a.m., and possibly 3a.m.

That is lucky indeed.

inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yuri wrote:

i got the english version of the order of the phoenix...my mother was like "Thats ugly...you flew over here to get...THAT?"

Really? Where did you fly to to have her say that?

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

The store I'm getting the book at is located in the City Centre Mall East, and so they won't open until 10 A.M. on Saturday morning, but that's still earlier than what time most of the other stores are opening in that mall (bar the food court downstairs, McDonald's in particular).

I envy the webmasters of MuggleNet and The Leaky Cauldron, because they get to interview J.K. Rowling, with 6 winning questions from message board users on both sides having been picked (with two alternates just in case, I think) by website visitors, for the release of the book.

Do you break out is cold sweats just walking past McD's?

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
inu-liger

Posted: 15 Jul 05, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

Do you break out is cold sweats just walking past McD's?

No, why?

I still talk to the people there that I used to work with, and still even order food and drinks from there occasionally (usually on Tuesdays, since that's the day when my favourite burger, the Big Mac, is on sale as part of the McDeal of the Day deals)

I'm still friends with them. It's just I hold a grudge against the consultant for the particular area that my locations were under. She was the one that ordered my job termination.

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My copy (the adult edition - makes me feel more mature =P) is sitting right next to me... but I'm not reading it.. and for once I'm not gonna flick ahead to the end...

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I accidentally stumbled across the spoilers online...and I kind of ruined the book completely for myself! I'll read it anyway, though.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lat night I was at Barnes and Noble bookstore in the USA just for regular stuff, and there was like an 8 mile line of kids..and adults. So I asked a manager if there was a store book signing and he told me that the Harry potter book was coming out at 12:01 today, and people were getting their tivkets ahead of time.

I was in the store til about 9:00pm EST USA, and it was SO cool, all the store clerks,...and the children were dressed in costumes from the films/books..and one little girl had a humongous fake feathered mechanical owl attached to her arm.

Really clever and fun.

xyz
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to get the charlie and the chocolate factory soundtrack, right at 12-something last night and the place was just crazy...*sigh*
kids...

MY GOD spell it write.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no soul...mwahahahaha

The spoiler will be in a random post