Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Tickemaster announces Friday Pre-Sale for NJ show on 10/16

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if they will require a special password as they do on a lot of Ticketmaster pre-sales.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003AF9CF684564?artistid=845182&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I'm still waiting for an e-mail reply from the Fan Club to confirm that I could get the tickets on Thursday as Jackie initially stated. I have the feeling that joining the Fan Club is going to turn out to be a complete dissapointment.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey mr. jingles...I just called ticketmaster and they said this presale listed is usually through a fan club and we would get a password from the club to use to get the presale tickets...makes sense, but Jacky indicated the presale being Thursday...maybe it is actually on Friday...hmmmm...

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just e-mailed Jackie, but God knows when I will get a reply because last Friday I also e-mailed her to sign up for the list of North American fan club members to send info about the upcoming dates and when to buy the tickets before anyone else. I haven't received anything yet.

Maybe I'm getting too impatient with this.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I called them today. They still cannot release the info. They did say e-mail should go out today.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I called and spoke to Jacky today too. At least she told you the email is supposed to come out today . . .

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crazy LittleThing wrote:

I called and spoke to Jacky today too. At least she told you the email is supposed to come out today . . .

It appears that may not be true, though..:-S

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haven't received an email yet. This bites if it's the same pasword for everyone...that's really easy to share..why pay $30/year. At least for the UK pre-sale you had to enter your membership number- it could only be used once per gig.

Erin

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compliance Queen wrote:

Haven't received an email yet. This bites if it's the same pasword for everyone...that's really easy to share..why pay $30/year. At least for the UK pre-sale you had to enter your membership number- it could only be used once per gig.

How many tix could you get at a time with the UK pre-sale, btw?

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it was 4? then 6? I can't remember. ACtually it might have just been two?

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it was six.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

6 for Hyde Park
2 for Brixton

and I think it was 6 for the other concerts.

Keep Good Company
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder how many scalpers are gonna be involved, I heard NYC is the worst place for them.
Im gonna try my best and get 3 tix on saturday as a friend is gonna come, I just pray it is not sold out in 1 day.

MY GOD spell it write.
nymon4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always lived in NY until December and when buying tickets its friggin crazy heres a example WrestleMania 20 the tickets were originally 93.50 a piece I had to pay 425.00 for each. Phil Collins tickets I paid 225.00 each when they were 75.00. American Idol tickets 125.00 each when they were 45.00 People have called me crazy but if you like something u will pay but watch out if your going to buy tickets from scalpers the night of the concert you might get pinched cause I know alot of people who have bought tickets from a undercover cop and get arrested especially in NJ/NY. I hope they arent sold out in 1 damn day because i got a feeling tickets are going to be 500.00-1000.00 a piece for this concert since its been 23yrs since they have been in the US.

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

500.00-1000.00 PER TICKET FROM A SCALPER

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't pay $500-$1000 per ticket. I have two kids to feed! lol!

If I don't get the tickets through ticketmaster I won't be getting them.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea, same here Lisser.
I prefer to pay the going rate, I seen the presale $595 something for close up? that was offered in the Queen fan club email, wtf...lol
I'd like a simple $87 seating tix por favor.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE PRICE ON EBAY FOR IT! WE ARE TALKING 1000-2000 PER TICKET

Erin

Posted: 26 Jul 05, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nymon4 wrote:

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE PRICE ON EBAY FOR IT! WE ARE TALKING 1000-2000 PER TICKET

Hey..let ME buy a bunch and resell them then..;-)

I can't imagine anyone paying that price.

likecats user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 27 Jul 05, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've had a lot of experience buying tickets in LA and some in NY, and believe me, the scalping problem is just as bad in LA.
I'm also not thrilled about fan-club presales either. Pay for a membership, get access to presales, and still get mediocre seats or none at all. Gee, I could nearly always get crappy seats or none, without paying an extra fee for that privilege. I reckon all the scalper dirtbags (and that's what they are, even if they call themselves "licensed ticket brokers") just buy memberships too and suck everything up during the presale.
And folks, please,....if you buy 8 tickets or whatever the maximum might be, please have 7 friends in mind already. Part of the scalping problem comes from "fans" who buy the max number, keep two, and scalp the rest or sell them to a scumbag broker. I'm not exaggerating, I have witnessed this.
That said, I'll try my luck with Ticketmaster and see what I can get for the Hollywood Bowl. Even if we're in the last row, I would prefer that over not being there at all. I saw the original Queen in '80 and '82 and I'm just excited to hear them play again at all, in any permutation of the group.
I know I'm rambling, but here's my tuppence on Paul Rodgers: I got to see him on stage a few times over the years, too, including the Firm and a Bad Company tour a few years ago. My only gripe with him in Bad Company was that he encouraged too many audience sing-alongs. I loathe paying to hear a thousand people sing a song badly while the guy who should be singing it is standing there grinning. Even so, he's a good rock singer with a long and solid resume' and I think he's a good choice to stand in for (not replace) Freddie Mercury.
See you all there! I'm looking forward to it!

queenfan7474 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 05, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If everyone just did a little homework and stopped running to brokers then there wouldn't be any brokers.I have been to every show i've ever wanted to go to and i've never used a broker.Actually thats not true.I used brokers to buy tickets for LESS than face value.I'm not going to pay 127 or 87.I'll wait until october and i'll get them for less than that,just like i did when i went to the UK.If i dont get them for less than face i'll get them for face when the promoter gives back all his tickets.This is not a Beatles reunion,this is like the new Doors,and as great as Queen+PR may be live,thats how most people see it.The Doors played Roseland for 3000 people and Jones Beach for about 7,000.There will be plenty of tickets for this.