Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Let Me Live (Original Version) - FLAC

forum rss feed
Author

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is my first torrent. I'm glad I can give something back at last. YV told me someone had requested it so here it goes.

This is the original version of Let Me Live as it appears in my supposedly withdrawn Made In Heaven CD that was previously available only as an MP3 (uploaded by me, some years ago). There was another older MP3 but the source was a promo cassette from the USA, I believe. This was ripped to WAV using Nero and then encoded into FLAC with Frontend.

This was just a promo copy and not available. I'm not sure if it counts as official but I've been told it doesn't. I should be seeding for a while. If I go down I'll go back up some hours later till more users have it.

See ya...

Wiley

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Queen - Let Me Live (Original Version).flac.torrent 2 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 1391 time(s).

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many thanks, JC. It will be nice to have this in lossless format.

I do not want any google ads here.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for this!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You wonderful person, you! I love this song and have loved this version ever since you posted that MP3. If there's anything I can do for you, name it. I'll try my best to help you out in the future.

Wow, what an upload. FLAC!!

Peace,
Adam.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Woooooooooow.... Many, many thanks! :-D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent!

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!!! Does this happen to be the same version someone posted a couple weeks ago, which they called the "alternate" version?

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hehehe :). You don't have to do anything for me Adam. I didn't pay for that CD (I got it as a gift, but I did pay for another copy of MIH before that) so it costs me nothing to make it available.

I've had it for some years now, at least 6 or 7 and I haven't heard of someone else having it aswell. I emailed the fan club back in 1999 and Jacky told me "hmmm, yeah, you could say it's rare, right" but didn't sound too convincing, like JSS' "nice but nothing special" now popular quote, hehe :). Then I uploaded it in MP3 (no-one believed I had it, btw) and suddenly everybody wanted a higher bitrate version. I think I uploaded a 128 and a 192 (or 256? don't remember) version of the MP3. FLAC was not known at that time (at least, not by me) and actually I could not understand why would somebody want a larger file for a song which "sounded" the same to me. Now I understand the difference and I prefer FLAC.

I'm not too greedy or anything. I wish I had more material but I'm not obsessed with it (well, maybe every couple of months or so). I don't even have Houston, which I've heard it should be leaking somewhere in the near future but I'm sure this has been said before. Maybe I could have made a trade with this CD (or even the song, which some people find so interesting) but if I were going to do it, I would have done it by now, so there you go.

I just want to talk about it a bit. Am I the only one who has THIS CD?? On this board, I mean. I know we don't usually discuss much about downloads, but since I uploaded this one and I've had it for some time now, I would like to hear something about it.

Wiley

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

I just want to talk about it a bit. Am I the only one who has THIS CD?? On this board, I mean. I know we don't usually discuss much about downloads, but since I uploaded this one and I've had it for some time now, I would like to hear something about it.

Wiley

I think you are the only one on this board indeed.

Craft user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you! Promo songs are always great stuff.

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the withdrawn Mexican CD and the US promo cassette, both of which have that very same version. The Hollywood Records cassette is an advance listening copy of the whole album (including Track 13), so the inclusion of the original version of Let Me Live comes as no surprise. But the reason for that elusive Mexican CD having it was a mistery to me until I learned that the disc itself was manufactured by Capitol USA (the matrix number is typical from their plants: DIDP-099139). Capitol takes special requests from other labels but they need the masters with a lot of time in advance, so the one EMI sent to them still contained that version of Let Me Live.

By the way, this IS official stuff!!! ;-)

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh well.....whatever it is...this is a great version.Thank you!

The only one cd sigle i own from Queen is "Let me Live" why do they put in the cd 3 old queen songs while they could have added this special "soul" version instead?

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cheers - will give it a listen

go deo na h√Čireann
Wilki Amieva

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman wrote:

oh well.....whatever it is...this is a great version.Thank you!

The only one cd sigle i own from Queen is "Let me Live" why do they put in the cd 3 old queen songs while they could have added this special "soul" version instead?

In fact, that version was withdrawn for copyright reasons, as it was found too similar to Janis Joplin's song Piece Of My Heart.

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you.

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
Wilki Amieva

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, Wiley, I am looking for the Mexican pressing of the INNUENDO CD and also for the LIVE AT THE BOWL Mexican CD sampler by Loft Magazine. Can you get hold of these?

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this lossless version!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you. I like this track and long thought this is one of Brians finst guitar licks.

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to have the Innuendo one some years ago. It has de vinyl edits, right?. For about 7 or 8 years being a Queen fan I thought Bijou lasted only for a little over one minute. Really! hehe :).

I haven't seen that version of the CD recently. Just imports. The one I have at the moment I bought it as a discount but it was made in Holland.

I should try to see if they have the mexican one in some other store. I'll get back to you if I see one (I mean, two, of course, hehe :))

Wiley

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 05, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we´ve just talked about it recently,and here it is.thanks a lot.can´t await to hear your contribution to the queenworld and hope to see you soon.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.