Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Official UK release(s) for Queen+Paul Rodgers

forum rss feed
Author

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah its should be good. As mR. Scully points out on his web site though, there has been some editing out of speeches, overdubbing on one or two songs and Lose Yourself has been missed off.

Dislocate your spine...
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, a shame that it got delayed another week for you guys.

JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeffrey Todd wrote:

Yes, a shame that it got delayed another week for you guys.

Does this only count for the UK or for (almost) the whole of Europe ?

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 05, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who cares if "Lose Yourself" isn't on there? It's not part of the set list. It's a backing tape for pete's sake!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

Who cares if "Lose Yourself" isn't on there? It's not part of the set list. It's a backing tape for pete's sake!

True, but the song is a real atmosphere builder. They had to cut it from the Hyde Park DVD because it was shared on dimeadozen, and when I watched the video, the show didn't seem the same without it.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't understand that issue with dimeadozen. The version used in the concert is not the complete track but a mix of the first verse + the chorus line serveral times. If what is not allowed are portions of songs that are available elsewhere, Bohemian Rhapsody 'Operatic section' must be cut as well. And ditto with God Save The Queen. And if they get paranoid, Radio GaGa and Days Of Our Lives must be out too! :-)
Anyway, I still love dimeadozen very much! :-)

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Who cares if "Lose Yourself" isn't on there? It's not part of the set list. It's a backing tape for pete's sake"

I do - because unlike you, I have witnessed the 2005 concerts and I know how important Lose Yourself was. Certainly much more than the IABD remix which I like but I don't mind it's not on the DVD.

sbrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm totally amazed. They're going to put Imagine on the DVD? How awesome! I never thought I'd hear a good quality copy of this.
If only Under Pressure was there too.

Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die
sbrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and BTW....isn't this about the 3rd live version of Show Must Go On? It was on GH3 and FM Tribute. Someone was writing hyperbole in the press release....

Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

"Who cares if "Lose Yourself" isn't on there? It's not part of the set list. It's a backing tape for pete's sake"

I do - because unlike you, I have witnessed the 2005 concerts and I know how important Lose Yourself was. Certainly much more than the IABD remix which I like but I don't mind it's not on the DVD.

Spare me the "I'm special cuz I went to the concert and you didn't" crap.

"Lose Yourself" is a shit rap track that SOMEHOW you think is some major part of a Queen ROCK show. Geez, how many concerts play pre-recorded music before the show begins? I guess every friggin band should include a jukebox on every live album they release from now on. Afterall, they're sooooooooooo important.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Lose yourself" is not only a track played before the show, like IABD remix, Feel like making love (banjo-ish version), Sweet child of mine or that awful cover of WWRY in german (I believe). It's quite an atmosphere builder and it is part of the show, since the lights go out before it and the light show starts with it, it's even synchronized to the beat and rocks the hell out of the audience. It's not a Queen track, of course, but it's pretty much an intro as was One Vision in the Magic Tour. I'm with you in this one, Martin... and yeah, maybe it's easier to picture this when you've been there, who knows? I wouldn't have imagined listening to Eminem IN a Queen+ show and actually enjoying it but I think it's going to sound and look incomplete, because the track segues almost right into Reaching Out.

I'll just have to look at the DVD, but I don't think there's going to be any initial cheer and/or tension building if that part is cut out. You'll just press PLAY and then there's Paul Rodgers singing. We'll have to wait and see, I guess...

See ya,

Wiley

pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lose Yourself was as important to this tour as Machines was for The Works Tour, One Vision prerecorded intro was for Magic Tour, Cozy Powell track was for Brian '98 tour, A Day At The Races intro was for '77 tour, Procession, Flash,..... and so on.
The venue lights went off, stage lights started to work, Eminem track was on full volume and Brian's guitar riff around the end was one of the highlights of the gig. You like it or not, Lose Yourself was the first track of QPR European Tour 2005.

YourValentine user is on Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 05, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's true. I strongly dislike Eminem and everything he stands for but there is no doubt that Lose Yourself was part of the show. Nobody who was there would seriously deny that.

I do not want any google ads here.