Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Life's a bitch, ain't it? :-S

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VERY upset to hear this. Such a young woman. Shame.

She was so supportive and inspiring to Christopher through his ordeal and gave him hope until the end. Hope she has family to be as supportive for her. She has my prayers and best wishes.

xyz
Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

But on another note: look at the picture, Christopher looks like a bloody plastic mannequin!

Very mature to laugh at a man who couldn't even do by himself 99% of the things you do.

I agree with everything Arlene said. I sincerely hope she gets better.

"You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."  -Charlie Chaplin

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not bad enough the poor woman spent a decade as caretaker to her husband, slowly watching him fade away before her eyes,..

..and now she herself has been handed this terrible news...

Read her part of her offocial press statement...

..Dana is coming forward to the press today, because of and to beat ahead of time...a tabloid..exploiting her time of fear and crisis.

''The following is a copy of her statement''

''Based on the imminent release of a tabloid article regarding my personal health, my family and I have decided to release our own statement.''

xyz
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just wondering if she and Christopher were such sole mates that they are destined to be together in this world and the next almost at the same times. I hate to see their young son lose both of his parents but things work in such mysterious ways. My grandparents had been sweethearts since the age of 12. The morning my grandpa died, my grandma went in to a diabetic coma that night and never recovered. She died 9 months later.

I hope she recovers and is able to live a full and happy life. It wouldn't be right for her life to end like this.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The curse of Superman strikes again.

"your shit and you know you are".
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Life's a bitch, ain't it? :-S

Think that says it all, i wish her all the best of luck in coming through it

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you see this quote from the 2nd article?

''Reeve, who does not smoke, is among the 60 percent of new lung cancer patients who have never smoked or have quit.''

And she's only 44...that is scary. 60 percent of people get the #1 type of cancer that kills and they DON't smoke....oh no.

xyz
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that is so sad to hear i hope she beats it!!! i know ive said it before but thats what i lost my mother to lung cancer(small-cell) just over 4months ago and i saw her suffer in terrible pain so i know what her family is going thru, lisser thats is such a sad story with regards to ya grand parents i agree with ya it does sound like they were destined to be together:(

oo la la

flash00.

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my fav is the pic with him walking away from the chair as superman. i watched that documentary about him i think it was on last year all i can say is what a man!! he was so determined to walk again,

oo la la
DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She probably caught it from passive smoking.,People who smoke are SCUM. i hate having to breath in other peoples smoke in pubs. they are a bunch of ignorant bastards.

"your shit and you know you are".
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

i know ive said it before but thats what i lost my mother to lung cancer(small-cell) just over 4months ago and i saw her suffer in terrible pain so i know what her family is going thru,

I'm afraid I am all too familiar with small cell cancer, as well. My father had mesothelioma.. It was so ironic to me that he got cancer from asbestos instead of smoking. He was heavy smoker from the age of 14. Lung cancer has to be one of the most horrible ways to go..

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 05, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it was from all the Kryptonite she was exposed to actually.

According to Larry King tonight, "Dana CARVEY announced that SHE has lung cancer". I've never laughed so hard... of course, he quickly corrected himself.

flash00.

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

flash00. wrote:

i know ive said it before but thats what i lost my mother to lung cancer(small-cell) just over 4months ago and i saw her suffer in terrible pain so i know what her family is going thru,

I'm afraid I am all too familiar with small cell cancer, as well. My father had mesothelioma.. It was so ironic to me that he got cancer from asbestos instead of smoking. He was heavy smoker from the age of 14. Lung cancer has to be one of the most horrible ways to go..

erin im sorry to hear that:( i can relate with ya tho. small-cell is the worst, also we are seeing a lot of cases now of asbestos related lung cancer. erin if you dont mind me asking did your dad battle a long time with it?

oo la la
Erin

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

erin im sorry to hear that:( i can relate with ya tho. small-cell is the worst, also we are seeing a lot of cases now of asbestos related lung cancer. erin if you dont mind me asking did your dad battle a long time with it?

December of 2003 we found out he had lung cancer..they just didn't know what kind yet. At that point, we were told 3 years. Once they found out it was mesothelioma, 3 years turned into 18 months. He started to take a sharp decline in Nov/Dec of last year and passed away February 2nd. So, really it was about 13 months once he received the diagnosis. I won't go into it on here, but the last couple of weeks were just terrible. How long did your mother's battle last?

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My mom and dad who are deceased both smoked SIX packs a day. My grandmother who is deceased smoked SIX packs a day.

My dad died when I was 7 of heart disease, diabetes, etc.

My Mom had many types of cancer before she died.

My grandmother died of colon cancer when I was only 18.

My aunt was a chainsmoker but quit in her 30's after she got cervical cancer but was still trying to have a baby with my uncle.

I have NEVER smoked, and never wanted to, BUT I lived with my mom til my early 30's and have been exposed non stop to 2nd hand smoke my entire life, so I am scared to death of getting cancer and I am sure I am a prime candidate.

xyz
Erin

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

and have been exposed non stop to 2nd hand smoke my entire life, so I am scared to death of getting cancer

me too..

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

and have been exposed non stop to 2nd hand smoke my entire life, so I am scared to death of getting cancer

me too..

And I probably sound like Brian....but...music is my great love..yet all the music concerts, venues I go to have people smoking NON-stop and all my musician friends smoke non stop.

When I was younger, smoke actually didn't bother me at all.

Now I get deathly ill, with rashes all over my face and body, I cough horrible, and even get stomach pains when I breathe in too much for too long.

xyz