Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I don't hate FM but...

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was talented yes.

But he is hardly a role model for anyone.

He was self-absorbed person. And lived an unusual life that is ultimately unhealthy morally, spiritually, physically...

Does anyone disagree?

killer_queen00 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I do. If you've watched interviews with Freddie Mercury he talks like he's a normal person, not self absorbed like he acts on stage. He has even said that people think his personality is the way he is on stage and he says he just puts on a performance, no different than what an actor would do. I think he could be a great role model. I know that many people believe in homosexuality being a sin (not including me) but in his career he made it very far so I think he runs a fair chance of being a role model.

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd rather booze it up, snort coke and have sex than get nailed to a cross.

Unless it was a nice view, then I might be okay for a day or two.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why does it have to be black or white?

Either live like Freddie did, or get nailed to a cross?

Anyone who speaks of Freddie Mercury in the same sentence as Jesus Christ is an idiot. Let's not compare a man, and God ok?

Back to the subject:

Was Freddie Mercury a role model?

He was an excellent singer, and song writer, but his life was marked by excessive debauchery, promiscuity, drug and alcohol abuse, and ultimately, a death bought on by AIDS which itself is a result of an irresponsible sexual activity.

I DARE anyone here to defend Freddie Mercury's lifestyle.

Would anyone here want their son or daughter to live such a life?

I doubt it.

And based on the many hours of watching Freddie Mercury on video, I can say that Freddie never matured beyond a childish, immature, self-absorbed mentality. His wealth afforded him the ability to never grow up, and be a child and live as a child. And as a consequence, he never understood until it was too late the importance of responsiblity, and self-control.

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved Freddie and miss him very much.

TarHeelDDS2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't agree with what Vival said, but Shrek, you're fucking ignorant. It's amazing you weren't struck by lightning after saying that. If I could see you I would punch your sorry ass right in the face.

goliath user not visiting Queenzone.com
goliath
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Feddie's lifstyle was really nobody's business but his own. He never asked anyone or gave a shit what people thought. That in itself is what made him an excellent role model. He taught me to love myself for who I am and not to care what other people thought. In my book he was the greatest role model to ever walk the earth. If you don't care for the way he lived his life than move on and find another band.

TarHeelDDS2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For anyone wanting to send Bob The Shrek hatemail for saying that, e-mail him at bobvye@hotmail.com

Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie did not aspire to be a role model by any means. He was exactly who he was and didn't give a rat's rear what anyone thought about it. If I were to look at him as a role model it would be because of his extreme intelligence and amazing musical talent, not his personal life. And remember, people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Robin

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

He was talented yes.

But he is hardly a role model for anyone.

He was self-absorbed person. And lived an unusual life that is ultimately unhealthy morally, spiritually, physically...

Does anyone disagree?

Who are we to pass judgement?
We have free will and can choose the life we live.

I've never read or heard anything about him being a self absorbed person.
If you like his music that is all that should concern anyone.

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TarHeelDDS2005 wrote:

For anyone wanting to send Bob The Shrek hatemail for saying that, e-mail him at bobvye@hotmail.com

TarHeelDDS2005 why don't you show your email address so we can let you know how we feel about your encouraging people to send hatemail.
Fucking creep

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's great that you believe Freddie wasn't a role model or moralistic person, SomebodyWhoLoves. I'm pretty sure that he never said he was a role model. Too bad he wasn't a role model that you'd look up to who didn't have lots of gay sex, like, say, a priest in the Catholic Church. Wait a minute...

You know, good times are now.
Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all...
Freddie never had a herion addiction.

Its like this folks.... If Freddie would have had sex with 2,000 women, no one would say shit...

Every hetero guy would say "Freddie, you da man"

Instead, Freddie has sex with thousands of men.

So what?

Some people say "it says right there in the bible that homosexuality is a sin"

While, I'm not a homo, but I believe that 99% of homosexuals are born that way.
Why in the hell would anyone choose to live their life in such a manner which causes public scrutiny and hate????

MANY OF YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND.... TO TELL A HOMOSEXUAL (A BORN TRAIT) TO "QUIT BEING A FAG".... IS LIKE SOMEONE TELLING YOU TO QUIT HAVING SEX WITH WOMEN, AND START TAKING A PETER IN YOUR ASS.

Freddie snorted some coke at parties, and had gay sex with lots of men. He did this because he was wealthy, because he could, because he was a born homosexual (FYI: Mary Austin + her friends were total pieces of hot ass in the early 1970's, Freddie could of had Mary, or any of her friends.... he opted to suck penis) so that confirms to me that Freddie HAD ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY....Do any of you hetero's reading this think you could go out, get wild, and just have some gay sex??

I sure as hell COULD NOT.

So that tells me that homosexuality is in your brain's wiring.... its not a choice... its a born trait.

Again, I know that some of your bibles say "thou shall not lay with another man"

But whose bible are you reading??

You can go to your local book store and pick up 4 different versions of the bible tonight... so whose version is right??

In the end...
I don't know if homosexuality is right or wrong.
I suspect that we really are gods people.
I suspect that homosexuality is a born way that you are...and not something that anyone aspires to be.
I suspect that either way, I am going to be forgiving and tolerant of those who are, as I am not god (nor are you) and its not my place to judge.

As for Freddie Mercury... he was a kind, gentle person, who would give anyone the shirt off his back, he was very humble, very modest, and I don't think ever new JUST HOW TALENTED he was.

He engaged in some actions that many of you didn't agree with.... but guess what, we ALL have done something in the last week, that your neighbor down the street would find immoral.

Freddie did what he did all unto himself, or with consenting adults... and his last days were carried out with grace, and without complaint.

He faced his illness head on, and with bravery.
While some feel he should have held 4 world press conferences to announce his AIDS.

I feel his exit was classy, his work ethic was second to none, and he sung his ass off until he physically couldn't.

I respect Freddie Mercury... he made some mistakes, but haven't we all?

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 05, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

based on the many hours of watching Freddie Mercury on video, I can say that Freddie never matured beyond a childish, immature, self-absorbed mentality. His wealth afforded him the ability to never grow up, and be a child and live as a child. And as a consequence, he never understood until it was too late the importance of responsiblity, and self-control.

im sorry but that sounds alot more like michael jackson than FM.

Besides, I dont know why you people have judge someone on their lifestyle. He lived his life the way he wanted and could rather care less (his own choice). If your want jesus christ in your life fine go ahead, let him be, it was his life so fuckin deal with it.

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

michael jackson and freddie mercury have a lot in common. they were once friends.

and i believe, after fm's death. michael jackson sort of went crazy, and tried to become fm.

rove user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 00:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think Freddie was evil, nor do I think being gay is a sin ( jesus said to accept all people !!! ) however he is not a role model for me. I have heard interviews with him where he states that he lived his life to have as much fun as possible. To me it seemed he wasn't a terribly selfish man or anything but he wasn't exactly the person i'd want my kids to be like ie. having a lot of sex, a lot of parties, drugs booze etc.

im growing my hair like Brian May...
ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen4ever2 wrote:

he's my role model, I think he was a nice/sweet guy. All the other stuff he did drugs and sex...he had his reasons( sadness; depression).

+1 to that..everyone has their reasons for what they do, despite what people will think

gihona user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whats with all the conservative puritans hypocrites here?! who are you to judge someone you never even met and who are you to decide what is right and how a person should live his life?!

and anyway, who the fuck needs their favorite rock star to be fucking role model?! i want mine as decadent and promiscuous as possible!

Thank you my darlings, you lot of tarts.
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TarHeelDDS2005 wrote:

I don't know who the hell you are but you obviously don't have a backbone - where's my hate mail? You post for people to send me hate mail yet send nothing yourself, coward.

Please feel free to explain my ignorance and I will explain sarcasm.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
mercuryqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 05, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury was not full of himself. He was very modest. Freddie Mercury is my idol and my role model, and i dont go around doing drugs and having sex with many strange men... You dont always have to look at the bad in everyone. If you dont like Freddie then why the hell are you here? This sinner, this anti-christ created all this. None of this would be here if it wasnt for him. He was probably the most talented musician of all time and is admired by many more then you will ever know. I bet more people on this earth could recite a Queen lyric before a bible verse, so who is god now? (Rhetorical question, Freddie Mercury was and is god)

"Fuck today. Its tomorrow" - Freddie Mercury