Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Barry Mitchell (Queen bassist) - Writes in Queenzone!

forum rss feed
Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 05, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q_FORUM_ID=1&Q_FORUM_NAME=Queen+Serious+Discussion&TOPIC_SUBJECT=What+is+it%2c+guys%3f!+Is+it+rarity+or+fake%3f%3f%3f!!!&Q=612507&page=2

bazmitch: "Hi people. Interesting to see the speculation about my recording. Listen to John (S. Stuart), he knows the truth. Yes it is the only existing recording of me with Queen. And John, of course I look older. The only picture you have probably seen of me was taken 35 years ago. I still had hair! If any of you get hold of my recording I hope you enjoy it. Glad to make it available for you guys.

regards Barry Mitchell

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Queen-Recording-Featuring-Barry-Mitchell-on-bass_W0QQitemZ7541980376QQcategoryZ2355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Note: The only picture I have seen of Barry is in "As It Began" - and it dates from the early 1970's - hey you should see pictures of me 30 years ago. (Then again, perhaps not!!!).

PS: Would be willing to answer a few "Queenzoner's" questions re: your days in Queen? If not, that's OK, as we all respect your privacy.

Barry is another of our celebrity "readers", as some may remember that John Frankel from the "Left Handed Marriage" also wrote in here, earlier this year.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=487908

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alex Solan wrote:

"Barry is another of our celebrity "readers", as some may remember that John Frankel from the "Left Handed Marriage" also wrote in here, earlier this year."

I invite to Brian May and/or Roger Taylor to join the site (with a username) and share some comments and stories with us!
(an almost utopic idea but since Brian has visited this site - I've read that somewhere... not in wikipedia! - it wouldn't be a crazy idea)

*Roger writing here? Nah...*

That would be great, but if Brian visited Queenzone in the last month or so, i think that he doesn`t want to come back again. For me this August was the worst month of Queenzone!- Too much hate goin`around.

Lets hope that things are calming down a little.

Take care

LIZAWITHAZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL! Brian does write here (and I'm not him by the way!) But a friend of mine has noticed that he does sometimes write here. Not too sure what name he uses but he hasn't written here for quite sometime. He mostly voices his opinions on his own site and who can blame him. Better to remain anonymous, and by the way who cares who posts here especially if they are willing to lend a hand in adding their information without giving their identity away. With so much misinformation about the band out there who cares who's posting the correct information as long as it is correct and can be verified.

As far as Barry Mitchell is concerned he's just lending a hand to the fans who are interested in what he has to add.

Thanks Barry.

Cheers,
David

HELLO DARLINGS!
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm glad to know that Barry Mitchell is a member of the ZOne. Welcome on board!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Two Sharp Pencils user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 05, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´m almost sure that the guy in that pic is Mike Grose.

bazmitch user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Alex.
Yes that is Mike Grose. I think the only picture of me in queen days is the one in As It Began.
Brian was taking pictures all the time, but it seems that no other`s exist. How I wish I had taken some. Thankyou all for the warm welcome to your forum.

Barry

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry, nice to have you here! I have a question: did you remain in contact with the guys after you left Queen, at least for some time?

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so glad you are here Barry!!! It's awesome you are sharing with us your stories. It's very kind of you.

:)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

John S Stuart

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry, a quick question if I may?

When you knew Freddie - was he still Farrokh Bulsara - or was he by then Freddie Mercury? There seems to be a bit of a debate as to when he adopted the Mercury persona.

Thanks.

gc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi barry,just a question thats been bugging me for a while.it says in the book"as it began"that you were currently working in currys electrical shop in saffron walden.is this correct because as far as im aware there is no currys in saffron walden.also did you live in saffron walden or do you still.take care, gary.

gary

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two Sharp Pencils wrote:

Barry, nice to have you here! I have a question: did you remain in contact with the guys after you left Queen, at least for some time?

I used to visit Freddie whilst he was selling cuban heel boots in kensington market.I maybe saw him 2 or 3 times over a period of 6 months or so. But I lost contact after that.

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Barry, a quick question if I may?

When you knew Freddie - was he still Farrokh Bulsara - or was he by then Freddie Mercury? There seems to be a bit of a debate as to when he adopted the Mercury persona.

Thanks.

He was Freddie Bulsara when I knew him.

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gc wrote:

hi barry,just a question thats been bugging me for a while.it says in the book"as it began"that you were currently working in currys electrical shop in saffron walden.is this correct because as far as im aware there is no currys in saffron walden.also did you live in saffron walden or do you still.take care, gary.

It was Dixons in Saffron Walden.And no I didnt live there.

gc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks barry for answering my question

gary

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for responding to me as well!

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bazmitch: "Hi people. Interesting to see the speculation about my recording. Listen to John (S. Stuart), he knows the truth. Yes it is the only existing recording of me with Queen. And John, of course I look older. The only picture you have probably seen of me was taken 35 years ago. I still had hair! If any of you get hold of my recording I hope you enjoy it. Glad to make it available for you guys.

regards Barry Mitchell

We all listen very attentively when John posts. We were all in misery when he was off d/t an accident but we are very happy that he's back and well. John provides us with info for our Queen bibles!!!

Love you John!!!!! :)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

John S Stuart

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the answers.

I am sure now that the "cat is out of the bag" you will find that your e-mail is inundated, and that you are asked the same FAQ's, but the guys in here are a fairly decent bunch, and will, on the whole support you.

Hope that you continue to enjoy your visits here.

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Thanks for the answers.

I am sure now that the "cat is out of the bag" you will find that your e-mail is inundated, and that you are asked the same FAQ's, but the guys in here are a fairly decent bunch, and will, on the whole support you.

Hope that you continue to enjoy your visits here.

Thankyou John.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Barry,

Welcome to the zone, it's great to have you here.

Did you follow the bands carreer after you left? Or did you ever went to a show to see them?

And which was your favourite song to play back then.

Cheers,
niek

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have another question if you don´t mind Barry: if Brian and Roger would have invited you to be the bass player on their current tour (ie. replacing John), would you have accepted? I think that it would have been nice... much more Queenie than what it already is!