Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > why does every one hate paul rodgers

forum rss feed
Author

queen44 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why does everyone hate paul rodgers i mean who would you want queen to sing for them seen as you criticise everyone who sings a queen song like robbie williams and now people r getting really childish that album covers fine if it was freddie you would say its great

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 05, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Firstly, you've posted this in the wrong forum. But I shall just assume that you are new here and ignore that fact.

Secondly, "everyone" here doesnt hate Paul Rodgers - some of us like him singing and some others dont. Another subject that was discussed here some time ago and lead to some petty arguments.

Thirdly, I also assume that you are talking of the Return Of The Champions cover. Yes it is shite and I personally would have said so even if Freddie was alive and picked it.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not a discussion for the "sharing the music" section I guess.

I like Paul Rodgers.

He is a brave man and a magnificant singer and musician.

Okay.....it is not Freddie, but Paul and the other guys have created a new Queen in my opinion.

DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 05, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been a Paul fan for years and was thrilled to hear he was going to sing with my fave band. Saw four shows on the tour, which were stunning. I had seen Queen four times but had never seen Paul so it was a special treat for me. I wish people would accept it for what it is, a singerless band who craved playing live, who just happen to have picked one of the all time greats to do it with. I for one hope they come back this way (Ireland) again.

Mercury Poisoning user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 05, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you all! I do not hate Paul Rodgers. He's a brilliant singer! But please .... come on .... don't use the name Queen anymore! Simply because it isn't Queen anymore! Make albums as much as you can, give concerts as much as you like but ....... not use the name Queen!

Queen was; Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor & John Deacon!

"Don't be a fool You haven't reached your peak"

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon doesn't count. As good a bass player as he was, he's a bedwetter. Retire? Hah! My real admiration goes out to rock and roll stars who are up on stage until they drop dead - I've been let down every time because not one of my heroes has continued playing on stage until they need a cane or a walking frame or something. The day I see someone do that, I will be a happy man.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No-one hates him. Just some guys can't accept the idea of using him in Queen music.

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

John Deacon doesn't count. As good a bass player as he was, he's a bedwetter. Retire? Hah! My real admiration goes out to rock and roll stars who are up on stage until they drop dead - I've been let down every time because not one of my heroes has continued playing on stage until they need a cane or a walking frame or something. The day I see someone do that, I will be a happy man.

JOHN DOES COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't noticed, Queen hit the big time only when they had John on bass, not the other nobodys before him.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepoot wrote:

Not a discussion for the "sharing the music" section I guess.

I like Paul Rodgers.

He is a brave man and a magnificant singer and musician.

Okay.....it is not Freddie, but Paul and the other guys have created a new Queen in my opinion.

I fully agree with you

pka50f2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I think Paul Rodgers keeps singing in his own style without trying to imitate Freddie. He sings rather pretty good to my opinion. His style is just different from Freddie's.
Some says they shouldn't use Queen name but many bands changing musicians does that every time. For example, Deep Purple who has changed three times of singer... I don't know if it's good or bad, should they change the band's name as soon as they change one musician (drummer, guitarist or else) ?

don't_stop_me_now 9697 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 147 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not everyone here hate Paul Rodgers. It's just the fact the people who hate him are more noticable here. I don´t start a thread to talk about how good Pual Rodgers is.

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kiwi_queen_bean wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

JOHN DOES COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't noticed, Queen hit the big time only when they had John on bass, not the other nobodys before him.

This was Sarcasm

<blank>
bigdaddyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you gotta look at it for what it is....it's not Queen...It's Queen + Paul Rodgers big difference
so I don't look at it as Queen replacing Freddie at all.
Without John I feel the Queen name is odd to use but like Kiss Gene and Paul still use the name without Peter and Ace.

Either way it's cool to see the band out there even if for only one more tour

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I certainly dont hate Paul.
But PLEASE dont' call yourself Queen.
No Freddie, No john, No Queen.It's that simple
guys.

dansto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well i don't hate him, but his sings like he's at a karaoke show.

Dan
dixie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think he sang them pretty well

NO MORTAL MAN CAN WIN THIS DAY
fjac1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fjac1980
Bohemian: 283 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the shows with Paul Rodgers playing Queen Songs, I like the idea of Brian, Roger and paul making new records. BUT "Queen is Jhon Deacon, Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor and Brian May. The rest is, of course, other history".

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All people that post here are great queen-fans and they are of course really big freddie-fans.They don't want the world to forget about him,because he's the best.Most of us agree upon this point.I think some fear that the world might forget freddie though and that some people will say:paul rodgers is better.It's that fear that makes them say bad things about paul altough he IS a great singer and performer and he does justice do the queen-songs in his own way.Not many people can pull that off I think.I really have a huge amount of respect for aswell roger and brian as paul because they just give the fans what they want and they show a lot of admiration for freddie and always say that it is a whole lot different now.They just make great music for great people like us:-)And i always feel freddie is there!!!

on my way up
donovana34 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 05, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Paul Rogers does a fantastic job on the songs. Now I'll say up front when I first heard that Paul Rogers was gonna be singing, I just put my head down, and wwent oh dear, oh no. I downloaded a show from the new tour, played the hell out of it, and slowly my mind began to change. The one fact I am having a hard time getting past, is Paul's bluse ffeel that he aadds to the music. Brian and Roger say they love it, but iI wish it were just straight ahead rock vocals.

What I worry about, and you American queen fans might want to start thinking about this, is how the new line up is going to be perceived in Noarth America. I hate to say it, but I suspect overall they won't be received well, and when that happens, I don't think you'll see them over here again. Any thoughts anyone?

Cool_Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 05, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

John Deacon doesn't count. As good a bass player as he was, he's a bedwetter. Retire? Hah! My real admiration goes out to rock and roll stars who are up on stage until they drop dead

First of all, John Deacon does count as a member of Queen. He was there for the whole thing. I suppose you have admiration for the Rolling Stones? Ok, maybe admiration is warranted, if you admire the desire to make a lot of money pumping out the same garbage for 40 years. No offense to the Stones fans out there, it's just my opinion that I share with most everyone that I know.

Secondly, I agree that they shouldn't be Queen. It's like when Jerry Garcia died. The band goes on, but they are called The Dead. It's not The Grateful Dead anymore. With that said, I havn't heard any of Paul Rogers yet. I intend to find something to download. As I was watching the tribute, it was really touching to hear all these artists play with the band in honor of Freddie, but one artist stood out. I felt this guy would be a suitable replacement if that's the way they were heading. That guy was George Michaels.

Michael