Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Time for me to complain.

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's what's truly pathetic about this section of Queenzone:

People just download, a few say thank you, others request things to be reseeded, but there is very little discussion (if any at all!) regarding what they have just downloaded. Pitiful.

This kind of discussion could be helpful for someone who doesn't know anything about the recording. They could read a few posts with differing opinions, and then decide if they want to use the bandwith to download the material.

But whenever have QZ and logic mixed, anyway? Everybody will just keep leeching regardless of what anyone says on this matter, but I just felt I had to complain about this anyway.

I realize this is the annonuce section, but I thought I'd post this here so some leechers who don't surf to other sections of the forum could see it.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Here's what's truly pathetic about this section of Queenzone:

People just download, a few say thank you, others request things to be reseeded, but there is very little discussion (if any at all!) regarding what they have just downloaded. Pitiful.

This kind of discussion could be helpful for someone who doesn't know anything about the recording. They could read a few posts with differing opinions, and then decide if they want to use the bandwith to download the material.

But whenever have QZ and logic mixed, anyway? Everybody will just keep leeching regardless of what anyone says on this matter, but I just felt I had to complain about this anyway.

I realize this is the annonuce section, but I thought I'd post this here so some leechers who don't surf to other sections of the forum could see it.

I agree completely!

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROGER37 wrote:

Completely according to you!

Look at yourself. You are asking too much. You're greedy, leecher.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. WE NEED share ratio... Whoever uploads less than 25% of whatever was downloaded shouldn't be allowed to download anymore.
2. Discussion... Well- how many of those who download those shows give it more than one listen...? I'm sure we could find a large number of those who don't listen to it at all... It's like with Houston- when it appeared it was much quiter tahn I thought it would be. C'mon- ppl were wiating for years to hear that and than... and than they wanted Face It Alone, Kanazawa, Liverpool'73, Drummen- you name it... If they got Drummen- they'd probably want sth else ANYWAY... Always more and more. And only few ppl are actually grateful about the whole torrent thing... In fact- I have a feeling that since the torrents this site (or ppl visiting noticeboard) dramatically changed... For worse... A lot of bitching always was here, but now with all thos eopportunists... Dunno- see point 1. Share ratio would help a lot!!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROGER37 wrote:

Hahaha, if the majority of your posts weren't in the announce section asking people for things, I might have taken your comment seriously.

Ratio is definitely a good idea Fenderek, but who would put that into place and monitor it? How would one keep track of how many Mb have been downloaded?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have downloaded a few things from here, not many, because, without wishing to sound ungrateful, once you've heard one poor quality recording of a 1975 concert, really, you've heard them all, if we are being honest. I don't know enough about the ultra rare stuff to comment, but I still fail to see what all the excitement is about sometimes. Take that Buffalo thing, for example. What's the big deal with a 2 minute silent recording, of a song we've all heard a thousand times before, and got better videos of? Is it me?

Anyway, whenever I do download something, I not only give back 25%, but it's usually more like 100%, and if I see a request for seeds for something I have just downloaded, I always try to reseed it for a few hours.

Just my two penneth, for what it's worth. :)

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROGER37 wrote:

Hahaha, if the majority of your posts weren't in the announce section asking people for things, I might have taken your comment seriously.

Ratio is definitely a good idea Fenderek, but who would put that into place and monitor it? How would one keep track of how many Mb have been downloaded?

Richard said a couple of months ago that he was going to implement a share ratio system and thats fine by me. But my problem is this - although you can do this with the torrent stuff, how can you put a share ratio on stuff uploaded to RapidShare for instance?

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

ROGER37 wrote:

Richard said a couple of months ago that he was going to implement a share ratio system and thats fine by me. But my problem is this - although you can do this with the torrent stuff, how can you put a share ratio on stuff uploaded to RapidShare for instance?

There´s no way to put a share ratio on stuff uploaded on Rapidshare...

Sorry to say, but uploading stuff on Rapidshare must be forbidden in the future!
So, no more "rapidsharing" please...

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Mantrashak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've only recently found this site! I've tried downloading a few torrents (also something that I'm just learning about). I haven't thanked the original uploaders yet. It's not that I'm ungrateful, I'm just not very good at getting around to all the things I should. However, I have made sure that taht my share ratio has been at least 30% (the last one was 80%).

One difficult thing to know is what the quality will be like. Some bootlegs are very good, others are almost impossible to listen to. Anyway, minor quibble.

BTW, I went to Queen (and Paul Rodgers)'s last concert at Hyde Park. I don't have anything to share, but you can see just a few of the pics I took at this web address:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sr.wilson/queen/Queen.htm

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An 80% share ratio is nothing to brag about, much less a 30% ratio.

DJ's the man we love the most
fjac1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fjac1980
Bohemian: 283 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think that Roger37 be a leecher. In my concept leecher is the one who only care download. But Roger has uploaded a lot of gigs and song.
By the way, many people only asking for shows, songs o other stuffs, even making condittions. Those people really sucks.
Bye

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

An 80% share ratio is nothing to brag about, much less a 30% ratio.

I wasn't bragging. I was stating. They were just examples. Are you implying I'm not meeting your standards? In which case maybe you'd prefer me to go away, to not contribute at all? Fair enough...

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stay, leave, whatever.

Just reminding others that a share ratio of less than 100% is leeching to some extent. Obviously, 95% is a bit more forgivable than 30%. The only thing that keeps this alive is sharing.

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

Stay, leave, whatever.

Just reminding others that a share ratio of less than 100% is leeching to some extent. Obviously, 95% is a bit more forgivable than 30%. The only thing that keeps this alive is sharing.

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. If you scare off everyone who comes here by being so critical you'll end up with no-one sharing anything at all. Certainly made me think twice about whether I should upload anything, just in case someone fails to meet their 100% share ratio.

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

1. WE NEED share ratio... Whoever uploads less than 25% of whatever was downloaded shouldn't be allowed to download anymore.
((SNIP)) Dunno- see point 1. Share ratio would help a lot!!!

Well now hold on just a minute. I think I posted in that huuuuuuuuuuuuuge Buffalo thread, that I am a casual downloader. In the case of Buffalo I downloaded, watched with interest, deleted.

I work 9-5 and three nights a week, I have evening meetings on top of that. I get a few hours during the week to browse this and other sites. The rest of the time, I spend my time living life outside of this site.

And I have downloaded a few songs from a few shows.

But that's all I have time for. I live in Northern Ireland. Do you know how many second-hand record shops there are here? One. Hector's House in Belfast, 60 miles from here. And they don't sell bootlegs.

I've had the internet at home since 1995, and I've used ebay and other sites to build up a record and CD collection that's fairly impressive across several genres, artists, years.

But I don't have time to go searching the planet for all the stuff you upload Nor do I wish to. However I WILL download the odd song if I find it online.

I understand your stroppiness at those who download, burn and then sell their gear.

But don't for one second, class casual browsers like me and many others as leechers.

There was LOTS written here about the elitism of certain traders. Without agreeing that view, it's easy to understand why.

It's quite simple. If you don't want to share, don't upload. Swap addresses with your wee mates in here, and email/snail-mail your stuff to each other. But for FUCK's sake, whatever you do - get a bloody life.

A starving person dies every three seconds in the third world? 50-something people dead in wacko-terrorist explosions in London? 3000 people killed in Northern Ireland by petty conflict? 700 dead in India today ALONE from floods?

And you worry about people downloading illegal material that you upload to the internet??

Get out more.

Rant over. Cheers for watching. Flame away, cos I'm heading out to the pub for (and I know this will be alien to some of you) a night's craic.

Paul

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mantrashak wrote:

Zeni wrote:

Stay, leave, whatever.

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. If you scare off everyone who comes here by being so critical you'll end up with no-one sharing anything at all. Certainly made me think twice about whether I should upload anything, just in case someone fails to meet their 100% share ratio.

Why should people share when it's just being leeched? That makes no sense.

We have to police ourselves here. That's the way it's always been. If you feel scared off by my comments, don't be. I am really a bundle of warm fuzzies and candy-corn. But again, it's important that people share and not leech.

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed. He is asking to much.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

I am really a bundle of warm fuzzies and candy-corn.

It's true, she really is. Just try buying a duck from her - the kindest, gentlest duck I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 05, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that few people are grateful here,you see in torrents that the file has been downloaded 100 hundred times,but we don't see 100 "thank you" here,and many ppl only ask for shows and never upload anything,but for ex The_hero uploads a lot of shows and only does it for pleasure it seems,so if many ppl ask for a show or anything and you consider they are leechers,just ignore'em,but for example,as I mentioned above,the_hero(or any other kind person like him)is willing or has the time to upload the shows just because HE WANTS to do it,what's the problem with it?.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come