Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Best Article I've Read In Years

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050817/COLUMNISTS19/508170332/1004


Enjoy!!


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GROW UP!!!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its not passable for BPP to grow up he's just a complete wanker who lives in the pasted and cant expect that Freddie is dead but life go’s on just like the show

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every word in that article is TRUE and you fuckin well know it. You grow up and smell the coffee. SAD.......people think they are seeing Queen. LOL!!!


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wanker LOL!!!!!!

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes BPP is wanker

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh forgot to say wanker

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN and PAUL ROGERS ROCK

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brilliant article! I agree 100%.


Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus Christ people get a grip its only a band !!!!!

Freddie is gone and missed but Brain and Roger are still Queen no matter what

Queen was the first band i liked there still are my favourite band today i never got to see the REAL Queen play live and now thanks to Brain and Roger and a very brave Paul Roger people who missed out on seen Queen can now see the next best thing Queen and Paul Rogers


PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050817/COLUMNISTS19/508170332/1004


Enjoy!!



Blah blah blah blah blah back in my day... Blah blah Freddie blah blah blah Rodgers sucks blah blah young whipper snapper blah blah blah...

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Every word in that article is TRUE and you fuckin well know it. You grow up and smell the coffee. SAD.......people think they are seeing Queen. LOL!!!


BPP, I thought that the article, and the fans that the writer interviewed, regardless of whether their opinions are of the Queen+Paul Rodgers Tour...that they all DID articulate very well, what not only you...but alot of people on QZ have said.

And some of the fans interviewed in this article DID say that they are HAPPY to be going to the New Jersey USA concert, but...because

1) Freddie died before they ever, and thus have never had a chance to see Queen tour

2) That they are going mostly for the experience of at least once seeing half of Queen being Brian and Roger...and out of respect for Queen.

I think they said what you have been saying pretty much..just in articulated a bit better (and I do repsect your opinion as you are entitled to it).

The comparsions between that of ACDC...as to Jim Morrison and The Doors was a spot on one (and I don't even like The Doors but I agree).

Even I have said, if I go to the tour, ...

1) It's because I have NEVER seen Queen live on tour and they stopped touring the USA by the time I was old enough to see them, and then Freddie passed away.

2) I do adore Roger and Brian

3) Half of Queen is I guess what I have to take as opposed to nothing at all and I want to experience the only thing close to what Queen once was...BUT...it's not (to me and only my opinion), the same without John..and of COURSE, without Freddie. It's just not. I'm not downing it. I WANT to go to this tour. I just am realistic about this particular experience as opposed to the Freddie fronted Queen.

4) Geez, even Brian..in the LAW DVD interview says that yes..all of Queen's members were a great live experience, but that FREDDIE...was the ''vehicle, the great connection to the audience, especially on a stadium level.''

I think it's a great article that articulates many fans feelings in a realistic and positive way. Still wanting to see the tour, but for what it is and nothing more. As one last chance to see Brian, Roger and...yes Paul...kick ass to try to give people a part what was Queen....but...it's not as the article says what Queen was...without Freddie.


xyz
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

englishyob wrote:

Jesus Christ people get a grip its only a band !!!!!

Freddie is gone and missed but Brain and Roger are still Queen no matter what

Queen was the first band i liked there still are my favourite band today i never got to see the REAL Queen play live and now thanks to Brain and Roger and a very brave Paul Roger people who missed out on seen Queen can now see the next best thing Queen and Paul Rogers


Fuck off arsehole. Fuck the present it's the PAST that counts in this case. Double wanker!!!


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

englishyob wrote:

QUEEN and PAUL ROGERS ROCK


On your own on that one. Fuckface. Triple wanker!!


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Every word in that article is TRUE and you fuckin well know it. You grow up and smell the coffee. SAD.......people think they are seeing Queen. LOL!!!


BPP, I thought that the article, and the fans that the writer interviewed, regardless of whether their opinions are of the Queen+Paul Rodgers Tour...that they all DID articulate very well, what not only you...but alot of people on QZ have said.

And some of the fans interviewed in this article DID say that they are HAPPY to be going to the New Jersey USA concert, but...because

1) Freddie died before they ever, and thus have never had a chance to see Queen tour

2) That they are going mostly for the experience of at least once seeing half of Queen being Brian and Roger...and out of respect for Queen.

I think they said what you have been saying pretty much..just in articulated a bit better (and I do repsect your opinion as you are entitled to it).

The comparsions between that of ACDC...as to Jim Morrison and The Doors was a spot on one (and I don't even like The Doors but I agree).

Even I have said, if I go to the tour, ...

1) It's because I have NEVER seen Queen live on tour and they stopped touring the USA by the time I was old enough to see them, and then Freddie passed away.

2) I do adore Roger and Brian

3) Half of Queen is I guess what I have to take as opposed to nothing at all and I want to experience the only thing close to what Queen once was...BUT...it's not (to me and only my opinion), the same without John..and of COURSE, without Freddie. It's just not. I'm not downing it. I WANT to go to this tour. I just am realistic about this particular experience as opposed to the Freddie fronted Queen.

4) Geez, even Brian..in the LAW DVD interview says that yes..all of Queen's members were a great live experience, but that FREDDIE...was the ''vehicle, the great connection to the audience, especially on a stadium level.''

I think it's a great article that articulates many fans feelings in a realistic and positive way. Still wanting to see the tour, but for what it is and nothing more. As one last chance to see Brian, Roger and...yes Paul...kick ass to try to give people a part what was Queen....but...it's not as the article says what Queen was...without Freddie.


Nobody wants Brian and Roger to stop touring but I do agree with the article when it says using the Queen name cheapens the memory of it's two missing members. I again tried to watch the version of WATC live from Sheffield (free via Queenonline). I had to stop it half way through it's just not right. Although Brian, Roger and John are excellent musicians, Freddie WAS Queen and anything done without him should not be considered as Queen END OF STORY.


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

englishyob wrote:

QUEEN and PAUL ROGERS ROCK


On your own on that one. Fuckface. Triple wanker!!


I dont think so it only you and a few other on here that keep going on and on and on and on etc more people one here support the amazing new Queen and Paul Roger tour but in you sad little friendless world you think everyone is on your side

and if Queen WAS JUST Freddie why didn’t Mr Bad Guy chart higher then it did was released answer that one then



Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right On BPP!!!!

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

englishyob wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

englishyob wrote:

QUEEN and PAUL ROGERS ROCK


On your own on that one. Fuckface. Triple wanker!!


I dont think so it only you and a few other on here that keep going on and on and on and on etc more people one here support the amazing new Queen and Paul Roger tour but in you sad little friendless world you think everyone is on your side

You need your fuckin ears syringed mate.




Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Q+PR will be a great rock concert.
Is is Queen ?NO!
Queen was Freddie,John,Bri and Roger.
No one else. Sorry .
No Freddie + no John = No Queen.

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 05, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nothing wrong with my hearing what i heard was a new sound, the music of Queen played from a diffirent prospective