Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Ok was Freddie really gay? Then why did he have like 3 girlfriends?

forum rss feed
Author

big_fan_of_them user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that bisexual is the right word to describe him. He did live with other women, right?

Sirk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 132 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.......wasn't he straight then gay.... and bi in the middle.....wtf im confused.

Kate xx

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats exactly what im talking about, he kept it a mystery. But people say that hes gay.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two as far as I know.

Mary was before he completely discovered his sexuality

Barbara was an interpreter for his boyfriend Winnie also ... But she had a relationship with Freddie too.

Does one or two women make Freddie bisexual?

Not really

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think theres a 3rd one. ill look it up later. hell yeah it makes him bi, because he had relationships with them, but then, he dated the same amount of guys..so its both right?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

winning your school cross-country race doesn't make you World Middle-Distant Champion does it?

things, and times change people

go deo na h√Čireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

big_fan_of_them wrote:

but then, he dated the same amount of guys..so its both right?

no. he went through a phase (early 80s) where he shagged practically every bloke who offered themselves...there's one occasion where he bragged about shagging loads of different blokes in one night

go deo na h√Čireann
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He easily had 100's of guys. If he "experimented" with a few women ... that does not make him bisexual.

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe his left pinky fingernail was bisexual.

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

but wait, he left his millions and his mansion to the woman he loved. which is Mary, wouldnt he leave all his stuff to his friend/bf Jim? thats what confuses me.

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why didnt he ever say that he was when asked: are you gay, he replied: im gay as a daffodill dear. what the hell does that mean?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever he thought it meant, I'm sure you could twist it/refuse to believe it/ignore it.

gem27 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie wasnt bisexual anyway Elton John was once married so that means nothing if he had girlfriends or not. Mary was with Freddie the longest so thats why he left his things to her i suppose

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

I think when the being homosexual thing got less and less a taboo, Freddie felt more open and felt more and more comfortable being gay.

Maybe he had a relationship with Mary Austin so the press would think he was straight.

The start of glamour rock made it more easy to show your female side without people thinking you're homosexual

1) Your 1st statement is spot on. From both Freddie's own personal self discovery and the acceptance (or not) of society..as Brian has said about Freddie's road to sexual discovery in several interviews.

2) Jim Hutton said that during the Magic Tour, especially at the 2 Wembley 86 concerts, that though he and Fredie were already living together as lovers, Freddie DID in FACT take Mary out with him to all public functions and on the tour, as well as Ferrdie also having Barbra Valentine meet Freddie at the airport in Munich (while Freddie was living with Jim as lovers)...to keep up appearances to the press and public. JIM actually said this himself.

3) Is also spot on. Glam rock gave many gay and Bi-sexual, or even straight men who wanted to experiment, the chance to be ''loud and proud'' and dress in drag, makeup, without people thinking (or so they thought because as we are saying HERE, we knew why they did it and that they were gay or Bi)...but they thought the general public and fans would think they were straight but cool and just artsy, ecclectic, cutting edge, etc.

big_fan_of_them wrote:

but wait, he left his millions and his mansion to the woman he loved. which is Mary, wouldnt he leave all his stuff to his friend/bf Jim? thats what confuses me.

A person's sexuality or even current lover/wife/husband has nothing to do with who they love most or who they leave their money/estate to when they die. Freddie loved Mary as a lifelong, very dear friend who stood by him through thick and thin, gave up much of her life to be his ''public/pretend for the press'' girlfriend and according to her interviews in 2000, she said it ruined her genuine straight relationships with the actual father of her children, who left her. She spent her life, over 2 decades being loyal to Freddie, and so he left her his estate.

So there you go. Freddie left the person he had known and cared about and trusted, the longest amount of time, being Mary, who likewise knew, loved and stood by him for over 20 years, the bulk of his estate.

That doesn't mean he didn't love Jim any less, as well as past lovers and friends like Phoebe, or Freddie's MOM and sister, whom Freddie all left money, and quite a good chunk at that.

xyz

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks that made alot of sence Arlene R. Weiss ^_^

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sense :P

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 05, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right on Arlene.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really, honestly don't know how many times I've felt the need to address such topics. But here's one more!

People do not change their sexual orientation. A lot of folks, especially at a time or in an envirement where being queer is not okay, have straight romantic relationships in effort to be "normal." And a lot of times, under the same circumstances, a person can be in denial (I myself have been through this). Freddie had had three - maybe more - girlfriends because he probably couldn't grasp at the time that he was gay. This certainly didn't mean that his girlfriends meant nothing more to him than a publicity stunt. Mary was someone who had loved Freddie before and after fame and never judged him. Freddie had left her Garden Lodge so that his home could become one fit for a family he never had.

Again, to summarize: a person cannot consciously become homosexual. A person can try to change through those ex-gay groups that don't work at all and are a total waste of time, but a person cannot deny who they are. Freddie is gay. Always has been. He never woke up "Hmm. As much fun as girls are, I think I'd rather just be a homo. It'll make me more interesting and also make my life more difficult. But that's okay as long as I get some attention!"

Breaking it down more for the slower audience: A PERSON'S SEXUALITY CANNOT BE CHANGED AT ALL. You'd have a better chance finding a tiger who could change its stripes!

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because he was bi

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

big_fan_of_them wrote:

i think theres a 3rd one. ill look it up later. hell yeah it makes him bi, because he had relationships with them, but then, he dated the same amount of guys..so its both right?

That would be Rose Pearson. Originally she was called Rosemary but dropped the "mary" part and became just Rose Rose after hearing that Freddie was going out with Mary Austin. Apparently she didnt want to be confused with her. When she was asked about Freddie on ITV's This Morning show, she said something along the lines of he was more interested in her friends, namely Derek Jarman, and she suspected then that he was gay.

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2004/aug/23queen.htm

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."