Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > QZE: News Of The World; News Of The Maffia

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting interpretations, but I don't think it's a concept album. Brian once said how All Dead is about his childhood cat who died, and I think I recall him saying WWRY is about some kind of aggression. But we really don't have a clue about what most of the others are about, do we?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Interesting interpretations,

i agree. they are. very

and can i have a few gramms of whatever the writer has been taking lately?

go deo na hÉireann
Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Interesting interpretations,

i agree. they are. very

and can i have a few gramms of whatever the writer has been taking lately?

:D LOL!

Feed the Phoenix :)
chewing gum bum user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord of all Darkness needs to stop staying up all night being the Lord of all Darkness and go to bed and get some rest like a good little boy. Your mind is playing tricks on you. And I think you really need to do some research on Queens' music and what their lyrics are about. For example, EVERYBODY here knows Fat Bottomed Girls is really about the apocolypse and how God will end the world by dropping big assed women on mankind. Could that God be Mustapha? Come on kid, get with it!

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don`t think it`s a conceptual album because to make sense you have to change the sequence of the songs. "We are the Champions" is the second song of the album, so to make sense in your story you have to put it last!

Of course, in the end you can make an history out of it because the songs are about trivial subjects, but in what music is concern i don`t see a link between them that leads me to say that this is a conceptual album, and in my opinion Freddie would think that the idea of making a conceptual album was "boring".

Take care

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord of Darkness needs to stop refering to himself in the third person. And as for Chewing Gum Bum? It was taken from the song Drowse from ADATR. If you were any kind of a Queen fan you would know that! I think we should rename you the Lord of Dorkness. Much more suitable for a little kid like you.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

what next "I found out Flash Gordon would be an ideal movie!"? *sigh*

Are you released from the TBS clinic called 'Het Softhijsje" already? Damn...

Leave him be. Dennis, great work.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chewing gum bum wrote:

The Lord of Darkness needs to stop refering to himself in the third person. And as for Chewing Gum Bum? It was taken from the song Drowse from ADATR. If you were any kind of a Queen fan you would know that! I think we should rename you the Lord of Dorkness. Much more suitable for a little kid like you.

They should call you Chewing Scum Bag.

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sticks and stones Rick...

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chewing gum bum wrote:

Lord of All DANKNESS sounds better

go deo na hÉireann
Insomni@ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 340 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

After listening carefully to the lyrics, I came to think that this album might contain a story. Just like Queen I and Queen II. A second rock opera from Queen. I believe this story tells the rise and the fall of a maffia boss. How his total love for humanity has been killed and how he himself turned crazy and against humanity. And finally killed by another maffia gang. I believe most of the songs are about his youth.

1. We Will Rock You
It tells that from his youth on he wanted to become a big guy. No matter if it would drag him in mud. From childshood on he wanted power.
2. Sheer Heart Attack
He's a teenager, wants to explore things and get's to know the wrong people. He has to kill someone as an order from his gang/mafia. Killing someone releases a great power wich he finds attrackting. The news papers said the murder was a heart attack.
3. Spread Your Wings
He has an appartement a parttime job, but got to find something different. He's depressed.
4. Fight From The Inside
His inner fight.
5. Get Down Make Love
He meets a girl, and has a one-night stand.
Wich after all didn't became a one-night stand after all. He loves her very mutch and tries to control his agrression because he has her and doesn't want to give her a reason to leave.
6. Who Needs You
This song is from the eyes of his girlfriend. He discovers her friends true job and what he does when he's not home. She doesn't wants to be involved with that kind of bussiness.
7. It's Late
The girl leaves. "It's to late" to change his live. she made him think wether he lived right. But it doesn't care while it's to late. She leaves the house while images from his mafia live has been seen. She packs her bags and shuts the door finally. He get's awfully mad and releases his aggresion again. In this aggression he breaks down all the furniture in his appartement.
8. My Melonchaly Blues
In the middle of all his mess he sits there crying of his loss.
9. All Dead, All Dead
The girl is dead. you see images of the graveyard where she is being burried. During the ending song you see images of him killing her out of pure anger. He has lost all his sympathy.
10. Sleeping On The Sidewalk
His appartement owner threw him out of his appartement. And now he get's back in the awful Mafia world. During the song you see images of his actions, killings and exct.
11. We Are The Champions
This song is his ending. It is meant ironically. You see him being tortured by another gang. His head being pressed under water, a finger being cut off him being hit. Near the ending you see a body being thrown in the water.

This is a good one!!!Nice story...I like stories about Mafia :))))

It's a long hard struggle

But you can always depend on me

And if you're ever in trouble

You know where I will be

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chewing gum bum wrote:

Sticks and stones Rick...

I love you too, sweetheart.

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Rick wrote:

the_hero wrote:

Oh my... that was pretty lame. :-(

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

I don`t think it`s a conceptual album because to make sense you have to change the sequence of the songs. "We are the Champions" is the second song of the album, so to make sense in your story you have to put it last!

Of course, in the end you can make an history out of it because the songs are about trivial subjects, but in what music is concern i don`t see a link between them that leads me to say that this is a conceptual album, and in my opinion Freddie would think that the idea of making a conceptual album was "boring".

Take care

How can you know what Freddie would have thought?

Well, according to Roy Thomas Backer(?) Freddie would get bored very quickly (even Freddie says that about songwriting- After a few minutes on working on a song if he felt he didn`t have a song he would leave it right away!)- and that`s why the end of Killer Queen is so abrupt (in his words). Freddie was a fast worker in the studio, and i mean, you can tell by is personallity that he`s not the man that sits down working on an entire conceptual album, but hey, in the end it could be, but in my opinion NOTW is not a conceptual album because of what i said in the other post.

Take care

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope this is another one of Darkness's wind up stories like (Urk 83). This NotW storyline is less intelligent than the the "BoRhap is about Aids" storyline. I hope Darkness is not crazy enough to actually believe that NotW is a concept album.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 09 Sep 05, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One the other hand, there may now be a reason for the crap plot of the WWRY musical:

Darkness sold the storyline to Ben Elton.

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 10 Sep 05, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[Jay] wrote:

<font color=green>Rick wrote:

the_hero wrote:

Oh my... that was pretty lame. :-(

Softhijsje is brilliant.

Offcourse, but nobody understands it.

Posted: 10 Sep 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

One the other hand, there may now be a reason for the crap plot of the WWRY musical:

They should sell you on E-bay.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 10 Sep 05, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Why do you immediatly start fights?

Have I insulted you in this topic?

I mean, come on do you want to use every opportunity to insult me? perhaps it would be easier if I'd explain you the goal of this messageboard "To talk bout Queen, and to meet new Queen fans" not to get into fights whenever you read something from someone you don't like.

I had ignored this topic even though it is the biggest pile of shit to hit Queenzone in a long time ... but then you out of the blue you gave an excuse to respond ...

I ignored you for at least a week and then I get this ...

Posted: 9/9/2005 7:40:01 PM
It's Rip...
You know the one from who Hannibal ate the brains out. And when he got burried there was a huge stone having his name (RIP).

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=612749

Yeah - you have been a model citizen lately LOL.

Any one who seriously presents NotW as a concept album and belives it to be true has a major head problem.

Are you really surprised by the negative response you got from this topic?

This topic is so bogus it is just asking to be flamed.