Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Signed tour programme on eBay!!

forum rss feed
Author

queen+pr4eva user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Queen-and-Paul-Rodgers-programme-signed-by-Brian-May_W0QQitemZ7541620876QQcategoryZ2355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Visit that link shown above and you'll see that someone is selling a signed of a tour programme from Belfast + ticket stub!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really tempted to keep watching this offer if the price is right.
But I can't help thinking....'who are these people who are selling such a precious souvenir???'
I bet if i'd just had a tour programme signed by Brian May, then I would desperately hang onto it, and least of all sell it on Ebay!!

A great item though- just letting you all know about it so at least one of us is lucky enough to own it someday!!

So....whos bidding??

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

looks genuine to me though.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
BHM1775 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like a good one to me

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the reason Brian said he doesn't want to sign autographs. He signs it for a "fan" and the "fan" sells it to make a buck.

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

teleman wrote:

This is the reason Brian said he doesn't want to sign autographs. He signs it for a "fan" and the "fan" sells it to make a buck.

Totally agree.
When Brian signed the WWRY books one went on ebay the next day and sold for £65.

Keep Good Company
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course it's genuine - you can hardly see a better example of a genuine signature than this!

And I also don't understand why people sell signatures that were dedicated to them personally.

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

Of course it's genuine - you can hardly see a better example of a genuine signature than this!

And I also don't understand why people sell signatures that were dedicated to them personally.

Can't agree more Martin, it's great that the members of Queen take time to sign some merch and stuff. They do it for the fans who try really hard to get an autograph for themselves. They are not ment to make money with!

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 07:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

Totally agree, especially as Brian does not enjoy signing things.

I would never sell the book as it is also a great reminder of meeting one of my idols.

Keep Good Company
Teo_torriate04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 414 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got Heaven For Everyone, Back To The Light and Ghost Of A Smile inner sleeves signed by Dr May as a result of a chance encounter (They were what I had in the car at the time). I wouldn't dream of selling them, apart from anything else it would be disrespectful. He was charm and politeness personified.

To cast aside the fury of the battle.

To turn my weary eyes for home.