Author

dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

any one else on here who speaks welsh?
or know any words of welsh?
or failing that......
anyone want to learn the rude words in welsh?

we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was in Llanberis (been there 3 times- I love Snowdonia!) I learned what "Croeso" mean :) But that's it :)

dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ahh you were taught by a nice person then.

when i was in lampeter, mid wales, i met some chap in a pub
who had been taught by a local mischief maker [who shall remain nameless here] that 'hello' in welsh is 'Bronnau hyfryd'.

it actually means 'lovely breasts' he he

i asked if he'd tried out his new welsh phrase in the town.
he said 'yes i said it to the old lady in the newspaper shop this morning, but she just gave me a strange look'

'maybe it was your accent' i said to him

to which he replied ' yeah probably was.'

we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?

Well... This is not rude, but it's the best what I can offer...

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I pretend to speak it, just put loads of words in a sentence, great fun in the pub. heres an example :-

Mae swimmio ar y pwll nofio today an maen cancelled ar y kilogram gyda human excrement.

sounds great after a few drinks.

"your shit and you know you are".
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

I pretend to speak it, just put loads of words in a sentence, great fun in the pub. heres an example :-
Mae swimmio ar y pwll nofio today an maen cancelled ar y kilogram gyda human excrement.
sounds great after a few drinks.

first you had a go at Muslims, then Irish - now Welsh people...you don't have a clue what you're doing, do you? you really are THAT ignorant...that's not an excuse for racism you know!!!
now think before the next time you type something like that

go deo na hÉireann
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dudley is Welsh, so is allowed in the same way that coloured rappers may use the N word but the rest of us can't.

brENsKi

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Dudley is Welsh, so is allowed in the same way that coloured rappers may use the N word but the rest of us can't.

no he's not allowed. self deprecation is still racism if ANYONE finds it offensive. Your statement would claim that it's impossible to make a racist statement about your own people - that's incorrect

go deo na hÉireann
Iam the one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 574 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

welsh is weird

Fucking and champagne
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you be racist towards yourself? Isn't it just self parodying? Christ, you can't say anything these days...

I got a D a GCSE Welsh which I was very proud of! ;-)

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I admit it, im very racist towards welsh people, in fact I hate them, fucking bunch of sheep shagging egg chasers.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Jones wrote:

Christ, you can't say anything these days...

Agree!

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Yes I admit it, im very racist towards welsh people, in fact I hate them, fucking bunch of sheep shagging egg chasers.

Hehe, you must be from Wales too then! ;-)

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
D@VID user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am from Wales and take no offence at earlier remarks.
Touched on this subject before and it is called having a sense of humour.Most British people seem to have one but some do not(usually liberals).
I work for a Bristol firm and put up with sort of thing all the time,I just call them carrot crunchers.No offence is ever meant or taken.I would rather work in that type of enviroment than a climate of fear for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Hello all
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

D@VID wrote:

Touched on this subject before and it is called having a sense of humour.Most British people seem to have one but some do not(usually liberals).
I work for a Bristol firm and put up with sort of thing all the time,I just call them carrot crunchers.No offence is ever meant or taken.I would rather work in that type of enviroment than a climate of fear for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Exactly!!! I agree!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

brENsKi

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

D@VID wrote:

Exactly!!! I agree!!!

and while i agree in principle with much of the sentiments stated...my (ex) boss lost his job two years ago - for EXACTLY THAT kind of 'harmless banter' - as i said - it's racism if ANYONE (regardless of race) finds it offensive. In my boss' case someone clearly did, and reported him - it even made the local daily papers - and it cost him his job and a very comfortable way of life

go deo na hÉireann
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Lisser wrote:

D@VID wrote:

Exactly!!! I agree!!!

and while i agree in principle with much of the sentiments stated...my (ex) boss lost his job two years ago - for EXACTLY THAT kind of 'harmless banter' - as i said - it's racism if ANYONE (regardless of race) finds it offensive. In my boss' case someone clearly did, and reported him - it even made the local daily papers - and it cost him his job and a very comfortable way of life

You are right Bren, you can't say that sort of thing in the work environment. You are only safe in making jokes around your friends and such. You never know who your comments can offend so it's best to keep them to yourself unless you are completely sure you won't offend someone and lose your job or a friend over what you say. It would be good if more people would lighten up though.

Dudley, weren't you the one that used to flood QFC chat? Paid a bod yn twlldin and........Rwyt ti'n pen pidyn

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your the dickhead mate.

How can someone be racist towards their own people? LOL. If a black gut disses his fellow niggers, is that racist?

brENsKi

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

please don't call me a 'dickhead' - the definition of a racist incident is: any comment or action that may cause racial offence to any individual regardless of whether they belong to the targetted racial group.

i ahve spoken up, because i have witnessed and had to give evidence at the investigation that cost my boss his job - i guess WE ALL have to learn one way or another, mine was quite painful - i hope YOURS isn't so!!!

i hope the following - which i found among thousands of internet pages available will help you in future:

++++++++++++++++++++++++
WHOSE JOB IS IT?
At times, many of us who are by-standers or not members of the group being targeted by an oppression have trouble embracing the idea that it may actually be our job to speak up. We are hesitant to create a conflict or
make others uncomfortable. However, we need to remember:
1) how hostile, oppressive or frightening it might feel to be a member of the targeted group hearing these words or being affected by this action
2) that there is virtually no way to avoid making someone uncomfortable if you really are going to
identify and address and incident of racism, sexism, homophobia or oppression
3) that sometimes the only way we learn or change is by being pushed out of our comfort zones so that we stop to evaluate why we are uncomfortable or why someone we know or don't know considers our action so significant that they would take the effort to challenge it
We suggest that you find a friend and PRACTICE this a bit on each other. Invent a scenario like two friends talking and one telling a bad joke. Go through the steps and see how it feels both to interrupt and be interrupted.
Talk about it with your partner and with others. You can even ask for training for yourself or for your workplace, school, church or club. (See below for some resources.)
If we are to end an oppression we feel ourselves, we will often have to do more than just survive the inequities and prejudice we face everyday. When we are able, we will have organize and educate ourselves and our allies to make change.
Ending the oppression of others IS our job, especially when we have the privilege and resources to do so. To be a good ally, one has to both listen and take action. Think how the world would change... or even just how your own town would change if we all started challenging oppression and teaching our family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to do the same.

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you got far too much time on you hands.