Forums > Queen - General Discussion > anyone have this?

forum rss feed
Author

those_were_the_days user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone have the last picture of freddie alive? i know its kind of a weird request but i'd be interested to see it. I have the photo of him in the garden with his cat but i've heard that there is another one with him on his death bed...its sad :( but i wanna see it...does anyone have it? thanks alot you guys

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how is it sick <_< im not some sick necropheliac...other ppl have it..i wanna see it...not for my pleasure..out of interest..since im a fan of queen

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

That is very, very sick, you know.

It's actually something newer fans want to know. The curiousity of the last days, is something people can't resist. If there was a photo of Freddie on the day he recorded the vocals to Mother Love, you would look at it, and save the photo to your computer.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess you might call it morbid curiousity.
Dying is a very intense personal experience and I doubt Freddie would want anyone to see a picture.
I would choose to be respectful but I'm sure we've all been rubber-neckers when there's been a traffic accident.

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie wanted to die peacefully so respect him for what he wanted

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:'( no i dont have it and i wouldnt want to.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 01:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here it is:

http://kinoshita.de/queenshow/fm_gallery2.htm

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
JWS3 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The photo of Freddie on his death bed is in the Peter Freestone biography. It was taken in August 91 (according to PF anyway)

This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us
cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie looks fine in that Peter Freestone pic

LIZAWITHAZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are sick person! Why would you want to see that! You remind me of those sick individuals on Ebay who are selling Freddie Will and his Death Certificate...PISS THE HELL OFF!

HELLO DARLINGS!

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wtf is ur problems??? im just interested...does anyone have it??? i really wanna see it..how is it sick?? his will on ebay..its memorabilia..jeez..its not like haha i have a dead celebrities death certificate..its like whoa i have freddie mercury from queen one of the most famous bands in the worlds death certificate and im gonna take care of it cause its a piece of history...sheesh you oversensitive people..

Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree that it's a little too morbid to want to see that photo. I prefer to wish to remember Frddie as a larger-than-life entertainer. If I were to see a photo of him as he must have appeared near the end, well it's an image I can do without. I mean, do you also want to a picture of Lady Di that horrible night? How about Bob Marley? Maybe John Bonham? Perhaps someday some insensative idiot will want to see a picture of you at your worst, on the slab and then you'll understand.

"The things you have to do for money..."
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to get offended at this sort of thing. It don't bother me anymore. I don't think it's nice - but at the same time, if the guy wants to look at some cadavers, let 'em.

Though I might point out that I'm pretty sure no such photo exists. There is no deathbed photo of him, because it just doesn't make sense. They stopped taking photos of him because he didn't want them taken anymore, obviously. That last one of him in the garden is a great way to finish: he's able to stand and enjoy his garden and his cats. Why the fuck would one say to Jim Hutton: "Hey, I'm bored - take a photo of me wasting away in my bed!"

So yeah - look at it this way. There are a couple of very ill looking photos of Freddie in this site (in the gallery). What's one more? Either band together to have the said photos taken down, or leave the guy alone.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
tia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is one from AUg/91 on page 12 of freddies pictures in the picture gallery. I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to see what he looked like those last months.

just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're a fan of Queen, listen to the music. If you're a ghoulish obsessive, look at photos of men dying.

JWS3 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barn - you said try 81.
I've been a Queen fan 31 years and know my stuff, I was only trying to help someone with a query.
The query was "There's a photo of Freddie on his death bed" and according to the photo the captions says "The last photo of Freddie, August 91"

This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

If you're a fan of Queen, listen to the music. If you're a ghoulish obsessive, look at photos of men dying.

Wurd up

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't see the harm. Ok. It's on the nose and not very pleasant. But - he's dead. He's either in oblivion, and therefore thinks nothing about anything because he doesn't exist, or - he's in some kind of afterlife and far too busy being there to give a flying flip about whether or not some dude on the internet wants to see him in a state of poor health.

At the time, this sort of concern was relevant. A man's privacy was being assaulted when he should've been allowed to die in peace. But that struggle is over, the guy has been dead for fourteen years. It does not matter anymore.

August 1991... I regrettably came across that one on the BBC site. Not nice. Still could've been worse though. He could've been mooning the camera.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mercuryqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont see it as a problem. I had the same curiosity. I wanted to know everything about him up to the point where he died, and i would look at every picture of him. If he wanted a picture of him getting a autopsy, that would be a little sick, but the last picture of Freddie Mercury is a treasured item. I would kill to own it. Its history, the last time the most brilliant man ever was captured for the world to see.

"Fuck today. Its tomorrow" - Freddie Mercury
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I would kill to own it"

Thank you, you made my point very clear.