Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > US setlist- will it be different?

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

D'you think? I'll be myslef disappointed from my point of view if it does and they paly the things I wanted them to play in Europe, but... I guess I'll be happy for you :) Saying this- the show rocks anyway as you'll guys finally experience :) D'you think they'll dig out more 70s tracks? More Bad Company gems (Shooting Star?) maybe?

Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they'll change up at least a few songs. I think they'll put a couple more Bad Company songs in the set like "Shooting Star" and "Rock & Roll Fantasy" These were the two big crowd sing-alongs when I saw Bad Company.

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely, I also believe Rock n' Roll Fantasy will be played, perhaps even the song Bad Company itself. I can't see such songs as A Kind of Magic and These are the Days of Our Lives, that made no impact in America, being played. Unfortunate really, because I would love to hear these songs live. But songs such as Somebody to Love and Killer Queen, which are more recognizable in the States, might see the light of day.

Man Made Paradise
Fone Bone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think they're gonna change the setlist dramatically now, especially for just a few more shows. The odd Paul Rodgers song might be added, but the Queen songs will remain the same, surely enough. It's true that the songs from the 80's and 90's are less famous over there, but then that's the point of the US tour, to play these songs to an American audience for the first time (IWTBF, RGG, TSMGO etc.)So I don't expect a NOTW Tour Selist LOL
As for the Freddie songs, undoubtedly the best Queen ever had (Killer Queen, STL, GOFLB, In the lap of the gods, lily, innuendo, there are so many), it was obvious from the start that this tour was not about them. We got Bo Rhap, CLTCL, WATC and LOML, which is incredibly few, and yet better than nothing.

Indeed, Brian, great as he is, probably sees this tour as his "Queen takeover" : releasing TYMD and FBG as a double a side is a sign of this, not releasing Under Pressure in order to avoid paying Bowie royalties is another.

And yet I'm not complaining : this is probably the best time to be a Queen fan since Innuendo ; I don't mind leaving behind the 5ive collaborations and World's Apart post mortem duos w. Freddie !!!

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they will put in body language, you know how much Brian loves to play that song live!
oh and don't forget Dragon attack, that has a killer guitar solo in it!

MY GOD spell it write.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ShaneJazz4 wrote:

Absolutely, I also believe Rock n' Roll Fantasy will be played, perhaps even the song Bad Company itself. I can't see such songs as A Kind of Magic and These are the Days of Our Lives, that made no impact in America, being played.

Ditto.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being the fact that Queen lost a lot of popularity in the States in the 80s, I'd figure they'd drop some of the hits like 'A Kind Of Magic', 'I Want To Break Free', and 'These Are The Days Of Our Lives'.

I'm hoping though that they keep 'Radio Ga-Ga', 'Hammer To Fall', 'I Want It All', and 'The Show Must Go On'. I think it would KICK ASS if they included 'It's Late', 'Now I'm Here' and 'One Vision' on the setlist.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd crap my pants if they did "It's Late." Just a warning..;-)

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user is on Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it would be tempting for them to play a lot of post 1982 material, just because it has never been played here. Oh, and shooting star would be excellent.

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why change?- They`re playing in a different territory. For the US people it`s new stuff, so...

Take care

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Why change?- They`re playing in a different territory. For the US people it`s new stuff, so...

Take care

Man- I'll be seriously pissed off if they change it NOW. As Erin said- I actually almost crapped my pants when he hit those chords... just to find out it wasn't It's Late but "slow" version of Hammer to Fall :)

Erin

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

As Erin said- I actually almost crapped my pants when he hit those chords... just to find out it wasn't It's Late but "slow" version of Hammer to Fall :)

Yeah..that's a cruel trick! :-)

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eh eh, well in Paris (so it was the beginning of the tour, and the rolling setlist was still a reasonable dream), I really thought they were gonna do Headlong ! (which was so great in 93, BTW)
But of course it was the White Man / FBG routine.
And when Paul started fooling around with Somebody To Love at the beginning of Little Bit Of Love, I almost hoped for a bold medley :-)

As for the songs they're supposed to have played during soudnchecks (Seven Seas, One Vision, Now i'm Here, Dragon Attack, The Miracle (!?)), was it fan fiction or fact ? Anyone knows for sure ?

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now I'm Hee was def palyed during soundchecks in Holland. Few ppl claimed they heard Seven Seas- and few lines from Brian's Another World. One vision was as well mentioned few times... THAN few ppl saw track queues on the screens at the outdoor gigs and there was Is This The World We Created? and Sleeping On THe Sidewalk... Especially the last one would have been a nice surprise... I myslef was really surprised Long Away was played only twice- nice version that was! Miracle was I think fiction. Before Brixton someone was claiming they rehearsed Hitman and Breakthru...- nd that was utter shite... Paul before the tour was mentioning INNUENDO...

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am hoping they change up a few songs. I believed they would til I read Fish Bone's post. I have to agree w/ alot of what you said. This is only a 2 show performance. I won't call this a US Tour, its not. Then they are off to Japan where everthing from the 80's & 90's was popular. So the European Tour set list works perfectly. I don't think they will change many songs just for two gigs.
Having said that, I do hope they drop Radio, IWTBF, Magic, along w/ TATDOOL, & add in a few Bad Co. songs. Fantast & Shooting Star should most definately be in the set. As well as the song Bad Co. I still say Silver, Blue & Gold would work great. the rest of the set will work. Now I'm Here would be better to hear than HTF.

"Take care of those you call your own"
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Bobby_brown wrote:

Take care

Man- I'll be seriously pissed off if they change it NOW. As Erin said- I actually almost crapped my pants when he hit those chords... just to find out it wasn't It's Late but "slow" version of Hammer to Fall :)

WHAT!!! A SLOW VERSION OF HAMMER TO FALL!!??

I hate when rock bands turn their most hard rocking songs into slow acoustic versions. Bon Jovi does that a lot.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally I paid mostly to see them play Queen songs. I really don't want more than 4 or 5 Free and Bad Company songs on the setlist.

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Now I'm Hee was def palyed during soundchecks in Holland. Few ppl claimed they heard Seven Seas- and few lines from Brian's Another World. One vision was as well mentioned few times... THAN few ppl saw track queues on the screens at the outdoor gigs and there was Is This The World We Created? and Sleeping On THe Sidewalk... Especially the last one would have been a nice surprise... I myslef was really surprised Long Away was played only twice- nice version that was! Miracle was I think fiction. Before Brixton someone was claiming they rehearsed Hitman and Breakthru...- nd that was utter shite... Paul before the tour was mentioning INNUENDO...

That's what I thought, I hardly see Paul singing The Miracle. Innuendo he referred to in the Mojo special, if I remember correctly. Now that would have been brave ! But it was certainly too much work, and not only for Paul, after all Bri & Rog played this one only once. And they had a 2 hour show to set up. This is not the kind of song you can decide to perform overnight, unlike AOBTD and UP, which might have been "steps in the dark", but have been performed quite a few times before.
A shame, though, as innuendo is in my top 5 songs ever.
Maybe if the QPR collaboration continues ?

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Fenderek wrote:

Bobby_brown wrote:

Take care

WHAT!!! A SLOW VERSION OF HAMMER TO FALL!!??

I hate when rock bands turn their most hard rocking songs into slow acoustic versions. Bon Jovi does that a lot.

It's all right actually- it starts slowly and than builds up to "normal speed" heavy point. Nothing special IMO, but not bad either... Personally would prefer Headlong... Or It's Late.. Or white Man... Oh bollocks- I acn come up with at least 30 better titles :)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to hear the 'Innuendo' intro to KICK the show!! Although I think 'Lose Yourself' kicks ass, I wonder why did they have to pick someone else's song??. Queen has way too many songs that would be excellent to open the show.