Forums > Personal > LIVE 8 set date for DVD release

forum rss feed
Author

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why bother most of the perfromances sucked with a few exceptions..not wasting my hard earned money sorry.

Kriz :o(

Long Live Queen!!!
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

well that may be what you think so dont buy it for that reason, buy it for charity, think of the children!

Read my blog about the DVD for the dates,

of June 27, 2005, and August 22, 2005.

xyz
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Krizzy wrote:

Why bother most of the perfromances sucked with a few exceptions..not wasting my hard earned money sorry.

Unfortunatelly agree... There wasn't much more tahn Who and Floyd...

LIZAWITHAZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but I agree with Krizzy on this, I watched and was disgusted by many of the performances and as far as the charity goes...I can think of more local people who can use my money then a lost cause which I think Live 8 was.

and I do know I am not alone in this plus I have given alot of money to 46664 charity because THAT is a WORTHY charity for Africa in my opinion.

HELLO DARLINGS!

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of the performances went down so bad, like Pete Doherty, that the producers of the DVD are using a music software program called Auto-Tune, that actually creates, or re-creates muffed vocals.

The press is all over this saying that bad performances or not, it will take the authenticity, integrity, and Live..out of Live 8, with too much studio enhancment and tinkering to ''fix'' performances that many artists themselves are unhappy with.

xyz
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't forget, each DVD set will be tailored for each country, USA will get the show in Philadelphia only, etc.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paris & London are worth it!

Killed by drones.

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

Don't forget, each DVD set will be tailored for each country, USA will get the show in Philadelphia only, etc.

Where did you hear it will be tailored for each market only? I so far...have not heard anything to that affect and so far... I have only heard that it would be a compilation highlight of the main cities on 3-4 DVD's like Live Aid.

Just was wondering where you heard/read that?

Also would make NO sense to only sell the Philly show in the USA as MANY USA artists performed at the other shows including London (Madonna, Mariah Carey, Snoop Dogg, Scissor Sisters, etc.) and even Berlin had Crosby, Still, Nash and Green Day (also from the USA)

xyz
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't wait for the DVD since I missed the entire thing because of VH1's crap coverage.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 05, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Where did you hear it will be tailored for each market only? I so far...have not heard anything to that affect and so far... I have only heard that it would be a compilation highlight of the main cities on 3-4 DVD's like Live Aid.

Just put "live8 released tailored" into google, and you will find dozens of articles from the end of June with this same content:

"EMI has obtained worldwide DVD rights to Saturday`s Live 8 concerts in Britain, the United States, Canada, France, Germany and Italy, according to Variety.

EMI expects to release locally tailored DVDs around the world in November. Live 8 gave the rights to EMI after the music company pledged a hefty donation to the organization, the report said."

It doesn't say anything about venue specific releases, so you can expect the American release to have all the American artists in it, regardless of where they actually performed. :P

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 05, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be better to have different DVD's each having their own music style (e.g. one rock, one pop, one 80's, one (c)rap, one dance etc.). I think that would make a release more interesting. I might consider buying the "rock" DVD in that case. The way it's released right now is just plain stupid. Too many different styles to make it interesting to watch (atleast, for me that is).