Forums > Fan mixes > '39 (Bass + Vocals)

forum rss feed
Author

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Been fiddling with this, and couldn't do anything much in the way of a remix, but here's something for the guitarists to strum along to:-

http://rapidshare.de/files/35813341/39__Bass___Vox_.mp3

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nice, thanks for this

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And that's exactly what I'll do, thanks a lot, but would you please please upload the complete version with the middle part intact?
Somehow your version skips a few beats.

Please continue the great remixing work!

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

And that's exactly what I'll do, thanks a lot, but would you please please upload the complete version with the middle part intact?

OK, here's the complete version. I assume you didn't want the 33 seconds of silence at the beginning? :) A nice little challenge for you to keep time during the silent middle section! ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/3546412/39__Bass___Vox_.mp3.html

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Woah thanks man! I must get these DVD-A's myself someday.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Fickle wrote:

Fireplace wrote:

OK, here's the complete version. I assume you didn't want the 33 seconds of silence at the beginning? :) A nice little challenge for you to keep time during the silent middle section! ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/3546412/39__Bass___Vox_.mp3.html>

Well, I've got this little secret. It's called a click, but don't tell anyone :-)

Thanks a million for uploading this, it's my favourite song. The 33 seconds of silence is no problem, I have that part somewhere on my harddisk ;-)

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this. This is an excellent way of hearing just how technically proficient a bass player John is. I've often argued that he is often overlooked as a musician.

I take it that's an acoustic fretless number? A double, even? Can't be arsed to look it up!!

Thanks again.

Paul

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."

Posted: 01 Aug 05, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A double, I believe. The fretless was used live.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this allowed to be shared, Since it's a rip of the DVD. Therefor official material, and DVD rip videos aren't also allowed

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

Is this allowed to be shared, Since it's a rip of the DVD. Therefor official material, and DVD rip videos aren't also allowed

I think we can relax the 'rules' a bit when it comes to sharing the elements of songs. I mean, if we really got technical about it, even re-edited stuff is still made up of official material.

I was actually just thinking this morning that we should have a thread where potential remixers could request certain channels or karaoke mixes they could use. Because I would be happy to rip them now that I have the ability to do it properly.

Last year I shared all of the karaoke mixes many times over, some with minor adjustments. Those are offical releases in Japan (and Korea apparently).

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

okay:)

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
RaffoMiles user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 193 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I asked the very same question when the mixing contest was announced. Apparently it's OK if you are not reproducing the material in it's original form, and there is no money involved. I think it's a slightly grey area, but no one's doing anybody any harm, and we are not affecting QPL's revenues, as these versions would never have been available to buy anyway.

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the bright side, I bought the DVD-a of ANATO because Lord Fickle's mixes sparked my interest in 5.1 mixes of my favourite albums. So sharing this actually did some good!

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

On the bright side, I bought the DVD-a of ANATO because Lord Fickle's mixes sparked my interest in 5.1 mixes of my favourite albums. So sharing this actually did some good!

That's great! I'll remember to mention that in court! Lol! :)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh. I dunno, remixing is fair game I reckon, nobody makes any dosh out of it. As for sharing karaoke mixes, I'm always tempted to request things like A Winter's Tale and I Was Born to Love You (which - sucks to be me - weren't on the Karaoke CD I bought). But you know, I don't. It's hardly legal :D

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Edit button ain't working? RIP OFF!

Anyway - I'm actually going to hunt down I Was Born to Love You because I have an idea, I want to combine it with an 1986 song.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this! I have been having a heck of a time trying to rip the audio from my copy of the DVD-A. :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

Thanks for this! I have been having a heck of a time trying to rip the audio from my copy of the DVD-A. :D

DVD Audio Extractor, Dan. Easy as a breeze, guaranteed! Let me know if you need help, it's worth it even if just to hear how they built their songs.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Fireplace or Fickle or anyone, I could use some help :)

I can't get this ripped either. Had no trouble with 'The Game' but I've tried everything with ANATO and I keep getting 'Cannot read the selected audio stream..'

I updated DVD Audio Extractor (new one came out yesterday), that didn't help. Having the disc decrypted and on the HD doesn't help, having the main title alone reauthored, etc...

I tried some other program which I quickly got rid of because it didn't even support DTS.

I'm just now trying my last idea.. the 'Single DVD Vob File' mode. I've joined the main title vob into one big vob..

Doesn't even open. Oh well.