Forums > Personal > Big Bottom By Spinal Tap, Anyone Heard This Sendup of Fat Bottomed Girls?

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was driving today and heard on the radio on our Washington DC classic rock station WARW 94.7...

... for the first time, ''Big Bottom'' By Spinal Tap.

What a sendup of ''Fat Bottomed Girls''. I was laughing out loud the entire song. Very clever and just insane. Loved it.

Anyone else ever heard it?



xyz
Wreckage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 759 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, and what a joyous thing it is too. Not sure that it was intended as a direct send up of FBG though, despite having the same subject matter. The rhythm is based on Cream's 'Sunshine of your Love' IMO.

Soundgarden did a non-ironic cover version of this song, you know.


If you can't beat them with brains, beat them with bullshit
Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 05, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have I heard this song before? Yes.

I highly recommend you WATCH This is Spinal Tap as well. Great movie.

And of some note, there's a part where two of them discuss settling down and making a stage production with their rock music ... sounds ... framiliar ...


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen..SHHHHH...to what the flower people say....

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Released in 1982, Arlene. Have you ever heard of Elvis? He's dead, by the way....

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, good tune. Now go and watch the movie - its great!


"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Victoria wrote:

Have I heard this song before? Yes.
I highly recommend you WATCH This is Spinal Tap as well. Great movie.
And of some note, there's a part where two of them discuss settling down and making a stage production with their rock music ... sounds ... framiliar ...


if you like this stuff..you should see the Comic Strip's: Bad News Tour - and - More Bad News

these preceded Spinal tap by about two years
and Rik/Ade/Nigel and Keith really do parody every bit of r n r life....the culmination being their hospitalisation after appearing at Donnington - i was there that day - and can't even remember them being on...all i can remeber is a sea of (plastic ) piss-filled bottles streaming through the air




go deo na h√Čireann
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?


Haystacks, thanks! LMFAO...Again! Yes, when I heard these lyrics blasting out of my car's stereo I was LMAO.

Oh..and to the peanut gallery above, I know all about ''This Is Spinal Tap'', and have seen clips, with the cast including Michael McKean and Harry Shearer as well as Director Rob Reiner, but never got around to seeing the film as I actually didn't think I would like it. I just was always under the impression it was more of a teen guy flick which I knew parodied metal.

After hearing this song, (reason enough it's so on spot), I may need to rethink my attitude and check the film out.


xyz
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely "I've never seen it" contradicts the statement "I know all about it"?

And if I'm a peanut, what does that make you? A grain of salt?

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?


After hearing this song, (reason enough it's so on spot), I may need to rethink my attitude and check the film out.


Just do it. You won't be sorry!

dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?


Haystacks, thanks! LMFAO...Again! Yes, when I heard these lyrics blasting out of my car's stereo I was LMAO.

Oh..and to the peanut gallery above, I know all about ''This Is Spinal Tap'', and have seen clips, with the cast including Michael McKean and Harry Shearer as well as Director Rob Reiner, but never got around to seeing the film as I actually didn't think I would like it. I just was always under the impression it was more of a teen guy flick which I knew parodied metal.

After hearing this song, (reason enough it's so on spot), I may need to rethink my attitude and check the film out.





you must see the film.

it is hilarious. it is probably even funnier if you play in a band.

they were great on the freddie tribute too




we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Wimbeldon.


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This piece is called Lick My Love Pump...

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A classic mockumentary. Stonehenge still cracks me up. I never thought Big Bottom was a FBG send up but I think I'd like to see a band perform them back to back :)