Forums > Personal > DVD_BURNERS

forum rss feed
Author

Shawy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 247 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is anyone else having any problems with burning DVD Images to Disc one of my friends read that drivers were playing up all over the place and had to have them replaced or repared. Im just wondering if it is true or of it us just my DVD driver , anyway its going back were i got it from but wondered if anyone else had have problems with there DVD drives?

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you meaning one of the Lightscribe dvd burners or are you meaning an image file of a DVD?

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its when i try to right anything out it comes out with some kind of power something error so was just wondering if it was happening to anyone elses burners was doing that , thnx

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes power calibration error, like i say were i got the pc from it is going back to there to be repaired but was just wondering if anyone else was having problems but it seems thanks anyway all

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Shawy_ wrote:

yes power calibration error, like i say were i got the pc from it is going back to there to be repaired but was just wondering if anyone else was having problems but it seems thanks anyway all

power calibration error before doing this try better quality discs....then if that fails

1. uninstall the device in control panel
2. power down.
3. disconnect device ide lead and power cable
4. reboot
5. shutdown
6. reconnect cables and switch on....let machine detect drive and reinstall drivers if necessary

it worked for me, a mate in the trade told me this...if you still get errors after that - then it's f*cked - get it exchanged

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 24 Aug 05, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep that is a bit technical for me i think i will let them have a look at it so i dont make a mess of it but thanks anyway