Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Killer Queen CD Rocks

forum rss feed
Author

conFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/killerqueen/

You can hear the tracks. Constantine's Bo Rap is as good or better than the original. Almost all the tracks are good. Rooney, Sum 41, Shinedown, Los Lobos - great CD! I just preordered it on Amazon. Great job Brian May!

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Um...what the bloody hell are YOU smoking?!
Nothing could top the original track of ANYTHING.
That's why they're cover versions - they're mimicking greatness.
It's all glorified karaoke anyway.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw Freddie perform Bo Rap live 3 times and this version rocks! Its the best cover I've heard. Not smoking anything. Listen. Especially the chorus with the We Will Rock You cast. That's good.

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also listen to Shinedown - Tie your mother down and Rooney Death on Two Legs. They did a great job!

Roy Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah! What Queen fan could manage to say, or wait, what lover of music can manage to say that a stupid girl from idol sings better than Freddie?! Sorry, but... you have no idea of what I'm thinking about you now...

heyheyheyhey, it was the DNA...

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I'm the biggest Queen fan that ever lived and this Cover CD is good. Brian May performs on many of these tracks. Nice that you insult him as well as me.

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, after listening to all the tracks, I can pick out my faves.
Shinedown - Tie Your Mother Down
Antigone Rising - Fat Bottomed Girls
Los Lobos - Sleeping On The Sidewalk
Ingram Hill - '39

Personal fave has gotta be Antigone Rising. There's something about skinny girls singing that they love fat-bottomed girls...

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shinedown - Tie Your Mother Down
Antigone Rising - Fat Bottomed Girls
Los Lobos - Sleeping On The Sidewalk
Ingram Hill - '39

You got to be kidding about Ingram Hill and Antgone Rising - these are my least two favorites, but like Shinedown and Los Lobos and also the Sum-41 version of Killer Queen and Rooney Death on Two Legs is great!

AlmostMonday user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been a fan of Queen for decades. Love the music, love the energy. Sadly, I never saw Freddie perform live, but so wish I had.

That said, I am blown away by Constantine and the cast of We Will Rock You's version of Bohemian Rhapsody. It gave me goosebumps, and I was so glad I'd already preordered the CD of Killer Queen.

Was Constantine channeling Freddie, or did was Freddie's angel perched on his shoulder? Whatever, the result is brilliant. We Will Rock You is stunning! I want to see this group perform live.

ps: I'm smoking nothing.

Regards,

AlmostMonday

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I never wrote anything insulting about the music, I just critizised you because you said the "idol-girl's" version of Bohemian Rhapsody was good or better than the original.. that is shameful!!! And very, very pitty!

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well did you listen to it?

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I adore Joss Stone but she butchers ''Under Pressure''. Hate Shinedown's ''Tie Your Mother Down''. Breaking Benjamin's ''Who Wants To Live Forever'' sounds like Creed on acid, and absolves the song of all emotion and depth.

However...surprised that I like Constatine's & WWRY casts' BoRhap..alot! Also Jason Mraz's ''Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy'' is quite nice. Sume-41's ''Killer Queen'' is quite nice and Antigone Rising's ''Fat Bottomed Girls kicks ass.

Flaming Lips' BoRhap is too off the wall for me. Sounds like ''WeirdRhap''.

Ingram Hill's ''39'' sucks and loses all of Brian's depth and warmth.

Josh Kelly SLAUGHTERS CLTCL, he should be shot!

xyz

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No :)

But anyway, how could you put an Idol-singer in front of Freddie Mercury? Idol must be one of the most tragic forms of entertaining ever. Sorry idol-lovers, but I really don't think that's the way music works.. I hope... I pray...

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't like Josh Stone's Under Pressure either (but all her songs sound the same to me). I like the Los Lobos version of Sleepin on the Sidewalk and Jason Mraz's version of Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy.

The first single released is Constantine's version of Bo Rap. My daughter likes the Flaming Lips version better but she is a BIG Flaming Lips fan! They are way over the top like Freddie was.

This is a great cover CD and a real tribute to Freddie and Queen!

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, where are all the people who slagged this CD when it was first introduced?

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May had a say in this entire CD and he did a great job! I've listened to all the tracks about four times today and it is a wonderful CD. Thank you Brian May for letting new artists shine on this CD!

CatYamDoo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to Constantine Maroulis' version of Bohemian Rhapsody today and I thought it rocked. I am a Queen lover from way back and he did an awesome job on this track

IdolFaninCan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the record, BoRhap is covered by Constantine Maroulis, a 30-year old man, not "some girl from Idol" as stated by one poster.

IdolFaninCan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First off, don't go by my name -- I was in a hurry to join American Idol Boards when I picked it, lol. I'm a Constantine fan, not an American Idol fan.

Someone stated that American Idol is a pretty poor form of entertainment -- lots of folks would agree. However, this year, an amazing performer by the name of Constantine Maroulis was on American Idol and he was totally different. When he performed Bo Rhap during the competition, people flipped. He was too much for the show to handle because he wasn't the standard pop-idol image they look for so he got ditched.

However, Brian May heard his performance and went looking for him to perform on Killer Queen. Enough said ... (I trust Brian's judgment).

acrobat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 16 Jul 05, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have always been a big Queen fan, well more of a Freddie fan than anything!

I am not sure, but I get the idea some queen fans were against a tribute CD?? I think that only praises Queen and their legend status to have such a CD come out!

I am not one that is big on song covers, write your own songs! So to me if you are going to do one make it sound like they way the original artists intended and give it your sound if you are going to do it!!

From what I heard a quite few artists have covered Queen well on this CD! I am floored by Constantine and WWRY on Bohemian Rhapsody, Shinedown on Tie Your Mother Down, Ingram Hill on "39", Sum-41 on Killer Queen, and Rooney's Death On Two Legs. To me that is a lot of songs to appreciate on one CD! It is a definite buy for me!

i can do more flips than you can!!