Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Live Aid - The Legendary Performance

forum rss feed
Author

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It most definately is official. You have the proof in your hands (the dvd box set).

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Before I go be an idiot and upload this thing against the rules, is Queen's performance at Live Aid considered "official" material?
Because I have the DVD box set, and I think the quality'll be somewhat better than any bootlegs you guys might have.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CRUD.
Ah well, you guys miss out. :P
Anybody else wanna state their professional opinions on this?

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

djaef wrote:

It most definately is official. You have the proof in your hands (the dvd box set).

That's the professional's opinion. Official.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shouldn't we be encouraging all the people with bootleg copies to BUY the real thing?

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Shouldn't we be encouraging all the people with bootleg copies to BUY the real thing?

Everybody should buy all the "real" releases in order to be a "real" Queen fan :P

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A real Queen fan with too much dang money.
It cost me 44 bucks CDN just to get this dang thing.
I've seen Queen, the Who, Bowie, U2, McCartney, and Status Quo.
Just about everything else I skipp'd.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

naaaaaa it doesnt matter

martinjkstones

Posted: 29 Jul 05, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nvrmnd I b quiet now.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

hang on, he said hes baught the boxset yet your telling him to go out and buy it? :S

and if its video of the queen performance then why is there a dvd bootleg of it? im confused!

No-one's telling him to go out and buy it. Penetration_guru was suggesting that we should be encouraging people to buy this official product as opposed to downloading songs from it for free.

There are video & audio bootlegs of Live Aid floating around. Why not?

What he was wanting to share was mp3 rips of the official dvd.

I hope that clears your confusion.

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I downloaded the 13mb file floating around in 2002 which was the Live Aid show up to Crazy Little Thing Called Love. I did it without qualms because Bob Geldof said the show was never to be released.

THEN he released the stuffing show, haven't listened to it since, on account of kind of being - poor.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
epwchill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Though many things were cut from the DVD, including Zepplins whole performance, and quite a bit of sabbaths performance.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the performances of Carlos Santana, The Hooters, amd quite a few more artists as well as songs being cut and left off the DVD from artists that are on the DVD.

If you go on Geldof's official website they tell you that 10 hours of the 16 hour event were released on the DVD.

It also goes into great detail about the source generation tapes, the broadcasts, and audio/video recording feeds.

xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Bob Geldof's site. Here' some of the info. For the complete info. go to the link.

http://www.bobgeldof.info/Charity/liveaid.html

Official Live Aid DVD
An official 4-DVD set of the Live Aid concerts was released on November 8, 2004. It contains 10-hour partial footage of the 16-hour length concert. The DVD was produced by Geldof's company, Woodcharm Ltd., and distributed by Warner Music Group.

The decision to finally release it was taken by Bob Geldof nearly 20 years after the original concerts, after he found a number of pirate copies of the concert on the Internet (see full story here). There has been controversy over the DVD release because a decision had been taken for a substantial number of tracks not to be included in this edited version.

The most complete footage that exists is from the BBC, and it was the main source of the DVD. During production on the official DVD, MTV lent Woodcharm Ltd. their B-roll and alternate camera footage; this was an additional source of the U.S. footage that appears on the official DVD.

Working from the original BBC and MTV footage, judicious decisions were made on which acts would be included and which ones would not (for example, Rick Springfield, The Four Tops, The Hooters, and Power Station are among those acts that were left off the DVD). Many of the artists' songs that were performed were also omitted. For example Madonna performed 3 solo songs in the concert, but only 2 were included on DVD - "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" was omitted.

Two performers were left off at their own request - Led Zeppelin and Santana. The rock band Led Zeppelin defended their decision not to be included on the grounds that their performance was "sub-standard," but to lend their support Jimmy Page and Robert Plant have pledged to donate proceeds from an upcoming Led Zeppelin DVD release to the campaign, and John Paul Jones has pledged proceeds from his current American tour with Mutual Admiration Society.

The British Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown decided the VAT collected on the DVD will be given back to the charity, which will raise an extra £5 for every DVD sold.

xyz

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And as it says in the booklet, two of the Who's four tunes - I think it was "Pinball Wizard" and "My Generation" - weren't broadcast because the generator blew.

BTW, since the Queen Hub doesn't list Live Aid on its official list, why doesn't QueenZone let me upload it?

HE ROCKS US STILL.

kyassor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suigi wrote:

BTW, since the Queen Hub doesn't list Live Aid on its official list, why doesn't QueenZone let me upload it?

It doesn't say 'Don't punch your boss in the face' at my work but if I did, I don't think I'd be popular.

Does it say 'Don't stick metal objects directly in to the electricity supply' in your house ? No ? Well are you going to do that ?

I think you are just trying to wind people up because no one can be as pathetic as you try and make out - it isn't possible :-)

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't blame a guy for trying. ;)
Just kidding.
To be honest, I think you guys will just buy the DVD box set if you want it that badly.
Otherwise, make do with the many bootlegs out there.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Went to buy it today, fucking best buy was sold out, fuckers.

MY GOD spell it write.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 05, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suigi wrote:

QZ and the QueenHub are run by differnet administrators and have a completely differnet audience and set of rules. QZ is much more public and needs to be more careful than a hub with a few hundred members at most.

And to be honest, I'm not sure anyone in the Hub is sharing the DVD rip. If anything, it's the old bootleg version that's been in circulation for years.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 31 Jul 05, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, if I can stankin' log in on the Hub, then I'll be sharing it.
Or failing that, check the 2 GB-or-less hub.

HE ROCKS US STILL.