Forums > Queen - General Discussion > freddie & innuendo

forum rss feed
Author

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever though when the album innuendo was recorded and completed Wot Freddie must of felt like it new it was the final queen album but the rest of us never at the time wot u think

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think you are seriously out of step

Freddie already knew he was on borrowed time - he also knew that Innuendo would not be the final queen album - why do you think he recorded those final tracks for MIH? he told the band to carry on working to complete the album.

he was so ill in 1989 that the MIRACLE album was titled to reflect that it was a 'miracle' he was around to record it...he must've got a slight reprieve during late 89/early90 to record much of Innuendo

go deo na hÉireann
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Must have been terribly sad for Freddie anyway.

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 05, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When i hear that freddie was terribly ill in 1988/1989 i find it incredible cause of how well he looked in those years.

I know for photos and the music videos he would have had make up on etc but he looked like a typical guy in his early 40's.

Its only really at the times of the Innuendo album it became blatantly obvious something was wrong.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
brENsKi

Posted: 17 Jul 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andylamb_38 wrote:

When i hear that freddie was terribly ill in 1988/1989 i find it incredible cause of how well he looked in those years.
I know for photos and the music videos he would have had make up on etc but he looked like a typical guy in his early 40's.
Its only really at the times of the Innuendo album it became blatantly obvious something was wrong.

i thought (considering how much makeup he would've had on) he looked f*cking awful for the 'scandal' and 'miracle' videos

i'm in my 40s - and if i thought i looked that unwell i'd probably go see a plastic surgeon

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 17 Jul 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mrjordy wrote:

I've always thought it incredibly ballsy of Freddie to record the video for "These Are The Days Of Our Lives". Although his official statement regarding his HIV/AIDS status wasn't issued until the day before his death, it was clearly obvious in TATDOOL that something was wrong - and surely he knew that. TATDOOL, on the other hand, seems to be Freddie coming clean, having showed the world what he truly looked like at that time

but 'days of our lives' was released AFTER his death....so it wasn't as if he was 'coming clean' about anything...he 'came clean' after the event

go deo na hÉireann
Criss3287 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well...which tracks have been recorded during Innuendo sessions that have ended up on MIH?!

I can't think of any but A Winter's Tale.

The others go back to Miracle sessions, Mr. Bad Guy and even hot Space sessions.

If you watch the 1990 Brit Awards, back then Freddie looked very ill, to me he looked worse then than in the videos...

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man...
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 05, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Criss3287 wrote:

Well...which tracks have been recorded during Innuendo sessions that have ended up on MIH?!

I can't think of any but A Winter's Tale.

The others go back to Miracle sessions, Mr. Bad Guy and even hot Space sessions.

No tracks on Made In Heaven were recorded during Hot Space sessions.

Beautiful Day - 1980 The Game sessions
Made In Heaven, Born To Love You - 1984/1985, reworked Freddie tracks
Let Me Live - 1983 Works sessions
Mother Love, You Don't Fool Me, A Winter's Tale - 1991, post-Innuendo sessions
My Life Has Been Saved - 1989, reworked B-side
Heaven For Everyone - 1987, reworked The Cross track
Too Much Love Will Kill You - 1988/1989, reworked The Miracle session

Oh, and MEATY (Matthew Poulter), would it kill you to learn how to type your fucking language? It can't possibly be that hard to write a completely coherent sentence. I would attempt to translate, but I left my "English to DUHHHHHHHHH" dictionary at home.