Forums > Personal > For the Tottenham fans...

forum rss feed
Author

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We've just signed Jermaine Jenas for around £8mill.

Erik Edman has left the club, and we've signed a Korean left back called Young-Lee Pow (or something similar), who is a decent enough player.

*APPARENTLY* Robbie Keane is in talks with Everton (which I hope is untrue) and Daniel Levy is in Italy having talks with a couple of clubs apparently as he's interested in a striker or two, and we don't want Carlton Cole (thank god).

Things are looking pretty good at the Lane these days despite cheating refs.

However... Carrick, Davids, Brown, Mendes, Davis, Tainio, Lennon, Routledge, Reid, Ziegler and now Jenas? It's almost embarrasing!

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the Tottenham fans........

This will be a short thread then ;-)

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't take that long for the first joke did it lol

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's Young-pyo Lee... He's coming from PSV. He's a decent right footed left defender, who loves to give much attacking impulses.

Hiddink bought him after the WC2002, together with Ji-Sung Park (plays for Man U now). They reached the semi-final of the CL last year with PSV.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>ROGER<font color=blue>37 wrote:

I'm from Italy, and I know that Cristiano Lucarelli, Livorno bomber, is getting of yours!
Is it true?

Cristiano Lucarelli and Livorno Bomber?

Any good?

Would make the rumours of our chairman being in Italy seem more credible?

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, explain to me the justice?

Mido has been given a definite three games for his "violent conduct" against Chelsea. And although we've appealed, he faces a further game for failure to leave the field of play when the red card was produced.

Rob Styles argues that the rules of the game state rasing the arm or whatever must be punished by a red card, and that all he was doing was enforcing the rules. Well Mr Styles, tell me why Michael Essien was not sent of for tripping Davids when on the edge of the box amidst a possible goalscoring opportunity. Surely that is punishble by a red card, according to the rules of the game?

Or is it becuase you're scared of the big club once more.

Mark Clattenburg and Pedro Mendes goal rings a bell...

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And didn't Mr Styles admit to Robbo that he didn't see Mido raise his arm, and in fact red-carded him for 'excessive force in a tackle'?

But yep. A crazy day in the life of the compulsive shopper Martin Jol.

I'm not a massive fan of Jenas and I think the priority should have been to get a replacement for Freddie, seeing as, as you pointed out, we're not exactly bereft of decent midfielders...

Brown, Mendes and Davis are surely surplus to requirements now.

I know nothing about Lee, but from what I've read it sounds like he'll get up and down a bit better than Edman did. And Edman did seem to have a tendency to give away penalties. I just would have preferred that we kept either Edman or Ziegler in order to provide cover for the left.

Very glad we didn't let Keano go though, although I always preferred Freddie to him.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh you poor deluded Geordie.

He didn't choose Newcastle, he settled for them, because nobody else wanted him.

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

Well, explain to me the justice?

Mido has been given a definite three games for his "violent conduct" against Chelsea. And although we've appealed, he faces a further game for failure to leave the field of play when the red card was produced.

Rob Styles argues that the rules of the game state rasing the arm or whatever must be punished by a red card, and that all he was doing was enforcing the rules. Well Mr Styles, tell me why Michael Essien was not sent of for tripping Davids when on the edge of the box amidst a possible goalscoring opportunity. Surely that is punishble by a red card, according to the rules of the game?

Or is it becuase you're scared of the big club once more.

Mark Clattenburg and Pedro Mendes goal rings a bell...

Essien didn't get sent off as there was another defender close to the ball.

I know a Spurs fan who loves giving money away. He has bet someone £20 that they will get into the European Cup this year !

Keep Good Company

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But my point is, Davids was pretty much central to goal, with the ball at his feet, with the possible opportunity to score, regardless of another man. The rules state that if you prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity, you gotta walk for it. Whether he meant it or not, Essien brought him down. Why only a yellow?

Bohardy - you're right. Edman did have a habit of giving away penalties. Also I always thought he was easily turned on his inside, and didn't ever look like winning the ball back when it happened. Which is a shame, coz I actually thought he was a decent player.

Thought, I can't quite work out where Jenas will go. He's not gonna replace Andy Reid, and Davids and Carrick are surely starters, and that leaves the right wing. Tianio will be a good player, as will Routledge and Lennon who looks class - but it doesn't mean I'm playing a £7mill+ central midfielder on the right wing. It bugs me.

But we hae signed some Polish striker from Derby. Scored around 50 goals in a 100 games or something, Poland regular. Could be good, he about 6ft 3" too. We needed a big man.

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 05:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Raziak is a good championship striker. Whether his 10 minutes every now and then in the premiership will be any good, only time will tell.

I expect Jol will adopt more of the Chelsea style formation with Carrick, Davids and Jenas in the middle. Then three of Reid, Routledge, Mido, Defoe playing wide and up front. Both Mido & Defoe have played wide left before now.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eggy wrote:

Raziak is a good championship striker. Whether his 10 minutes every now and then in the premiership will be any good, only time will tell.

Grzegorz RaSiak- he's good! I can tell you that! :)

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mido played as left winger for Ajax as well... how is he doin with Tottenam?? Koeman couldn't handle him in Amsterdam. He was a good player, but he misbehaved himself more than once.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We've not been playing him on the right wing, we have no need for that, he is a forward and we use him as such.

He's actually been good. He scored two on his debut, and then a third a game or two later, but he picked up an injury and didnt play for the rest of the season. However he's really worked on his fitness this summer and he trimmed down a stone or two, and he's looking sharp so far. Shame he got sent off against Chelsea really, that'll stump his progress. He looks dangerous on the ball, and he likes his skills, which White Hart Lane appreciates every week. We've needed someone like him since Ginola really. Fingers crossed he'll start socring again and then hopefully he'll be off and running.

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he's not played on the wing, why compare him to Ginola who is a winger? Surely you've needed someone like him since Klinsmann. He will be an option wide left with Defoe through the middle I am sure.

Sorry Fenderek! He's a Polish warrior, I know!

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eggy...

...from the point of view of entertainment and flair, we have needed someone with a bit of cheek and the tendency for a back heal or two...

Bob The Shrek

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

....just before the opposition bang another goal in ;-)

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeh.

Shame when that happens lol.

Bob The Shrek

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do apologise, GreatKingSam, for the continued jokes at the expense of Spurs but as a Chelsea (terrace retired, now in armchair) supporter, I just HAVE to do it! LOL

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No mate, no probs. I do like some banter, however, one day soon, we'll run out of class British lower league players to buy, and we'll have to start buying them frmo the Premiership too. But looks like we've already started with Jenas...

...maybe Shaun-Wright next (-:

He looked proper dangerous on Saturday. The touch to take him round Stephen Kelly to set-up Duff's inspired strike was absolute class, and when he dragged the ball round Davids and just laid it off was pure cheek. But, agaist eleven men, and I hate to say it, Chelsea weren't all threatening. You need more than shitty Drogba up-front, and gotta stop passing the ball across the back four. With the talent you got, I wouldn't be content with that. But, Chelsea for the League, I hate to say it.