Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie Mercury and Paul Rodgers picture together

forum rss feed
Author

King_of_Queens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi

Is there any picture that exists that was taken in the 70's or 80's with Freddie and Paul Rodgers coincidentally together?

If so, can somebody post it...

Thanks

"I don't have no time for no monkey business..."
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unless there was a photographer witnessing the fact taht Queen and Paul Rodgers passed each other on the stairs to Peter Grant's office in 1975- there's no picture... According to Paul that's the only time they ever met...

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 05, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

King_of_Queens wrote:

Hi

Is there any picture that exists that was taken in the 70's or 80's with Freddie and Paul Rodgers coincidentally together?

If so, can somebody post it...

Thanks

No picture available, Freddie was not a big Paul Rodgers fan, bit like me really.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Ayreon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fraddie was indeed a big Paul Rodgers fan, check out the 2005 tour interviews from Bri and Rog.

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't listen to BPP- he's talking shit most of the time...

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't we discuss this earlier? :/

Was anybody actually able to provide a quote where Freddie mentioned Paul/Free/Bad Co, or are the only references by Brian in those QPR tour marketing interviews?

The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt such a thing even exists, but just maybe there might be a pic of Brian and Paul together from the time Smile and Free played a bill together?

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's no any Freddie's quotes about Paul I'm afraid..... And I'm afraid that Freddie has never been Paul's fan..... And I was very sad when I heard how Brian said it. And I'm afraid again that I agree with BPP on this point.

Ayreon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no reason to assume Brian would lie about this.

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ayreon wrote:

I have no reason to assume Brian would lie about this.

Money?

It's good publicity to claim that Freddie liked the new singer. It's bad publicity to admit that he didn't even want to listen to Paul when he was alive. :P

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Freddie was indeed a Paul Rodgers fan, but he was not into that kind of music anymore by 1983. But if you listen to the IBEX tape, you will find references to Paul.

Nuno user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 285 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure Brian and Roger knew if Freddie liked Paul Rodgers/Free etc,etc

Not us

and does it really matter anyway

back off with your Megaton

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nuno wrote:

I'm sure Brian and Roger knew if Freddie liked Paul Rodgers/Free etc,etc

Not us

and does it really matter anyway

I guess it matters to people who are trying to justify for themselves why Paul has replaced Freddie... I can live with THAT, but I would be offended by Brian rewriting the history.

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can live with THAT, but I would be offended by Brian rewriting the history.
The thing is- you don't know thje history. Same way I don't know. The fact that Freddie never mentioned it in the early years doesn't prove it's not true. Neither I (who is very happy with this collaboration) nor BPP (or anyone who doesn't like it) know anything really. It's all speculation and using this as an argument one way or another is at least pretentious. You don't know what Freddie liked back in 1972. And I don't know. It could have been Paul Rodgers, it could have been Frank Sinatra. It could have been anyone. I know one thing- Freddie liked people who really could sing- Aretha Franklin, Montserrat, Edith Piaff... Paul Rodgers IS "The Voice"... One more thing- Fred was sucha huge fan of Aretha and just recently there was a huge concert with all those blues and soul singers (Aretha included)- the only white singer there was Paul Rodgers, as probably the only one who can sing this way... Of course it doesn't prove anything, exactly the same as the fact that there's no quote with freddie saying "I love Paul". He didn't do that many interviews in 1972, did he?

Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great post Fenderek!
Ibex/Wreckage were semi-amateur bluesrock bands
And they were obviously Free influenced. Don't forget that Free was as big as Zeppelin or Who at that time (late 60's - early 70's). So it's also obvious that Paul had important role in forming Freddie’s early style...
But I don't think that Freddie was Paul's fan in a way of most people here are fans of Queen. If you understand what I mean. :D

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

There's no any Freddie's quotes about Paul I'm afraid..... And I'm afraid that Freddie has never been Paul's fan..... And I was very sad when I heard how Brian said it. And I'm afraid again that I agree with BPP on this point.

Jesus. You people are idiots. Did you know Freddie? No. None of us did. Brian May, now he did know Freddie. If he says Freddie was a fan of Rodgers, then Freddie was a fan of Rodgers. Because YOUR not, doesn't mean Freddie wasn't. And because you can't find a quote doesn't mean it wasn't said does it? Do you think everything Freddie ever said was written down?

You people are weirdo's. You can't handle change. How are you gonna get through life if you can't handle change? Obsession isn't good. If all you do is think and talk about Freddie all day you need to get out of the house. As good as Freddie was, he wasn't that good. No one is THAT good.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul rodgers does not belong in any picture
with Freddie. He is not in the same league as Freddie.

Freddie lives on in the hearts of Queen fans
everywhere. And we miss him......

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Blackadder wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Jesus. You people are idiots. Did you know Freddie? No. None of us did. Brian May, now he did know Freddie. If he says Freddie was a fan of Rodgers, then Freddie was a fan of Rodgers. Because YOUR not, doesn't mean Freddie wasn't. And because you can't find a quote doesn't mean it wasn't said does it? Do you think everything Freddie ever said was written down?

You people are weirdo's. You can't handle change. How are you gonna get through life if you can't handle change? Obsession isn't good. If all you do is think and talk about Freddie all day you need to get out of the house. As good as Freddie was, he wasn't that good. No one is THAT good.

I'm not gonna reply to you and explain what I think and why I think in the such way. Please don't worry about my 'idiotic' life, Mr Know-All.

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

It's all speculation and using this as an argument one way or another is at least pretentious.

That's certainly true... It would be nice to know for certain, but Brian doesn't really make it easy for us.

To ME it sounds pretentious when Brian throws in a previously unknown fact just in time to promote the upcoming tour. It doesn't really help that I've been let down by recent Queen projects, and I've been pointing my finger to the person in charge... :P

Despite all that, I'll be more than happy to hear something to confirm his words, or anything else to restore my faith in QP!

Q-Nick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 356 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 05, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

Paul rodgers does not belong in any picture
with Freddie. He is not in the same league as Freddie.

Freddie lives on in the hearts of Queen fans
everywhere. And we miss him......

Not all this again.......

www.freewebs.com/queentour2005

http://www.freewebs.com/queentour2005/car.htm

Queen + Paul Rodgers :: 2005 Tour Artwork and Bootleg Listing Sites