Forums > Personal > It's been four years....

forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since September 11th, 2001.

:(


"Brian May, Freddie will."
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, four years have passed since this terrible and tragic terrorist attacks on innocent people in NY happend... God bless their souls!!!

But where is Osama Bin Laden?


Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hiding in a cave somewhere....or dead...no-one knows.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...?



Just because 50 people don't jump up and relpy at once doesn't mean that no one cares. I care, and I know that a lot of people care because you can see it on the news and all around you. They had four minutes of silence this morning, and more events to show remembrance. I think that the reason why know one is replying is because they do not know what to say. I honestly don't know what to say other than that this was a sad tragic event to so many innocent people who lost their lives and to their family and friends who were close to them. Either that or I think that everyone pretty much has the same stuff to say, so no one wants to say it since other people have. I think the best we can do is just simply remember all those innocent people who lost their lives. And, I don't think that the only reason why we will remember is because of this thread. I don't think anyone will forget.

However, I am not saying it is a bad thing to have this thread. It is very thoughtful. I just think that you are misunderstanding the few replies to be something bad.


"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just watched 2 documentaries about the 9/11 attacks with facts, stories and archive footage. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Horrible.




Killed by drones.
*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*hugs* there will be peace one day...the family and friends of the deceased are still in my prayers...*moment of silence*...


Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster



"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...?


Last August 6th there were no threads related to Hiroshima bombings that happened exactly 60 years ago.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...?


Last August 6th there were no threads related to Hiroshima bombings that happened exactly 60 years ago.


Yeah! How dare you guys let that pass by us fans of Japan!

My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not a day has passed without thinking about the victims involved in various things such as wars, terros, natural disasters, traffic accidents and so on...


Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...?


Maybe people are finally beginning to move on. That has to be a good thing.


When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...?


Last August 6th there were no threads related to Hiroshima bombings that happened exactly 60 years ago.


Yeah! How dare you guys let that pass by us fans of Japan!


The Hiroshima bombings were not an attack against Japan, but rather an attack against humanity itself. Innocent Japanese citizens had to pay a high cost for the ruthless behavior and countless number of war crimes including destruction, genocide, and rape of the Japanese army against all the nations they conquered in the Pacific.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I subscribe to the theory that the Atomic bomb attacks on Japan were more of a warning to the Soviet Union. Japan was bolloxed anyway. The US and Allied Navies were blockading most Japanese ports so that oil and other raw materials were in very short supply. Considering the cost of the bombs, financially as well as physically, it would probably have been cheaper to drag the blockade out for a few more months and end the war that way. I personally believe there was never a need for allied troops to assault mainland Japan - the main reason given for dropping the bombs.

I think it was Trueman letting Stalin know just what was in the Allied armoury and to keep his eyes off Western Europe and the Far East. I might be completely wrong but that wouldn't be a first!




Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob The Shrek wrote:

I subscribe to the theory that the Atomic bomb attacks on Japan were more of a warning to the Soviet Union. Japan was bolloxed anyway. The US and Allied Navies were blockading most Japanese ports so that oil and other raw materials were in very short supply. Considering the cost of the bombs, financially as well as physically, it would probably have been cheaper to drag the blockade out for a few more months and end the war that way. I personally believe there was never a need for allied troops to assault mainland Japan - the main reason given for dropping the bombs.

I think it was Trueman letting Stalin know just what was in the Allied armoury and to keep his eyes off Western Europe and the Far East. I might be completely wrong but that wouldn't be a first!



I think you are right on Truman Bob!!! That was one old fart I'd not mess with.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The idea is to learn from history so that the same mistakes are not made again - something that we fail to do quite often.


Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" This is a joke. 5 replies? I usually hate threads that are 15 pages long but this is a memorial for those who died in the september 11th attacks!! Does no one else care? or is there another thread and I just missed it...? "

Dude, don't be too harsh. When it's a thread called "Knoxville is a turd", it's quick, easy and cheap to come up with a two sentence reply.
On a thread like this, what the hell can you say that won't be contrived, or forced, or whatever? Other than RIP maybe... I dunno. When I think about 9/11, I'm not like other people. I don't go "I BLAME AMERICA", I don't go "THOSE FILTHY ARABS". I just sigh. How can a 15 page thread help what happened?


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

r.i.p 9/11/


oo la la