Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Arlene...WTF!!!

forum rss feed
Author

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene wrote:

"However....Brian REGULARLY CROWS about this show on his website, and supposedly even co-wrote one of the songs was it..that Mig sang last week?

I don't think more than 2 days go by without Brian going off about how wonderful the show is, and Brian reviewing it la da la da, and it's very obvious Brian LOVES the exposure the show gives to Queen's music, via the contestant's covering Queen songs, and Mig from WWRY being a contestant.

....Then...all of a sudden today...Brian finds the show's concept morbid and doesn't like it. After WEEKS of NUMEROUS CROWING.

I repeat....WTF!!!!!!"

I just visited Brian's site, and even though he REGULARLY CROWS about the show, and it's obvious he LOVES the exposure, and more obviously finds the show's concept morbid, after WEEKS OF NUMEROUS CROWING, I didn't see ONE mention EVER from Brian's soapbox about the INXS show until his post a few days days ago. So my question to you is:

Where are these crowings, and WTF are you reading?


You know, good times are now.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your answers can be found below:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Tyrone_Biggums.jpg

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Spot on response Pieter!


You know, good times are now.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear you must be reading a website by someone also named Brian May and not THE Brian May from Queen, because EVERY week, there are news items on Brian's website about Rock Star: INXS, about Mig, about what contestant is singing a Queen song, yada, yada.

WTF INDEED! :)

Oh...and Open your eyeballs, next time when you read through Brian's website.

Sometimes he posts it on Queen news, sometimes on letters, sometimes on Brian news, sometimes on the soapbox section itself, but every week there is news...more so than on Queenzone.

Here we debate about it, but on Brian's site he gives news.

Ok..I am going to the store, buying you prescription READING glasses.... LOL


xyz
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

because EVERY week, there are news items on Brian's website about Rock Star: INXS, about Mig, about what contestant is singing a Queen song, yada, yada.

Sometimes he posts it on Queen news, sometimes on letters, sometimes on Brian news, sometimes on the soapbox section itself.


Brian has only answered a couple of letters on his letters page in the last few months. Brian does not post news articles, Jen does. Brian has barely mentioned it himself. So infact Brian has not been going on and on about it. Perhaps you should check your facts.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

because EVERY week, there are news items on Brian's website about Rock Star: INXS, about Mig, about what contestant is singing a Queen song, yada, yada.

Sometimes he posts it on Queen news, sometimes on letters, sometimes on Brian news, sometimes on the soapbox section itself.


Brian has only answered a couple of letters on his letters page in the last few months. Brian does not post news articles, Jen does. Brian has barely mentioned it himself. So infact Brian has not been going on and on about it. Perhaps you should check your facts.


When I say Brian, I don't literally mean he nec. posts it. You know I mean Jen, Brian, whoever..but his website..has news and I do read it daily dear...

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?....Why start a thread directed at me, when all I did was post to a topic, which you and BHM could have both done. No need to start a 2nd thread about the same subject, when you could save space and not clog up the board with a duplicate thread...when you could have easily put your response to my post in the thread about Rock Star INXS where I made my comment that is copied into this topic.

Just wasting space dear....when you can post on THAT thread.


xyz
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene wrote:



Brian REGULARLY CROWS about this show on his website


You wrote it, not me. I disagree with alot of what Brian has to say but don't slam him for something that he has not even said. You are putting words in his mouth.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock Star INXS News on Brian's website...

...just from September alone, dated 9/6, 9/7, 9/8 then his letter 9/11 just for September alone.

More news, August 31, August 29, August 27, August 26, August 25, and so on.

Maybe you should do YOUR facts...actually, you just want to believe what you want to believe.

Go check all of these dates on his website.


xyz
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes they are news articles that Jen posted, not Brian. Brian has never praised the show on his website.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once again, as you are a journalist, Arlene:

You said, "Brian REGULARLY CROWS about this show on his website." No he doesn't.

You said, "I don't think more than 2 days go by without Brian going off about how wonderful the show is." He has never done this once, and never commented in 2 months.

You said, "Brian reviewing it la da la da." He's never said anything about it, let alone review it.

You said, "....Then...all of a sudden today...Brian finds the show's concept morbid and doesn't like it. After WEEKS of NUMEROUS CROWING." He had done no crowing about it, ever.

You're being called out as your reporter role should be held to a higher standard. You're posting as fact what is 100% fiction. In fact, there is nothing true in your original post about Brian going on. Therefore, WTF.


You know, good times are now.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hurah to BHM 0271

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BHM 0271 wrote:


You're posting as fact what is 100% fiction.


And in that regard, she isn't any different than any other journalist.


Blow it out your ass.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BHM 0271 wrote:

Once again, as you are a journalist, Arlene:

You said, "Brian REGULARLY CROWS about this show on his website." No he doesn't.

You're being called out as your reporter role should be held to a higher standard. You're posting as fact what is 100% fiction. In fact, there is nothing true in your original post about Brian going on. Therefore, WTF.


one minor point - Brian is responsible for the comments posted on HIS website. It's not 'Jen's' website - it's BrianMay.com (or whatever) - so therefore +he (by default) endorses the comments expressed through his vehicle

your comments are tanatamount to saying that if a dog bites someone then the owner isn't liable...v.odd, indeed


go deo na h√Čireann
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Arlene still posts links to sites we would all go to anyway?

Thanks for confirming it...

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's fine Brenski, but that's not what Arlene is saying. If Jen posts a link about Brian's alleged collaboration with Mig, is Brian crowing? If there's a note about WATC being played on RockStar INXS, is Brian crowing? If Brian's never said one word about the show, do you think he's REGULARLY CROWING about it? If you do, THAT'S v. odd.


You know, good times are now.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, I seem to recall reading Brian's comments on brianmay.com--from posted interviews as I recall or maybe in his responses to letters to Brian's Soapbox--where people ask him to support someone on (insert locality here) Idol, and his response is that he DOESN'T like such shows, and gives his reasons why.

Some of the stuff that Jen posts falls under what she categorizes as (something like) "music industry news and news from 'out there'" and I think that's where some X Idol and INXS Scrounging for New Lead Singer show notices have been posted as "industry news" not as "this just in from the lips of Brian May!"

I agree it can be confusing, but it is my understanding that Brian's input is limited to "Brian's Soapbox"


I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene, you lose.
When someone crows, they are expressing emotion or opinion. The 'news' about the show is just bland facts.

Brenski, neither Brian nor Jen are dogs.


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Your answers can be found below:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Tyrone_Biggums.jpg


Is this the 5:00 free crack giveaway??
I don't know if y'all know this, but Arlene smokes rocks...

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 05, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and the news section don't have anything to do with each other, though...he writes his Soapbox, the rest is in Jen's hands. How could he be crowing about the show if he has no responsibility for the articles being posted? Anything having to do with Queen, even the tiniest detail of Robbie Williams singing We Will Rock You on Live 8 or something like that is put up there - not because of Brian's opinions on the subjects, but because it's news.


Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 05, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Brian and the news section don't have anything to do with each other, though...he writes his Soapbox, the rest is in Jen's hands. How could he be crowing about the show if he has no responsibility for the articles being posted? Anything having to do with Queen, even the tiniest detail of Robbie Williams singing We Will Rock You on Live 8 or something like that is put up there - not because of Brian's opinions on the subjects, but because it's news. "

This apparently is for some journalists *caugh, caugh* too difficult to understand...