Forums > Personal > New Orleans Mayor Says Thousands Feared Dead

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is FAR worse than what the news has been saying all along. The news kept saying New orleans did NOT get the brunt of Hurricane Katrina. But now they are saying that the levy's broke and even the 20,000 evacuated people in the Superdome are trapped by flood waters. This is awful.

My prayers for everyone in New orleans and the Gulf/south area hit by Katrina, and anyone else who has family or friends down there.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9063708/

xyz
OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ya my mother still is trapped inside of the Hyatt right next door to the superdome. The rest of my family isnt accounted for yet. I still have Uncles and Aunts im worried about. I hope they are ok ... but atleast i found my mother and sisters. As soon as they can get out im going to fly down there to meet them and reunite. They will either head to Houston with the rest of the Refugees , or they will go to Jacksonville Florida where they have a 3 bedroom home that their friends own.

Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've read on TV, newspapers and net about what kind of damage hurricane Katrina has caused and how bad the damage would be in the gulf area. I hear it would be the worst the US has ever suffered from natural disasters for recent some decades. I do hope necessary relief will be sent to all those who are suffering now and they'll recover as soon as possible. My prayers are for them and the gulf area/the South involved.

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's become the largest 'Lord of the Flies' location in the USA, thanks to the lowlifes in the area, as well as the slow action taken by the Federal govt.

Will now become the most famous Superfund site as well.

I guess people like Pat Robertson should have prayed harder before the storm hit. Maybe he could have forced it to take a different path as he requested a hurricane a while back (OY)

sad, sad, sad

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to donate as much as I can afford. I wish I could help out personally but I will pray for all that have loved ones missing.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

Long Live Queen!!!
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I donated much money for the Tsunami victims... But I don't give one cent for this.

I feel sorry for the people who are caught by the hurricane, but America wants to solve all the problems in the world by their own... so I let them solve their own problems as well.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a fantastic attitude The Mir@cle, I am sure humanity is so much better off because of it.

Now, say that a similar thing happens to your country - who do you suppose will be amongst the first to offer aid?

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
The Mir@cle

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That may be the US.. But that don't change my point of view.

I'm not selfish at all, I donate lots of money to charity. But I can't stand the arrogant attitude of Bush... Let him solve this shit.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

I donated much money for the Tsunami victims... But I don't give one cent for this.

I feel sorry for the people who are caught by the hurricane, but America wants to solve all the problems in the world by their own... so I let them solve their own problems as well.

That's so not cool.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

YourValentine user is on Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The American people have always generously helped others in need. It goes without saying that the victims of this disaster deserve all our help and solidarity. I really don't see what Bush has to do with that. It's a basic rule of humanity to help each other.

You can donate here
http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate/

Let's not forget that our fellow Queenzoner Kayla (LiveAidQueen) is in Biloxi, Miss and we do not know if she is safe. In Biloxi, virtually all homes were destroyed and no aid has reached the survivers yet.

I do not want any google ads here.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And please try to keep in mind that we in the U.S. did not elect that asshole for President. Either time.

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mississippi was hit so hard it's unfathomable... It's insane. Unfortunately, some of the worst parts of the human race have come up and are taking advantage of the situation either by looting or gouging prices. Today, a man killed his own sister over a bag of ice. An absolute shame.
There is no need attempting to change The Miracle's opinion. His own bigoted view is his to keep and your energies are best spent elsewhere. For some the chip on their shoulder blocks a rational view of the world.
Hard to believe I was in new Orleans just a few months ago. The hostel where I meant so many interesting people is now gone forever.
Tomorrow, I will be in Mobile helping the red cross in any form possible. I may just be turned away, I don't know, but we are going to volunteer.
I hope Kayla got out in time. But even if she did, there is not a lot left to return to. My thoughts and prayers are with her and everyone else touched by Katrina. I have not heard from my friends down there either. ALl we can do is wait and hope. :-(

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a news story on Kayla's town.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/krwashbureau/20050901/ts_krwashbureau/_wea_katrina_biloxi_1

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh god, that is a horrible headline to have to read. I hope Kayla is alright.

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are an estimated 20,000 stuck at the convention center in New Orleans. No officials are there to help them. They were given one food drop today of about 24 persons worth of food. There are children scared to death, elderly, and hard working people who have lost everything and they have been waiting almost 5 days.

We are failing them. Not enough is being done. It makes me sick.

Mrs.Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1466 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blues musician Fats Domino is missing along with his wife and daughter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4206622.stm

Yes, it's me. I'm back.

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just watched the newest one about it on TV...it's horrible...it reminds me of horror I felt when I saw the news about some earthquake disasters in my country, especially the heaviest one which happened over ten years ago and caused horrible damages. I'm worried about people involved in that hurricane...and I hope she, Kayla is okay. In case of heavy earthquake disasters of my country, I sent relief supplies as much as I could afford, which I thought people would need. Although there's not much that I can do, I'm hoping...

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 05, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The American Red Cross Disaster Relief Effort/Fund is officially handling all donations, as well as requests if you want to volunteer or help in some other way.

You can make donations or ask about helping in some other way by calling this phone number, for The American Red Cross,1-800-HELP-NOW...

..... or via the American Red Cross’s website...
www.redcross.org.

You may want to read my blog for today 9/1/05 too about the multiple nationally televised benefit concerts over the next 2 weeks on MTV, VH1, CMT, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, BET, etc. etc.

xyz
OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 05, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

That may be the US.. But that don't change my point of view.

I'm not selfish at all, I donate lots of money to charity. But I can't stand the arrogant attitude of Bush... Let him solve this shit.

First of all THIS: [Bush... Let him solve this shit]::: Shouldnt be in this topic. Second of all, I am from the Gulf Coast with people in my family that still could be missing. That which you have said shows exactly what kinda piss poor attitute some certain people have here. You are talking about MY HOME , MY FRIENDS , MY WAY OF LIFE buddy. Ive been ripped in half and Im still crying because i cant find anyone else in my family. Sure I found my mother. THATS IT!!! I still have uncles aunts and cousins out there and I have no idea of there whereabouts. I have friends in both Biloxi and New Orleans and the surrounding areas. THIS IS ALL YOU CAN SAY!!!! Just because we have people over seas in a war and a president with his head not screwed on straight , does NOT mean you have to take it out on the rest of the people in this fucking country. I read this forum alot and have seen many certain people bicker and fight and argue over STUPID things. NOW ISNT THE TIME TO ACT LIKE YOUR 5!!!!!

Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!
The Mir@cle

Posted: 02 Sep 05, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand your reaction OgreBattleField1980... I feel sorry for the situation you're into right now. I do think it's horrible what happens there. And my thought are with the victims.

But still there's no hair on my head that thinks of donation money.