forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry, I have a favour to ask of you.

Could you tell me what these two song titles (by t.a.t.y.) mean in English, literally?

"Nichya"

"Obizienka Nol"

Thanks.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

T.aT.y?

or you mean T.a.T.u?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nichya = Draw (in the sport) or No-one's, Nobody's - about man/woman/item
Obizienka Nol = Monkey Zero

On Russian title of the band writes as T.a.T.y., on English they're T.a.T.u. And tatu - is tatoo, though there are different meanings of their name (including one sexual).

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Julia (with dark hair) has a child. I've talked with her once a couple years ago (no, her child is done not by me!).

inu-liger

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucky you, Sergey!

Anyways, thanks for the translations.
If I could find that "Nichya" demo MP3 that they leaked out last year, that would be awesome.

inu-liger

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

T.aT.y?

or you mean T.a.T.u?

As Serry explained, in Russian they write t.a.t.y., but in English, t.A.T.u.
The reason they did that in English is because some other band/act already had the t.a.t.y. name~!

I wrote t.a.t.y. though, since I figured Sergey would be more familiar with that version.

inu-liger

Posted: 06 Sep 05, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pussy_control wrote:

T.A.T.U. arn't even real lesbians, their manager paid them to be like that to get money. They filed a lawsuit against him so they could stop doing the lesbian acts... as their contracts say they must. One of them even has a child now.

I don't think they necessarily filed a lawsuit against him. They fired him, and replaced him with someone else, so they don't have to do the lesbian act anymore.

Btw. I heard their new album, "Dangerous And Moving", which comes out in October, and I must say it's one of the best new albums I've heard this year (next to Queen and Paul Rodgers' "Return Of The Champions"!)

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haven't heard their last album, I just have seen "All about us" video (uncensored version).

Actually I don't know what they're gonna release outside Russia, since they were rerecorded their previously released songs for releasing them outside Russia, so maybe I've heard some of these new songs in their Russian versions. For instance, their hit "All the things she said" (or something like that) was released in Russia much earlier than in Europe and America and it was sung on Russian and called "I went crazy" (not exact translation).

And about Julia - she was an actress (when she was about 10, I think) before became singer. And one little detail - she really likes posing top-less for photos! :)

inu-liger

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Haven't heard their last album, I just have seen "All about us" video (uncensored version).

Actually I don't know what they're gonna release outside Russia, since they were rerecorded their previously released songs for releasing them outside Russia, so maybe I've heard some of these new songs in their Russian versions. For instance, their hit "All the things she said" (or something like that) was released in Russia much earlier than in Europe and America and it was sung on Russian and called "I went crazy" (not exact translation).

Ah yes, "Ya Shosla S Uma"!

And about Julia - she was an actress (when she was about 10, I think) before became singer. And one little detail - she really likes posing top-less for photos! :)

Julia's the one with black hair, right? If it is, that doesn't surprise me that she likes to pose topless.

inu-liger

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Tampon Tea<br><font size=1>I'm sexy! wrote:

Uma Thurman. She rulez.

Cheers.

Mr. Tampon Tea.

What does she have to do with t.A.T.u.?

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Uma is an Indian name and India is just below Russia which is where t.a.t.u come from.

Failing that Uma Thurman's father was a Buddhist scholar and Buddhism is one of the many faiths that our Russian friends subscribe to.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

pussy_control wrote:

T.A.T.U. arn't even real lesbians, their manager paid them to be like that to get money. They filed a lawsuit against him so they could stop doing the lesbian acts... as their contracts say they must. One of them even has a child now.

I don't think they necessarily filed a lawsuit against him. They fired him, and replaced him with someone else, so they don't have to do the lesbian act anymore.

Btw. I heard their new album, "Dangerous And Moving", which comes out in October, and I must say it's one of the best new albums I've heard this year (next to Queen and Paul Rodgers' "Return Of The Champions"!)

To be honest, I wouldn't mind putting my head between either of their legs. LOL!

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
inu-liger

Posted: 07 Sep 05, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iGSM wrote:

Well Uma is an Indian name and India is just below Russia which is where t.a.t.u come from.

Failing that Uma Thurman's father was a Buddhist scholar and Buddhism is one of the many faiths that our Russian friends subscribe to.

Ah!

OIC, it was otherwise a pun, which went over my head.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:)

Keep clean everybody.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!