Forums > Fan mixes > Who Wants To Live Forever (Dan Corson Mix)

forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 05, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is not too much different than the album version with the obvious exception of Freddie singing the first verse. Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.de/files/3664472/Who_Wants_To_Live_Forever__Dan_Corson_Mix_.mp3.html

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Ralef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you! Well done! You made a real "Freddie version" of it!Now there´s one song less needed to be released official....

If I could only reach you, if I can make you smile
Daburcor?

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No problem! Happy to do it! Also, The little squeaky sound (I'm guessing it's birds... I haven't watched Highlander in SOME time.) in the first verse was impossible for me to get rid of.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nicely put together! The birds aren't too bad.. but I do wonder if there isn't a way to use the 5.1 film channels to get rid of them (unless that's your source). Perhaps the center wouldn't have them.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked the center channel. Major birdage. Sounds like maybe it could be digitally cleaned up if someone had the patience though.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great to have a Freddie mix. BUT... and this is a biggie. My ears were in agony as your mix sounds VERY HARSH. Especially the singing part going into the solo section. Answer honestly - did you EQ this mix of yours?

I've already compared yours with the original version and there's a major difference. The album version is smooth and nice to my ears. Yours makes me step back and turn things down.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Peace,
Adam.

Daburcor?

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought that some of it may be, As you say, Harsh. However lame this excuse may sound, I have been suffering a double ear infection as of late and my hearing isn't quite what it should be (actually, everything sounds muffled and flat). I am glad that you mentioned it, As I can fix it now even without being able to hear it properly.

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice mix, although I agree about it being a bit too 'bright'. The birds don't sound too bad, apart from one particularly noticable squawk. Good to hear Freddie all the way through.

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great to here a full Freddie studio version. Maybe someone could Rip Brian's Second verse vocals from the Jennifer Rush version & mix it with Brian's First verse & hey presto, we have a full Brian version as well.

Joyful the sound