Forums > Queen - General Discussion > the Freddie Mercury box set

forum rss feed
Author

bohemianrhapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From what I gather, there's a 10 CD / 2 DVD box set available for sale. Does anyone know if I can get it in the United States? I've only seen it for sale at Brian May's website, and the only currency accepted is British pounds, which puts me in a bit of a quandry. If anyone can help me acquire a mint-condition copy, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a chance that you could get someone in the UK to buy you a copy, send them cash by any means and then get the boxset sent over to yourself? The only thing after that would be to pay a conversion service to turn the PAL vids to NTSC. Something I know can be done quite easily with dvd video!

Peace,
Adam.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, or if you have a computer DVD drive, it will play PAL discs without a problem. The Freddie DVDs are region free.

It is cheaper to get the PAL version. I got mine from Amazon UK for $151 and then they took off another $30 because my slipcase is slightly crushed on the corners.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004YTWM/qid=1126005406/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_11_3/026-8925439-4238037

Currently it converts to about $182 though.

MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

try ebay

"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´m from argentina... there many stores here that have it... and it´s really cheap... only $325 (Argentine pesos) which is a bit more than U$D 100... so if I were you, I´d find a way to get from here...

;)

bye!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=CD&title=516076

Pretty decent, though they were selling it for £60 earlier in the year.

Peace,
Adam.

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Be sure that you are getting the UK import. The USA had a box set version, but it's a pathetic reissue of the albums with nothing new. I downloaded most of the set off Limewire but will eventually buy the set completely. $250 is outrageous for anyone else, but for Queen or solo-Queen, it's worth the attempt.

Oh yeah, if you haven't heard tracks like 'Love Making Love' and 'Holding On', you are in for a real treat. Freddie's death has been horrible in a million ways, but the one single positive that there is, is that he wasn't able to prevent the release of these genious demo tracks. It's amazing to me that his solo career didn't explode like it should have.