Forums > Personal > OZZFEST- Sharon vs. Iron Maiden... She lost it...

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40739
It's absolutely disgusting. Kudos for IRONs for extreme proffesionalism, they didn't storm off stage but just kept playing what many said was one of their best performances EVER... That's how pissed off they were...
As for Sharon... It's nice she was boed and everything... This family makes me sick- apart from Ozzy bunch of fucking wannabes who would be NOTHING hadn't it been for who Ozzy Osbournbe is... Or was... whatever...

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I heard about this. Sounds really weird if you ask me. Apparently there is video of it going around on the internet. I would be interested to see that.

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep- would be awesome... There's apparently an audio bootleg circulating as well... But the video would be awesome

PieterMC

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not really crazy about Iron Maidens music but I have a huge amount of respect for them playing on through all that bullshit.

The people who tried to disrupt their set were acting like 2 year olds.

I think its funny that virtually half the crowd left and did not stick around to watch Sabbath.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is great stuff!
Iron Maiden are probably one of the best (if not the best) live bands ever on the planet!
What the crowd did was stupid, and Bruce Dickinson is right, they don`t need to be in a reallity show to be successfull!

I mean, we have to take care of ourselves but the attention that the Ozzbournes are geting from television is ridiculous even for themselves. You can see that Ozzy is a good character but his wife is showing no respect for him because he`s seen as THE Clown, not the "prince of darkness" and they don`t guive a shit about that, because in the end that means selling CD`s and tickets.

Just look at her daughter solo CD, are this guys for real?!- They just think in success and media, that`s all that matters!!

Take care

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon is a Grade A Beeeaaatch! Funny that the crowd started to leave.

LIZAWITHAZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All of you can truly hate me for this but as much as Sharon Osbourne is called a bitch she is shrewd business woman and has single-handedly made Ozzy the household word he is today.

She can be quiet the nutter but then I dont know anyone in show business or who goes into show business who isn't slightly mad! LOL!

HELLO DARLINGS!
Erin

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LIZAWITHAZ wrote:

All of you can truly hate me for this but as much as Sharon Osbourne is called a bitch she is shrewd business woman and has single-handedly made Ozzy the household word he is today.

No doubt. Ozzy would be homeless, penniless, or maybe even dead without her.

PieterMC

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She's still a bitch.

LIZAWITHAZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL! Yes but What A Bitch!

HELLO DARLINGS!
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What did she do? I can't access that article.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.therockradio.com/

Read the 3rd article from the top.

xyz

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon's a bitch- just like Kyle's mom :)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What did exactly Bruce Dickinson say about Ozzy to trigger that backlash from Sharon Osbourne?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was wondering the same..

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001019119

''Sharon claims that''from day one, Bruce Dickinson started berating Ozzy and belittling the Ozzfest audience. Out of 200-plus bands over the last 10 years, he has been the only person who hasn't had the Ozzfest spirit. He thought he was at a battle of the bands, always making other comments about other artists''''

''She (Sharon Osbourne) further states that Maiden bassist Steve Harris ''personally came to Ozzy in San Bernardino and apologized for Bruce's behavior this summer, stating that he and the rest of the band were 'embarrassed' by their own singer''

xyz

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"rumors abounded as to why, with everything from Bruce calling out Ozzy in the U.K. rock magazine Kerrang! on the widely known fact that Ozzy uses a teleprompter, to various vague references said on stage about a 'reality show' at an Ozzfest stop in Detroit"

Apparently he said few times sth along the lines that "We don't need a reality TV program to be around" or sth like that...

PieterMC

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess the truth must hurt.

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

LIZAWITHAZ wrote:

No doubt. Ozzy would be homeless, penniless, or maybe even dead without her.

True. I have seen Sharon and Ozzy in interviews and when she met him, he was penniless, living in a hotel, separated from his 1st wife, locked into his contract with Sharon's father Black Sabbath manager Don Arden, but, Ozzy was no longer with Sabbath, plus Arden had cheated Ozzy out of all of his royalties, and Don sent Sharon to Ozzy's hotel to ''get it together''.

Sharon did not get along with her father (he is well known for his gangster ties, had his ''men'' hang Bee Gee's manager Robert Stigwood by his feet out of a window..etc,..)

..anyway..plus, Sharon saw an opportunity and went for it as she wanted to make is big in the business end of music. She whipped Ozzy into shape, they lived on a bus while she negotiated Ozzy out of his old contact with Don Arden, she came up with the idea to start Ozzy's band with Randy Rhodes, he divorced his wife, married Sharon, she made him richer, got him a great record deal, and in the 1990's Sharon came up with the concept of Ozzfest, and is pretty much the brains behind ''The Ozbournes'' show on MTV, all of Ozzy's business dealings, and she did have her own TV talk show she hosted this past year (don't know if it's still on though).

xyz
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 05, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unbelievable!

I've been an huge fan of Ozzy for many years - and I still am. But ever since the tv-show -and you are absolutely right about Sharon's business talents and about keeping Ozzy alive- it's all so clear what a mean, sneaky bitch she is.
She always misuses her husband and keeps him stupid.

This thing at that show is somewhat sooo typically her. And 100% sure that Ozzy himself had nothing to do with this. He would never have approved of such disrespect for a collegue. And especially the fans!