Forums > Personal > Celine Dion loses it on Larry King

forum rss feed
Author

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 05, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not a Celine fan or anything, but this really made me cry and she says pretty much everything I've been thinking about the hurricane victims... except for the part about Cheez-Whiz..

http://rapidshare.de/files/4703330/Celine_Larry_King.wmv.html

It's 12 MB.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 05, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think she probably feels frustrated that all the money in the world - ain't gonna do much to help right now - money is part of the middle/long-term rebuilding/repair process

what the people of N.O. really need now is real hands-on help - actions - not pledges


go deo na h√Čireann
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"How come it's so easy to send planes to another country to kill everyone in a second?"

Wow, I just gained an infinite amount of respect for that woman. A true human being. You'd have to be completely empty and devoid of emotion to be left untouched by that speech.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This was from Late Night Conan O'Brien last night...

Celine Dion has claimed on Larry King that she's very dissapointed that at the slow response of President Bush to evacuate people out of New Orleans...

...Celine Dion also said: - "If he would have called me, I could have gotten everyone out of there in two songs".


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CNNUSATODAYGALLUP POLL: ONLY 13% BLAME BUSH?
Wed Sep 07 2005 10:42:26 ET

A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 609 adults taken September 5-6 shows:

Blame Game -- 13% said George W. Bush is "most responsible for the problems in New Orleans after the hurricane"; 18% said "federal agencies"; 25% said "state and local officials"; 38% said "no one is to blame"; 6% had no opinion. -- 29% said that "top officials in the federal agencies responsible for handling emergencies should be fired"; 63% said they should not; 8% had no opinion.

MORE

Government Performance -- 10% said George W. Bush has done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 25% said "good"; 21% said "neither good nor bad"; 18% said "bad"; 24% said "terrible"; 2% had no opinion. -- 8% said federal government agencies responsible for handling emergencies have done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 27% said "good"; 20% said "neither good nor bad"; 20% said "bad"; 22% said "terrible"; 3% had no opinion. -- 7% said state and local officials in Louisiana have done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 30% said "good"; 23% said "neither good nor bad"; 20% said "bad"; 15% said "terrible"; 5% had no opinion.


Once again, the loony left is in the minority....

They complain when Bush acts like a "cowboy", but when the federal response, which, can ONLY be requested by state and local government, who, by the way, were too busy crying on TV to call the Feds to ask for help in a timely manner, is deemed "slow", they want blood then too....

When all of this comes out in the wash, the local government, as well as the state of Louisiana's leadership, is going to be left holding the bag. The left can cry all they want, but facts are facts, and Ray Nagin, along with the Governor of Lousiana, are the politicians to blame here, folks....

All the Feds can do is come in and clean up the mess....why is that so hard to see?

I know exactly why. Those on the left work on emotion, not plain and simple fact. The emotions scream to blame Bush, when fact says otherwise....


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is saying that it's only Bush's fault?

Both local and federal authorities are to blame for the lack of response to the emergency. The reason why Bush is taking some much criticism is because he's the highest authority in the nation, and just like the rest of the officials he was absolutely incompetent.

Now, will anyone get fired for each of their own mistakes? OF COURSE NOT. They will all realize that they're all in the same boat of blame, and instead they will wash their hands and pretend like nothing's ever happened.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:


Once again, the loony left is in the minority....

They complain when Bush acts like a "cowboy", but when the federal response, which, can ONLY be requested by state and local government, who, by the way, were too busy crying on TV to call the Feds to ask for help in a timely manner, is deemed "slow", they want blood then too....


The looney left has always been the minority, just like the looney right has always been the minority.

I guess you must be proud to be part of the minority of looneys from the other side, don't ya?


Haystacks Calhoun wrote:


All the Feds can do is come in and clean up the mess....why is that so hard to see?


So you really expect local rescue teams with limited amounts of resources to help an entire city and hundreds of small towns in complete chaos? Do you really think that a couple hundred of rescue workers, nurses, firefighters, policemen, and paramedics are more than enough to aid hundreds of thousands of victims?

In your opinion it doesn't really matter that people in Lousiana and Mississippi need assistance right away in order to save their lives, because after all you were blaming all these people for not being able to evacuate New Orleans on the fact that they were just poor. Chances are the you probably think that its a waste of time to rescue black people, right?

Congratulations, you've just showed everyone here that you're completely ignorant.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Who is saying that it's only Bush's fault?

Both local and federal authorities are to blame for the lack of response to the emergency. The reason why Bush is taking some much criticism is because he's the highest authority in the nation, and just like the rest of the officials he was absolutely incompetent.


Is it just me, or does it seem the mayor of New Orleans is doing a tremedous job of passing the buck? Surely some of the blame must fall his way regardless of how completely devastated he is.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:


Once again, the loony left is in the minority....

They complain when Bush acts like a "cowboy", but when the federal response, which, can ONLY be requested by state and local government, who, by the way, were too busy crying on TV to call the Feds to ask for help in a timely manner, is deemed "slow", they want blood then too....


The looney left has always been the minority, just like the looney right has always been the minority.

I guess you must be proud to be part of the minority of looneys from the other side, don't ya?


Haystacks Calhoun wrote:


All the Feds can do is come in and clean up the mess....why is that so hard to see?


So you really expect local rescue teams with limited amounts of resources to help an entire city and hundreds of small towns in complete chaos? Do you really think that a couple hundred of rescue workers, nurses, firefighters, policemen, and paramedics are more than enough to aid hundreds of thousands of victims?

In your opinion it doesn't really matter that people in Lousiana and Mississippi need assistance right away in order to save their lives, because after all you were blaming all these people for not being able to evacuate New Orleans on the fact that they were just poor. Chances are the you probably think that its a waste of time to rescue black people, right?

Congratulations, you've just showed everyone here that you're completely ignorant.


You are hopeless, Jingles......and here is a sincere Fuck You for the "Chances are the you probably think that its a waste of time to rescue black people, right" part.....

And who is the ignorant one?


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyway, this piece spells it out slowly for those, like Jingles, who will never get it, as their hatred of all things Bush apparently clouds good judgement reagarding FEMA and what they do...

Blame Amid the Tragedy

Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin failed their constituents.

BY BOB WILLIAMS
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT

As the devastation of Hurricane Katrina continues to shock and sadden the nation, the question on many lips is, Who is to blame for the inadequate response?

As a former state legislator who represented the legislative district most impacted by the eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980, I can fully understand and empathize with the people and public officials over the loss of life and property.

Many in the media are turning their eyes toward the federal government, rather than considering the culpability of city and state officials. I am fully aware of the challenges of having a quick and responsive emergency response to a major disaster. And there is definitely a time for accountability; but what isn't fair is to dump on the federal officials and avoid those most responsible--local and state officials who failed to do their job as the first responders. The plain fact is, lives were needlessly lost in New Orleans due to the failure of Louisiana's governor, Kathleen Blanco, and the city's mayor, Ray Nagin.

The primary responsibility for dealing with emergencies does not belong to the federal government. It belongs to local and state officials who are charged by law with the management of the crucial first response to disasters. First response should be carried out by local and state emergency personnel under the supervision of the state governor and his emergency operations center.

The actions and inactions of Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin are a national disgrace due to their failure to implement the previously established evacuation plans of the state and city. Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin cannot claim that they were surprised by the extent of the damage and the need to evacuate so many people. Detailed written plans were already in place to evacuate more than a million people. The plans projected that 300,000 people would need transportation in the event of a hurricane like Katrina. If the plans had been implemented, thousands of lives would likely have been saved.

In addition to the plans, local, state and federal officials held a simulated hurricane drill 13 months ago, in which widespread flooding supposedly trapped 300,000 people inside New Orleans. The exercise simulated the evacuation of more than a million residents. The problems identified in the simulation apparently were not solved.

A year ago, as Hurricane Ivan approached, New Orleans ordered an evacuation but did not use city or school buses to help people evacuate. As a result many of the poorest citizens were unable to evacuate. Fortunately, the hurricane changed course and did not hit New Orleans, but both Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin acknowledged the need for a better evacuation plan. Again, they did not take corrective actions. In 1998, during a threat by Hurricane George, 14,000 people were sent to the Superdome and theft and vandalism were rampant due to inadequate security. Again, these problems were not corrected.
The New Orleans contingency plan is still, as of this writing, on the city's Web site, and states: "The safe evacuation of threatened populations is one of the principle [sic] reasons for developing a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan." But the plan was apparently ignored.

Mayor Nagin was responsible for giving the order for mandatory evacuation and supervising the actual evacuation: His Office of Emergency Preparedness (not the federal government) must coordinate with the state on elements of evacuation and assist in directing the transportation of evacuees to staging areas. Mayor Nagin had to be encouraged by the governor to contact the National Hurricane Center before he


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni explained it better than anyone else on the other thread. All you really do is copy and paste biased opinions of conservative columnists instead of presenting true reliable facts to support your opinion.

Oh, and btw. Thanks a lot for that "FUCK YOU", because not only it shows that you're ignorant, but it also demonstrates that all you can do is lower yourself to some cheap shot to discuss an issue.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Zeni explained it better than anyone else on the other thread. All you really do is copy and paste biased opinions of conservative columnists instead of presenting true reliable facts to support your opinion.

Oh, and btw. Thanks a lot for that "FUCK YOU", because not only it shows that you're ignorant, but it also demonstrates that all you can do is lower yourself to some cheap shot to discuss an issue.


You implying that I am a racist ins't?

Again, Jingles. Can you argue ANY of the points that were brought up in the article? IS any of it untrue?

That is what I thought. If you can't argue with the message, kill the messenger...

Why should it matter who writes an article if what is in it is ACCURATE?

I guess partisan bickering matters much more to you than truth....


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if you were racist. After all, you think that all poor people are poor because they chose to be, or because they're lazy and want to live off welfare.

I know there's a lot of people who just don't want to work and don't mind paying always with food stamps, but what can you tell me about those people who work 2 or 3 jobs and have to raise kids and they still don't have enough money to make a decent living. Do you think it's fair to consider these people leeches who want to live off the government because they can't afford the things the rest of us could?


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if you were racist. After all, you think that all poor people are poor because they chose to be, or because they're lazy and want to live off welfare.

I know there's a lot of people who just don't want to work and don't mind living from welfare but what can you tell me about those people who work 2 or 3 jobs and have to raise kids and they still don't have enough money to make a decent living. Do you think it's fair to consider these people leeches who want to live off the government because they can't afford the things the rest of us could?


What are you yammering about? You are arguing an entirely different point, and, frankly, putting words in my mouth. The point is, that the local and state officials KNEW that there were at minimum, 100,000 of the poorest people to evacuate, that those 100,000 people had no transportation out, and did NOTHING about it, save putting 40,000 in places knowing full well that they had no resources to sustain those people there....

The local officials knew that if this storm hit the way that it did, that tens of thousands would die, the vast majority of those being black and poor.

Blaming the Federal Government for things such as this is nothing new. This same blame game happened afterHigo in 1989, and after Andrew in 1992 as well. After Andrew, Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) slammed FEMA for a "pathetically sluggish" response, and on the ground, Dade County emergency director Kathleen Hale famously summed up the frustration felt throughout the stricken areas when she cried, "Where the hell is the cavalry?"

Simply put, evacuating is not a Federal responsibility, it is a local one first, than a state one. The FEMA folks come in after, and only after, request is made from the Local or State levels. The article points that out quite clearly. I cannot help if you either cannot believe it, or refuse to believe it.


Look. We all agree that this is a complete and utter disaster. However, that said, those who wish to pin the blame on Bush can do that if they wish, but the facts do not support the claim.


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's off topic a bit, but Celine listed Freddie Mercury as her only inspiration.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The federal government is the highest authority in the nation, and if there's an order to evacuate a place in the path of disaster all the local authorities have to do is follow the orders. At the same time, local authorities have the right to request as much help to aid those who need it, and it's the federal government's responsibility to provide as much aid as possible to arrive in the shortest amount of time. Local rescue workers and people who provided relief to the victims were requesting help from the federal government even before hurricaine Katrina hit New Orleans, and this aid didn't arrive for days when it should have arrived within hours.

You claim that it's the federal government's responsibility to clean up the mess. So in your book once people have drowned and everything is left in total chaos, then it's the responsibility of the federal government to take action? When disaster strikes, the lives of thousands hang on a thread ready to break at any minute, and the least you could expect is for aid to arrive within hours, but for God's sake why did it take DAYS??!!

I agree with you on the fact that the mayor of New Orleans, the governor of Lousiana, and local official have a large share of blame on this situation, but there's absolutely no denial that the federal government as well as Bush are also to blame for the lack of effectiveness to respond to an emergency of this kind.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is no Federal Government on Earth that could have EVER responded to this situation fast enough....

Hence, Jingles, why the light needs to be shined on what the Locals did, as they KNEW FULL WELL that there was no way to get in quickly to help these people once the flooding hit....

Look it up, man. It is a documented fact that the Mayor, as well as the Governor, knew that if this Hurricane hit, that thousands would perish.

I do not know what else could have been done on a Federal level to get in quicker. I wish that I had the answers, but I don't. The only answer that I have is that the people should have been evacuated, as again, all in the know knew that this was a disaster just waiting to happen....


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

Messenger Of Leah wrote:

It's off topic a bit, but Celine listed Freddie Mercury as her only inspiration.


really?


haha, me and my sissy used to be fans of her but then my sissy died...i dont like to hear celines voice anymore bc it reminds me of the hospital.

but props to her for thinking so kindly towwards them. although im not a fan of her anymore, this is good to hear.



i heard p-diddy donated $1 million


Yeah, Freddie is the only person she said she's influenced by, but she did once say to her manager/husband (who is a very old man) "I'd like to be as famous as Michael Jackson" but other things, she claims Freddie as an INSPIRATION. :) Which is nice!!!


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I recall once Celine Dion saying that AC/DC was her favorite band...

...btw, did anyone ever see her rendition of 'You Shook Me All Night Long'? It was absolutely horrendous, but at the same time so bad that is funny. It was somewhere in the Top 10 of VH1 Least Metal Moments.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I recall once Celine Dion saying that AC/DC was her favorite band...

...btw, did anyone ever see her rendition of 'You Shook Me All Night Long'? It was absolutely horrendous, but at the same time so bad that is funny. It was somewhere in the Top 10 of VH1 Least Metal Moments.


That sounds painful......


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery