Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Sharon .G & Bryans Permed Poodle...

forum rss feed
Author

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon. G, I love the way you talk about you 'older' fans. By that, do you mean old as in age or old as in length of time you have been a Queen fan?

I have been a Queen fan for over 21 years and I am quite young.

I respect your opinion and I appreciate your admiration for Queen, your posts clearly state this. You come across as a passionate person but I really do think you are 'Freddie' fan and not a 'Queen' fan.

How on earth can you say that Brian May and Roger Taylor are insulting Freddie and John with the Queen name, when John has given his blessing and Freddie, well, God rest his soul, cannot really have a say in the matter but I know he would be proud to see the Queen name carry on. I am sure if Freddie's own mother supports them, then I am sure Freddie would have to.

This is not Queen as it was with Freddie Mercury, common sense will tell you that but this is still Queen to an extent as it is part of the original group.

As we have seen for a long time on this forum, everybody has their own opinion but Sharon G. and BPP, you should both be happy and proud that Queen are reaching new fans and audiences. I know you are going to come back and say 'But it is not Queen' but what you have to realise, is that the new/young fans will already know about Freddie or at the very least, will discover Freddie, because of the tour and let's be fair, that is great! It is/was so nice to see so many young people in concert such as this, instead of going to Busted, Britney Spears, etc...

One more thing, BPP keeps on about nobody will replace Freddie (which is very true) but he is all up for having Robbie Williams for the tour and then he will consider going. All because Robbie gets the crowd going and he has that cockiness about him like Freddie. Well, for a start, you have not been to any of the concerts, so you are in no position to say this. The music alone and the sight of seeing Brian and Roger is enough to get the crowd going. As for Robbie having that cockiness about him like Freddie, well, all I can say, is grow up. The huge different hear, is that Freddie could afford to be like that, as he could pull it off. Robbie thinks he something he is not and thinks he is way better that he rally is. In my opinion, Robbie has decent voice, puts out some decent tunes but is nothing more than a glorified cabaret sing. Paul Rodgers is old school and has a fantastic voice! You have to remember how difficult Queen songs are to perform but Paul Rodgers voice tackles them brilliantly! Better than Freddie? Don't be stupid but it proves he has an excellent voice with the renditions he gives. Robbie Williams would never be able to do this.

Now let us finally end this silly debate, because if you do not like the tour, fair enough but you should be proud of Queen and happy that they are carrying on the legacy which involved the one and only, late, great Freddie Mercury!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
dixie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here here


NO MORTAL MAN CAN WIN THIS DAY
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good post, but... pointless...
I tried speaking in a sensible way with BPP and it was an absolute waste of time...
But yeah, I'm with ya...

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just noticed something- it's kind of annoying when you copy/paste the very same post into differet threads... Do it 5 times and that's pretty much spamming... Just to let you know- that may piss off many people here

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree Fenderek and I hae apologised. I just got carried away as he pissed me off so much. But you are right so sincere apologies, mate!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter Freestone on Queen + Paul Rodgers:

"I am 100% sure that Freddie would not have wanted everything to grind to a halt just because he wasn’t around anymore….That’s why he was happy to record as long as he could…because there was so much more that Queen could give… and now they are able to do it."

That's the final word as far as I'm concerned, barring Freddie rising from the dead to say it himself. Peter Freestone knew Freddie INFINITELY better than Sharon G., Bryans Permed Poodle and any other online moron. He thinks Freddie would have approved. The end. All the rest is desperate attention-seeking wankery. Enjoy wallowing. The rest of us have long since moved on.


Blow it out your ass.
BricePerrin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pretty much hit the nail on the head!!! I'm so glad Bryan and Roger are able to carry on the legacy. It will never be the same Queen we all know and love, but I give the guys...as the kids would say..."props" for giving it all and living it all!!! I so much hope to see them when they come to the U.S.!!!!


...living, breathing rock and roll...this never ending fight
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I am both old in age and in length of years
as a Queen fan. Seen them twice in the 70's
and 80's. So I ain't no spring chicken!

I have a problem with Bri and Roger using the Queen name simply because this Q+PR is not the Queen I knew and loved. Yes, Freddie is gone.
Sadly.

If this group was John, Bri and Roger I would have
no problem with calling themselves Q+PR.But it's not, thus the complaint.

If Freddie would approve- no one knows. Maybe he would, I certainly don't know. Yes, his mother does approve. One good point for the Q+PR debate.

As for the younger Queen fans, I think it's absolutely great that Queen music attracts young people. I could not be more happy about that.
My own kids love Queen.

As for the concert-
Will Q+PR be great? = you bet!
Will it be Queen? Nope!

How can it be Return of the Champions when
the champion himself is missing?

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With all do respect, I believe that everyone has to face the facts, whether they like it or not, it's reality and it's not going to change.


"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Localboy80 wrote:


...but I really do think you are 'Freddie' fan and not a 'Queen' fan.


I find it very interesting (and somewhat ironic) that someone isn't a Queen fan if they prefer the group to have all four members instead of just two. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that you are a Brian fan if you like the current group?

It's easy enough to see that same by looking at the posts on QZ and QOL. Brian and Roger fans are more likely to accept using the Queen name, because they aren't real Queen fans anyway!


How on earth can you say that Brian May and Roger Taylor are insulting Freddie and John with the Queen name, when John has given his blessing and Freddie, well, God rest his soul, cannot really have a say in the matter but I know he would be proud to see the Queen name carry on.


Has John really given his blessing, or doesn't he just give a damn about the band as long as he gets his share of the profits?
Because he DOES get his share whether he tours or not. Using the Queen name includes channeling the money through Queen Productions, and I see no reason why he would have given up his share. :P

As for Freddie... We don't really know what he thought.

Peter Freestone:

"I am 100% sure that Freddie would not have wanted everything to grind to a halt just because he wasn’t around anymore….That’s why he was happy to record as long as he could…because there was so much more that Queen could give…"

That could just as well mean that Freddie didn't have any faith in Queen without his singing, and that's why he wanted to record as much as he could before he died. He hated the idea of Queen without his voice!

(I've intentionally left out the final sentence from that quote, because that is definitely not Freddie's opinion. :P )

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero, I respect your opinion and I will be the first one to say, that it does not make you less of a Queen fan if you would prefer 4 members to the 2 remaining. If I had a choice of having Freddie and John there as well, then of course I would, I would be in Heaven! But 2 members (and let us remember that Brian and Roger are excellent at what they do) is a lot better than none at all! I just don't like it when people like Sharon. G and BPP slag off the tour in the way that they do, because if they were true Queen fans, then they would/could just say, 'Well, I don't fancy the tour myself but good luck to them and good on them for keeping the Queen name alive'.

As for John Deacon about giving his blessing, because of the share of the royalties, then that is a fair point and of course he would love a share of the profits but we can only speculate on this but I personally think, that being the type of person he is, he genuinely would be happy for this tour, otherwise you would have heard otherwise!

At the end of the day, there are so many things I wish was different. I wish Freddie was alive and well and that Queen (all members) were still producing the music we all loved and enjoyed. I also wish the box-sets would have been released by now. It would also be nice if Queen Productions had got the ball rolling a long time ago with new dvd's, cd's etc... The point is, it is an exciting time being a Queen fan at the moment (yes it could be a hell of a lot better, in regards to some of the reasons I just mentioned). There is this tour, where 2 of Queen's members, Brian May, great voice, stupendous guitar player and Roger Taylor, great voice, excellent drummer, are performing live with Paul Rodgers. By no means anywhere near the standard of Freddie Mercury (but who is) but he has an excellent voice and Queen songs are being heard live again, to old and new fans, all around the world, which is excellent. New dvd's and cd's are being released a lot more than they ever have been and Queen are 'in' at the moment, due to everything that is happening. Yes, as Queen fans, they are always 'in, but I just mean in the context of Queen are a band that is 'in' at the moment, it is cool to like Queen, with loads of accolades coming from Foo Fighters, The Darkness, Robbie Williams, that dire ITV show 'Queen Mania', the release of Live Aid and this tour is the icing on the cake! Let us enjoy Queen being the best band of all time!!!

Queen will never, never, never, ever, ever, ever be the same again. It is an impossibility. Freddie Mercury was... well, there are no words. His voice was astounding, he was the greatest frontman and he wrote incredible songs. Paul Rodgers is not the new Freddie Mercury and never will be, nor does he think he is Queen's new lead singer (as he has stated this in interviews), hence why this is called Queen and Paul Rodgers and not just Queen. For us fans, there could be nothing happening or going on with Queen at the moment. Why should there be? Their lead sing passed away in 1991, John Deacon has retired and Queen Productions could be doing a worst job than they are actually doing now, by not even producing any dvd's or cd's. Queen will be a band that will last forever and their name will go down as one of (the best in my opinion) the best band of all time. At this moment in time, the Phoenix is flying high and the Queen name is well and truly alive!!!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Aug 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Localboy80 wrote:

Sharon. G, I love the way you talk about you 'older' fans. By that, do you mean old as in age or old as in length of time you have been a Queen fan?

I have been a Queen fan for over 21 years and I am quite young.

I respect your opinion and I appreciate your admiration for Queen, your posts clearly state this. You come across as a passionate person but I really do think you are 'Freddie' fan and not a 'Queen' fan.

How on earth can you say that Brian May and Roger Taylor are insulting Freddie and John with the Queen name, when John has given his blessing and Freddie, well, God rest his soul, cannot really have a say in the matter but I know he would be proud to see the Queen name carry on. I am sure if Freddie's own mother supports them, then I am sure Freddie would have to.

This is not Queen as it was with Freddie Mercury, common sense will tell you that but this is still Queen to an extent as it is part of the original group.

As we have seen for a long time on this forum, everybody has their own opinion but Sharon G. and BPP, you should both be happy and proud that Queen are reaching new fans and audiences. I know you are going to come back and say 'But it is not Queen' but what you have to realise, is that the new/young fans will already know about Freddie or at the very least, will discover Freddie, because of the tour and let's be fair, that is great! It is/was so nice to see so many young people in concert such as this, instead of going to Busted, Britney Spears, etc...

One more thing, BPP keeps on about nobody will replace Freddie (which is very true) but he is all up for having Robbie Williams for the tour and then he will consider going. All because Robbie gets the crowd going and he has that cockiness about him like Freddie. Well, for a start, you have not been to any of the concerts, so you are in no position to say this. The music alone and the sight of seeing Brian and Roger is enough to get the crowd going. As for Robbie having that cockiness about him like Freddie, well, all I can say, is grow up. The huge different hear, is that Freddie could afford to be like that, as he could pull it off. Robbie thinks he something he is not and thinks he is way better that he rally is. In my opinion, Robbie has decent voice, puts out some decent tunes but is nothing more than a glorified cabaret sing. Paul Rodgers is old school and has a fantastic voice! You have to remember how difficult Queen songs are to perform but Paul Rodgers voice tackles them brilliantly! Better than Freddie? Don't be stupid but it proves he has an excellent voice with the renditions he gives. Robbie Williams would never be able to do this.

Now let us finally end this silly debate, because if you do not like the tour, fair enough but you should be proud of Queen and happy that they are carrying on the legacy which involved the one and only, late, great Freddie Mercury!


Hey man, what's your point of starting two thread to bash two persons that happen to have different opinions than yours. Get a life!

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Aug 05, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PainPleasure... If you actually read my post properly, you would understand that I am not 'bashing' these 2 people. I respect their opinions and I am all for people having a mind of their own but as I have said in other threads, if they are so against the tour, they should not slag it off in the way that they do.

By the way, how can I take anything serious from you, as I have just read that you have heard Roger Taylor sing 'These Are The Days' off the tour and you say he cannot sing?!?!? Well, all I can say is, you get a life, mate! Obviously you have not got a clue what you are talking about!

Oh and by the way, I do have a life and a very happy one thank you very much!!!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Localboy80 wrote:

PainPleasure... If you actually read my post properly, you would understand that I am not 'bashing' these 2 people. I respect their opinions and I am all for people having a mind of their own but as I have said in other threads, if they are so against the tour, they should not slag it off in the way that they do.

Localboy80 wrote:


By the way, how can I take anything serious from you, as I have just read that you have heard Roger Taylor sing 'These Are The Days' off the tour and you say he cannot sing?!?!? Well, all I can say is, you get a life, mate! Obviously you have not got a clue what you are talking about!


Sorry boy, but it's not my fault if you ears and your eyes are deceiving you. So I think, that I can't take anything serious from you.

Localboy80 wrote:


Oh and by the way, I do have a life and a very happy one thank you very much!!!


Good for you, but it seems to me that bashing other people takes a lot of your time.

PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Localboy80 wrote:

PainPleasure... If you actually read my post properly, you would understand that I am not 'bashing' these 2 people. I respect their opinions and I am all for people having a mind of their own but as I have said in other threads, if they are so against the tour, they should not slag it off in the way that they do.

Ok, so what gives you the right to start a topic about them and what makes you a better fan? If you don't have a lot of value, you should be more intelligent and ignore them

Localboy80 wrote:


By the way, how can I take anything serious from you, as I have just read that you have heard Roger Taylor sing 'These Are The Days' off the tour and you say he cannot sing?!?!? Well, all I can say is, you get a life, mate! Obviously you have not got a clue what you are talking about!


Sorry boy, but it's not my fault if you ears and your eyes are deceiving you. So I think, that I can't take anything serious from you.

Localboy80 wrote:


Oh and by the way, I do have a life and a very happy one thank you very much!!!


Good for you, but it seems to me that bashing other people takes a lot of your time.

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't type things about me, when you have not got any idea of who I am and what I am like.

I have been to 2 concerts on the tour and Roger's voice is excellent. You have heard a download. Perhaps it was a bad version or perhaps it was an off night for Roger, I don't know. I am a realistic Queen fan, if Roger could not sing, I would happily say so but if you actually witness this guy drum and sing on this tour, then you would appreciate where I am coming from. So my ears are definitely not deceiving me!

I have every right in typing what I want, mate. I would never have replied in the first place if I didn't feel so passionate about Queen. I agree with you, perhaps I should have ignored them. It is nothing to do with intelligence but you are right, in reality, it solves nothing and it has no value but it was an automatic response from me, as I feel if anybody is against the tour, then fair enough, that is completely up to them but for months Bryans Permed Poodle has been slagging off the tour and different individuals. There was/is no need for that and my replies originally was just to point out how I felt and now you are getting personal, when you don't even know me. I came on here to interact with other Queen fans and not make enemies. I am certainly not trying to have a falling out with you!

As for you saying 'bashing' people takes up a lot of my time, then obviously you have not read the majority of my posts. I am a cool, calm, collective and passive individual and I am certainly not the type of person to be spending my life by my pc typing and 'bashing' people. I work with pc's all day and I hate the things. I come on here to make friends, find out stuff about the band I love and to discuss things that are on my mind or questions I would like answered in regards to Queen.

If I have offended you, then sincere apologies but I would recommend you take a look at the history of topics Bryans Permed Poodle has posted and then you will see that I am not 'bashing' people!

Peace out friend!



"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok maybe Localboy80, but why do we always have to ostracize some members?

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not trying to ostacise any members and I think it is excellent that we can come on here and share ALL OUR OPINIONS and views. But I just wish people would do them fairly. Anyway, hope you are doing well, mate!


"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"