Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Garden Lodge

forum rss feed
Author

mercuryrocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there!

I just came home from a vacation in London with my family. I went to see Garden Lodge. That was absolutely amazing to see! I was so moved when I was there! It looked very empty there, though. But when I walked away from there I saw a woman and two boys walking in somewhere around Garden Lodge. It was on the side of Garden Lodge they walked in. Maybe they walked in to another house, if there is another house behind Garden Lodge?? I was a bit far away so I could not quite see it but it looked as if they walked in to Garden Lodge. I do not think it was Mary Austin but I am not sure. Doesn't she live there anymore? By the way, the boys spoke Danish (I am Danish) so I thought that was weird! Can anybody solve this mystery for me, please? Who was that?

Are there any Queen fans from London out there who go to Garden Lodge often? I wish I could go there again! I did not manage to get some flowers for Freddie to place at the door :(

~Maria.

Rule with your heart and live with your conscience...
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to visit there, bring flowers and pay my respects..with my own moment to reflect.

xyz
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks wrote:

Hi there!

I just came home from a vacation in London with my family. I went to see Garden Lodge. That was absolutely amazing to see! I was so moved when I was there! It looked very empty there, though. But when I walked away from there I saw a woman and two boys walking in somewhere around Garden Lodge. It was on the side of Garden Lodge they walked in. Maybe they walked in to another house, if there is another house behind Garden Lodge?? I was a bit far away so I could not quite see it but it looked as if they walked in to Garden Lodge. I do not think it was Mary Austin but I am not sure. Doesn't she live there anymore? By the way, the boys spoke Danish (I am Danish) so I thought that was weird! Can anybody solve this mystery for me, please? Who was that?

Are there any Queen fans from London out there who go to Garden Lodge often? I wish I could go there again! I did not manage to get some flowers for Freddie to place at the door :(

~Maria.

tut tut... oh dear.. you went to the wrong house its No1 not 2 , lol im just kiddin ya,
yea there is another house to the rear of garden lodge in fact i think its 2 smaller houses which freddie bought, the children you mention could be anyone really i could imagine they/mary knows a hell of a lot of people/friends, also from what i gather she still lives there with her new husband.

oo la la
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to go to London... Not to see Garden Lodge though.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Sirk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 132 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hehehe i dont live that far from London. I've never actually been to garden lodge. I really should.

Kate xx
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been there.. Didn't have some religious experience or anything, though..;-)

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the house behind are called 'the mews' all part of the garden lodge portfolio

martinjkstones
chauncey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Aug 05, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I visited Garden Lodge in 01. I stayed at the huge Holiday Inn a couploe blocks away. There was a little bit of graffiti on the sidewalk.
At the end of June this year I had visited the fan club. Val was there and she showed me an article of Freddie's house from a magazine. There was a pic of Mary and her two children. I do remember that they were both blond.
Not sure if that helps at all.

Are you ready to rock, are you ready to roll, okay let's do it! -F. Mercury

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, thanks very much!
I do not remember what colour the boys' hair was... I just heard them talking Danish when I walked past them. I actually thought that the woman could have been Mary because she looked down so I could not see her face. I imagine she would have done that if she had seen me standing there by the door (and writing on it! oops...!) so I would not recognize (spelled correctly?) her.

I cannot believe that some of you Londoners have never been to Garden Lodge!!! After all, it is probably the closest you will ever get to Freddie, now that he is dead, and some people say that he is buried in the garden there... Kinda creepy.

Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I usually go to the record fairs at Olympia in March or April time and stroll back to Earl's Court tube via Garden Lodge.

Always very nice down there on a Spring day!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im going to Garden Lodge wednesday 10 of august as its my birthday..I live in London, about 20 mins away from Freddies home its lovely going there i hoped you enjoyed it alot.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i've been a few times to garden lodge. it's ok for a visit but you can't really see much. the top of the house and the outside walls is about it. the graffiti was all over the outside walls the first time i visited in about '92. mostly it was of the 'freddie you are the champion of the world' variety. however, some amusing person had written 'welcome to chateux sausage' on the wall. and someone else, not so amusingly had written ' freddie you gay c***'in huge pink letters
the last time i visited was the day after hyde park and i noticed a gate further down from the main gate with 'tradesman's entrance' written on it, [i hadn't seen that before]. i'll allow you to draw your own conclusions as to its significance

we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would like to visit there myself
And Happy birthday to it a hard life for 10th of august i have just had mine 2nd of august lol

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
boggle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went there when Freddie died and they was a vigel there for him, you might have seen it on the news where all the fans had candles.
Was very moving we all left tributes i left a Queen 7" picture cover with a message i wrote on it.

BTW its my Birthday on the 7th
:o)

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

Im going to Garden Lodge wednesday 10 of august as its my birthday..I live in London, about 20 mins away from Freddies home its lovely going there i hoped you enjoyed it alot.

Oh, happy birthday then! :) my birthday is on the 11th of August!
I enjoyed seeing Freddie's house a lot! It was kinda weird though, because I felt happy about seeing it, but I also felt sad because he used to live there and now he is just gone.

Does anybody know if the mystery of where Freddie is buried was ever solved?? Or will it be a secret forever?

*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i thought he was cremated....

i would love to go to Garden Lodge. it would be so emotional, but i really want to see it

btw... to all with upcoming b-days...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster

"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"After all, it is probably the closest you will ever get to Freddie, now that he is dead, and some people say that he is buried in the garden there... Kinda creepy."

Yes, kind of. In fact they say that in the Winter, at sundown each night, a lonely ghost wanders the grounds of Garden Lodge... looking for YOU. That's right, it's the ghost of Freddie Mercury and he is trying to haunt you. You haven't paid respects enough lately, and the Ghost has become IMPATIENT. Uh oh. I can hear the bass line of Another One Bites the Dust. Your time is now.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes he was cremated
and done in secert to stop Fans knowing where he was cremated
had to be because of his illness

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Playful as a pussycat wrote:

i thought he was cremated....

i would love to go to Garden Lodge. it would be so emotional, but i really want to see it

btw... to all with upcoming b-days...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you! :)
Freddie was cremated but they say that the jar with his ashes in are buried under the cherry tree in the garden. Doesn't Jim Hutton also mention that in his book or is it just me? I THINK he writes in the book that he does not know where the ashes are but he believes that they are under the cherry tree... It is so weird that not even Jim Hutton knows! I think I would be so disappointed if I was not allowed to know where my boyfriend was buried!!

It IS emotional to see Garden Lodge if you are as big a fan of Freddie as I am! You should go there if you ever get the opportunity.

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEENROCKS_1991 wrote:

yes he was cremated
and done in secert to stop Fans knowing where he was cremated
had to be because of his illness

Sorry QUEENROCKS..
I had not seen that you had replied about Freddie being cremated