Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Robbie's Version Of We Will Rock You At Live 8

forum rss feed
Author

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have just been listining to robbies version of we will rock you at live 8 is that Freddie Voice doing the We will We Will Rock You At the end anyone else noticed this.

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Lymi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He tried to wear the same clothes Freddie wore. But he looked ridiculous. How did Robbie think that he could be like Freddie that day. It's impossible. If we watch Freddie at Live Aid, he used the best clothes of the event. Just look at him. (Well, Freddie is beautiful all the time) But if we notice, Freddie was amazing that Saturday, July 13th. Nobody looked so good and hot like Freddie did.

But in Live 8 with Robbie Williams was an abomination. You can sing a Queen song, i accept that, but dress like Freddie or try to imitate one of the guys of the band, it's not fair.

http://groups.msn.com/Freddiebirthday2005

"Freddie Is Hot Like The Sun, If You Touch Him You Could Burn"

Big hugs,

-Lymi
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lymi wrote:

He tried to wear the same clothes Freddie wore. But he looked ridiculous. How did Robbie think that he could be like Freddie that day. It's impossible. If we watch Freddie at Live Aid, he used the best clothes of the event.
But in Live 8 with Robbie Williams was an abomination. You can sing a Queen song, i accept that, but dress like Freddie or try to imitate one of the guys of the band, it's not fair.

1. it was meant as a tribute...get a life
2. freddie did not dress best that day...he wore a pair of old jeans, some filthy white trainers (look at em) and a singlet....with a prostitute's armlet....your standards must be very low if you REALLY think Fred was the best dressed that day...
3. Robbie was not an abomination....you are way too defensive of all things FM!!! i bet if Fred got up on stage and farted for 20 mins you'd still say it was a great performance

go deo na hÉireann
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Lymi wrote:

He tried to wear the same clothes Freddie wore. But he looked ridiculous. How did Robbie think that he could be like Freddie that day. It's impossible. If we watch Freddie at Live Aid, he used the best clothes of the event.

1. it was meant as a tribute...get a life
2. freddie did not dress best that day...he wore a pair of old jeans, some filthy white trainers (look at em) and a singlet....with a prostitute's armlet....your standards must be very low if you REALLY think Fred was the best dressed that day...
3. Robbie was not an abomination....you are way too defensive of all things FM!!! i bet if Fred got up on stage and farted for 20 mins you'd still say it was a great performance

Agreed Martin.

Also Robbie did not dress anything like Freddie anyhow.

As Martin pointed out, Freddie wore a white vest and jeans, his leather silver studded arm bracelet and sneakers.

Robbie wore a tux coat with tails over BLUE jeans, and a craveat tied around his neck. Were you watching the same Robbie Williams' Live 8 performance we were watching??????

xyz
Lymi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well that's your point of view, i have mine

http://groups.msn.com/Freddiebirthday2005

"Freddie Is Hot Like The Sun, If You Touch Him You Could Burn"

Big hugs,

-Lymi
Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie had on a white wife beater, not a vest.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are some people, that when they sing rough it sounds remotely good. Take someone like Roger Daltrey or Tom Jones.

Robbie Williams CANNOT SING. Read those 4 words very carefully. I won't say anything about his ability to 'entertain' or 'hold a crowd' or whatever, because I don't care.
If we are to appreciate the man purely for his ability to make a crowd go nuts, then he shouldn't be a singer - because he can't do it. Make him tell jokes, or juggle or something. But as a singer, the man is a lost cause. I have heard better singers in the background of live versions of Love of my Life (you know the ones I'm talking about).

His performance of WWRY showed only a few things:
1. Brian May always knew how to write a song that would get an audience going.
2. People still love to hear that song in big venues.
3. That people these days are so starved for good musicians, that they'll enjoy any dreck.

Listen, that performance at Live8 had its merits, don't misunderstand me. I'm glad that thousands of people enjoyed themselves, there's no harm in that. But - I just wish they'd get a good singer to do the job instead, because he's not one.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
brENsKi

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lymi wrote:

Well that's your point of view, i have mine

why don't you look and check for sure before spouting rubbish

http://www.germanbeat.info/images/la-queen-mid.jpg

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron .G wrote:

Freddie had on a white wife beater, not a vest.

looks like a fucking vest to me....for Queen's live performance at live Aid this was his costume

http://www.germanbeat.info/images/la-queen-mid.jpg

go deo na hÉireann
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

His performance of WWRY showed only a few things:
1. Brian May always knew how to write a song that would get an audience going.
2. People still love to hear that song in big venues.
3. That people these days are so starved for good musicians, that they'll enjoy any dreck.

Brilliant- I second that!

mercuryqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The white tank top looks like a vest? Someone needs to open his eyes.

"Fuck today. Its tomorrow" - Freddie Mercury
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always suspected that Robbie Williams was a hack, but loved Millenium too much to diss him. After seeing 'You Only Live Twice', I realize that all he did was rip off a James Bond movie theme and add lyrics.

I won't say he sucks, but I will say I am so eternally grateful that he is not fronting Queen. When I heard about Paul Rodgers for the first time fronting Queen, I immediately accepted it happily just because I really thought RW was going to front them. The guy may be a big fan, and that's cool, but he is so not worthy.

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus fucking christ.

Some of you have got serious denial problems.

Ever heard of a tribute!? Fuck me, grow up.

Also, Robbie dressed fuck all like Freddie. He dressed like Robbie Williams. But I spose no-one is allowed to wear a vest or blue jeans ever again? Or a yellow army-style jacket? Or mirror-sun glasses? Get a life.

And, just because some say Robbie can't sing, it doesn't mean its true. I actually think he can sing and am quite a fan, and to be honest, wouldn't have minded one single bit had he fronted Queen because some of us don't have this stupid complex.

Its pointless to get worked up about pointless posts like this, but sometimes frustration can get the better of anyone.

Stryder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry but you sir are a fucking retard. The jeans he wore were really in style back in `85, (eighty five) and if your 13 year old mind cannot make a difference from the style back in the 80s and now, then go to sleep, eat your vegies or take some brain vitamins. The same thing is available for the trainers and as far as the armlet, i think it was very "freddish" if you think about his performances. And the white t-shirt was by far the coolest thing he would ever wear that day, his entire outfit was a casual one, he really looked good performing and to me he had one of the best performances ever, both musical and in style.

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, I do believe that arm bracelet thing he had was a present from Jim Hutton (I think it was Jim) and Freddie looked upon it as a sort of marriage band...

...so I read in a book a couple of years ago. Then again, I may have just completely made that up.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We same to have bit of a language issue here.

Brenski, what we call a vest, Americans tend to call a wife-beater.

What we call a waistcoat, Americans call a vest.

Therefore Sharron thought you were saying that Freddie was wearing a waistcoat. And whilst it looked liked a fucking vest to you, it also looked like a fucking wife-beater to her, and neither of you were wrong.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I wake up on the same side of my bed everyday due to my bedroom wall. However, how many fucking times have people gotta say people can't "copy" Freddie.

When will they learn the words "tribute", or "pay homage too"...?

Its knobheads like that and BPP that bring Queen down, not collaborations with Five and Britney Spears.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron G. said:

" Freddie had on a white wife beater, not a vest."

Sharron, don't say things like that. Next thing we know, Queenonline will have Freddie's outfit listed as "the FIRST time a performer wore a wifebeater on stage", and list Freddie as the inventor of the wifebeater, a word that didn't really become part of the lexicon until the look of Eminem popularized it.

You know, good times are now.
cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAWN................................

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This subject is definitely from been there and done that bin but Robbie doesn't IMHO have a freaking third of FM's talent!

No saying he's not talented just not AS talented.

Long Live Queen!!!