Forums > Queen - General Discussion > John Deacon

forum rss feed
Author

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've recently been watching the videos to Spread Your Wings and One Vision and noticed that John Deacon playing piano in Wings and drums in Vision. I was just wondering if anyone knows he actually played them in the actual recording of the songs.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's doubtful. Theoretically he might have added some overdubs in the middle section of One Vision which were too short to be credited, but I guess he just was fooling around for the video.

About Wings, backing tracks were done "live", bass, drums and piano were recorded at the same time in msot cases, so he didn't play the piano. Moreover if you notice the song's ending where the piano parts gets more complex (relatively), that's something neither John nor Brian could enable. John mimed it in the video because Freddie was pissed.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In Bicycle Race video (GHV 1 version) you can see that John's doing some back vocals... It's just video!

John could play only very simple patterns on drums.

Son Of Deacon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

daddy's a very talented man

Michael Gallagher
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fred didn't teach him, John took the e-piano home and started to tinkle on it, and that's the song that came while he was learning.

However, in the video he plays a grand piano, which isn't congruent with the audio.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah Freddie was supposed to play keyboards on the song but he didnt like e-pianos so john did them.

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sweden_man wrote:

john played bass on the wings video, not piano

I was talkin about YMBF.

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
Iam the one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 574 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon is very talented gezzer for sure.Im sure he`s good guitarist and piano player too.But he cant sing a note..

Fucking and champagne
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iam the one wrote:

John Deacon is very talented gezzer for sure.Im sure he`s good guitarist and piano player too.But he cant sing a note..

John is a good guitar player......listen to, among other things, Staying Power (from On Fire), Misfire, Cool Cat, and others I forget.........didnt he play on AOBTD?

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iam the one wrote:

His singing voice is better than some people think. Listen to Houston 1977 or Earls Court 1977 he was singing the lowest harmony on Somebody to Love during the find me somebody to love find part. Also helped on We Will Rock You slow.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"