Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Anti Paul Rodgers threads

forum rss feed
Author

james gaden 2072 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems to me that with the imminent release of the "Return Of The Champions" CD, the continuing success of the tour, and the fact pretty much everybody who has heard Paul interpret the Queen songs has thought he has done a good job, the small contingent of emotionally crippled retards on this site (we all know who they are) are terrified that this album will do well. Of course it will, just like the music of Queen will never die.

Freddie died, Queen did not. Perhaps the "critics" of Paul Rodgers have decided that the 125 million records Paul graced sold worldwide are not a good indicator of his calibre. Perhaps the fact the Bad Company were bigger Stateside than Queen ever were (only Led Zeppelin were bigger in the mid 70's) isn't a good enough reason to let Paul do his thing. Perhaps it's just a case of some sad, lonely people posting in order to make real music fans bite and get some much needed attention.

This is a site about Queen NOW as well as the past. If you are adament Queen died in 1991, fuck off and listen to nothing past "Innuendo". And leave the fans who want to support Brian and Roger (the remaining members of Queen) and their legendary vocalist on their current endeavour. I saw it, and the magic was still there.

JG

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well put James Gaden i agree 100%

lovequeen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 269 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 05, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly!

This was/is a unique opportunity for us younger fans (too young/not born yet to see Queen in the 70's and 80's) to see Queen live as it is today. Freddie will never come back, so why shouldn't we be given the chance to see at least Roger and Brian touring together again. I'm happy they found someone with whom they want to tour, and I think Paul was excellent.

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 05, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

James Gaden wrote:

It seems to me that with the imminent release of the "Return Of The Champions" CD, the continuing success of the tour, and the fact pretty much everybody who has heard Paul interpret the Queen songs has thought he has done a good job, the small contingent of emotionally crippled retards on this site (we all know who they are) are terrified that this album will do well. Of course it will, just like the music of Queen will never die.

Freddie died, Queen did not. Perhaps the "critics" of Paul Rodgers have decided that the 125 million records Paul graced sold worldwide are not a good indicator of his calibre. Perhaps the fact the Bad Company were bigger Stateside than Queen ever were (only Led Zeppelin were bigger in the mid 70's) isn't a good enough reason to let Paul do his thing. Perhaps it's just a case of some sad, lonely people posting in order to make real music fans bite and get some much needed attention.

This is a site about Queen NOW as well as the past. If you are adament Queen died in 1991, fuck off and listen to nothing past "Innuendo". And leave the fans who want to support Brian and Roger (the remaining members of Queen) and their legendary vocalist on their current endeavour. I saw it, and the magic was still there.

JG


Finally someone spoke up, thankyou.


"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 05, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryan Poodle Penis is the only one

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Almost... there's still Sweden and Sharon G.

The stepford trio!



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL :)


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WELL SAID clap clap

i agree to James and yes i saw the show too


we all love queen and gonna stay that way :)


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YES QUEEN+PR ROCK AND FREDDIE WANTED THEM TO GO ON LIKE IT SAYS "SHOW MUST GO ON"
AND IT IS!


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cant you people see thats what freddie wanted for them to carry on without him. POODLE CANT YOU SEE?


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tell you what i reckon poodle took part in X FACTOR and tried to sing like freddie but failed got booted out then he saw PR doing it so he became jealous hahahaha


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

YES QUEEN+PR ROCK AND FREDDIE WANTED THEM TO GO ON LIKE IT SAYS "SHOW MUST GO ON"
AND IT IS!


God! some people don't listen do they ? TSMGO is about how Freddie carried on/motivated himself to record whilst in great pain with AIDS. To put it in simple words for you SELF MOTIVATION.

TSMGO is not about whether Freddie thought Queen should continue as a band. Even after his death Brian, Roger and John said Queen could not continue without Freddie.

Please get your facts right before commenting next time.

BLOODY KIDS TODAY KNOW FUCK ALL


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have just swore on here and said nasty word about kids if u was adult enough then there is no need to swear is there ? just chill and they are saying their bit just like you are


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
gihona user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm new here and i wasn't gonna meddle, but having read all the posts i had to say sometihg: i think the problem lays in the fact that people think PR is here to replace Freddie. well that's utter bullshit - as PR himself stated in an interview for Mojo few months ago - no one can replace Fred, he was too big, too good, too important to the band. Queen will never ever be complete without him. that's why the new tour is entitled Queen *and* PR...
no reason to get so fuckin' exicted.

i'm Noa by the way, long time Queen fun from Israel. love this site.
cheers.


Thank you my darlings, you lot of tarts.
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no we are not saying he is replacing freddie we are sayin this is QUEEN + PR okay



THE SHOW MUST GO ON
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEENROCKS_1991 wrote:

You have just swore on here and said nasty word about kids if u was adult enough then there is no need to swear is there ? just chill and they are saying their bit just like you are


You annoy me though with this crap about Freddie wanted Queen to continue. TSMGO is not about that.


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEENROCKS_1991 wrote:

no we are not saying he is replacing freddie we are sayin this is QUEEN + PR okay


IT SHOULDN@T EVEN BE QUEEN + PR. THE WHOLE THING STINKS.


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blasting out of the window RADIO GA GA lol


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie does want this to go on why else this song went to queen THE SHOW MUST GO ON unless it gonna remake THE SHOW MUST END lol hey i am cool and no need to get huff n puff lol


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was a showman he wanted people to hear Queen music he wanted to entertain people either alive or dead no matter what BPP says Freddie would of wanted it to happen