Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > God Save The Queen Bootleg

forum rss feed
Author

Fone Bone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, need some info here please !

I have this 12-track boot from the Magic Tour. I assume all tracks come from Budapest 86, but I want to be sure.

Same for Crowning Glory : is it Mannheim or Wembley ? If it's mannheim, does it feature the "I feel fine" snippet ?

Thanks !

PS : And I thought my homemade bootleg covers were an embarassment ! Now that I've seen the pack shot of Return Of The Champions, I think I could earn a living with them ;^)

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks man

On which song does Brian fool around w. I feel fine ?

as for GSTQ, it is listed on mr scully's site, but apparently he never heard it so he wouldn't know the source.

did you enjoy U2's bad btw :-) ?

Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Try this link of Queenconcerts.com

http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php?section=collecting&action=bootlegs&zpusob=titles&file=gstq.txt

I also have this bootleg. I think it's Wembley and Mannheim. Scully got this info from me.

Harry_queenrecordings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Harry_queenrecordings
Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The ''God save the queen '' bootleg features only half of the show from Budapest 1986. Really not worth having as there are plenty of other bootlegs available featuring the complete soundtrack of the official video of Budapest.

It's A Beautiful Day...

http://www.queenrecordings.com
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

i thought the compilation of wmebley and manhiem was "Done Under Pressure" and Crowning Glory was JUST Manhiem (complete), its what it is on Queenhouse.de i think, anyways, GSTQ? :S still confused over that one!

and yes i really enjoyed bad, thank you!

Yea, Done Under Pressure is just Mannheim. The Improptu bit features a 5 second 'I Feel Fine' riff. It's a good concert though.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

i thought the compilation of wmebley and manhiem was "Done Under Pressure" and Crowning Glory was JUST Manhiem (complete), its what it is on Queenhouse.de i think, anyways, GSTQ? :S still confused over that one!

and yes i really enjoyed bad, thank you!

the problem with the bootleg titles is they get used over-and-over-and-over again
mainly because the bootleggers are too lazy to think of new titles

I have two different bootlegs which bear the title 'crowning glory' - and NONE of them are from the 86 tour
1. is MK 82
2. tokyo 1/5/75

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Harry_queenbootlegs wrote:

The ''God save the queen '' bootleg features only half of the show from Budapest 1986. Really not worth having as there are plenty of other bootlegs available featuring the complete soundtrack of the official video of Budapest.

That's what I thought, thanks !

I wasn't 100% sure because i haven't been watching my Budapest VHS for long, long years...I should transfer it to wave one day, but I'm afraid I don't have the appropriate equipment.