Forums > Queen - General Discussion > why is sheer heart attact not on sheer heart attact?

forum rss feed
Author

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anybody know why the song sheer heart attact is not on the album of the same name? i know the song is on news to the world and that album was two albums after sheer heart attact. can anyone tell me why? please let me know. im a devoted queen fan from the state of new york.

shannon sweet
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Firstly, it's Sheer Heart Attack.

Secondly, the song was written in '74 but wasn't completed in time for the album to be released. As the song didn't fit the mood for the next two albums, Roger brought it out of mothballs for News Of The World, restructured it to sound more punk, and hey presto.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't finished on time- they just left it half way through I guess... And came back to it 3 years later... And IMO they changed it dramatically- I expect the 74 version to be very different to the NOTW cut...
PS
Oh bugger- some people are quicker with typing ;)

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same reason "Bohemian Rhapsody" isn't on Queen II. "Bicycle Race" isn't on "A Day At The Races". "Seven Seas Of Rhye" has no vocal on "Queen".

Queen liked to confuse people into buying ALL of their albums to get the song they wanted. Long before they put out the first album, a meeting was held with psychics and extraterrestrial intelligence representatives in order to plan out the whole thing for future releases. It was here also that Freddie was advised not to have his teeth fixed, and that "Hot Space" would be a major success. Obviously the advice was hit or miss in terms of accuracy.

gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the song´s great, and even better live, but the end of the album version sucks!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whirled peas<br><font size=1>Give peas a chance wrote:

Same reason &quot;Bohemian Rhapsody&quot; isn't on Queen II. &quot;Bicycle Race&quot; isn't on &quot;A Day At The Races&quot;. &quot;Seven Seas Of Rhye&quot; has no vocal on &quot;Queen&quot;.

Queen liked to confuse people into buying ALL of their albums to get the song they wanted. Long before they put out the first album, a meeting was held with psychics and extraterrestrial intelligence representatives in order to plan out the whole thing for future releases. It was here also that Freddie was advised not to have his teeth fixed, and that &quot;Hot Space&quot; would be a major success. Obviously the advice was hit or miss in terms of accuracy.

I like this theory over mine.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

because they were going to confuse everyone by putting SHA (the song) on NOTW (the album)
and NOTW (the song) on SHA (the album)

but then Paull Weller asked them for a song and they gave him NOTW - and the plan unravelled after that ;-)

go deo na h√Čireann
gazfred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone know what the original sheer heart attack sounded like does it still exist??

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The original exists, in archives, wait for the Box Set (yeah, right...)- hasn't leaked out (apparently)

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Be nice if they put on it on the NOTW or SHA re-release like they are doing for ANATO this year.

MY GOD spell it write.