Forums > Personal > bullies kill father of victim, 13'

forum rss feed
Author

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i read this today in the newspaper, its shocking!

"a dad was stabbed through the heart after confronting two teenage thugs who bullied his 13-year-old son, the 35yr old man went looking for the yobs after they alledgedly turned up at his home to intimidate his son.
he had phoned the police but been put on hold. minutes later he staggered back to the block of flats in brixton, south london, with a knife wound to his chest. the father died soon afterwards in hospital. His son told the court that a 14yr old boy had bullied him for days to steal £20.00 and to hand over a computer game. the court heard that the alleged bully threatened to kill the boys dad and later came to his home with a 16yr old".

sorry about the long post, but i thought it was such a sad story.

oo la la
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 05, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's awful...I don't know what's wrong with some people...

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's horrid... Britain needs to implement a death penalty for scum like this.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure, FGT, something like that would never happen in the USA with all the death penalty preventing it...

I do not want any google ads here.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't you have something else to say FreddiesGhettoTrench, than telling us how good the American system is??

This is such a sad story... Unbelievable that such things happen.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is against EU law to have the death penalty.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Sure, FGT, something like that would never happen in the USA with all the death penalty preventing it...

absolutely right Barbara!! it's NO deterrent

but look at the positive - you don't get repeat offenders

go deo na h√Čireann
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddiesGhettoTrench wrote:

That's horrid... Britain needs to implement a death penalty for scum like this.

Of course in the eyes of a right wing extremist, the American justice system under ultra-conservative rule is plain perfect.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I blame todays music

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
YourValentine

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005

In a landmark decision on the death penalty, the Supreme Court abolished the execution of juveniles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a 5 to 4 ruling yesterday, the Supreme Court abolished the death penalty for juveniles. The historic decision came in the Roper V. Simmons case out of Missouri which involved Christopher Simmons, who was 17 in 1993 when he tied up a woman and threw her from a bridge to her death. The Supreme Court decision overturned his death sentence declaring that the execution of juveniles violates the Eighth amendment's ban on cruel and unusual punishment. This decision could affect more than 70 death-row inmates who face execution for murders done when they were 16 or 17 years old. Justice Kennedy wrote the opinion for the majority. Chief Justice William Rehnquist and Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented.
In an unusual move, the Supreme Court ruling cited the "overwhelming weight of international opinion" in banning executions of those under 18. Justice Kennedy, noted that the U.S was the only country in the world that still officially permitted the execution of juveniles. He wrote that since 1990, only seven countries have executed persons under 18. They are Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo and China. However, all of these countries have since publicly disavowed the practice. Justice Kennedy also noted that the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child, which prohibits the juvenile death penalty, has been ratified by every country except Somalia and the United States.

But fellow justice Antonin Scalia assailed Kennedy's argument. Scalia took the unusual step of reading his 24-page dissent from the bench. He accused the court of "proclaiming itself sole arbiter of our nation's moral standards." Scalia disputed the notion that a national consensus on the juvenile death penalty has emerged and warned about taking into account international opinion.

Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist and Justice Clarence Thomas signed onto Scalia's dissent. Justice Sandra O'Connor issued a separate dissenting argument.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/02/154242

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Think about it. These people can ONLY get worse as they get older and stronger. Someone has already died because of these scumbags.

The Mir@cle

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're serious, aren't ya?? Oh my.. You're even worse then I thought you were.

Well, it's maybe better to lock you up too... You're already an extrimist and you ONLY get worse as you get older and stronger.

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005

In a landmark decision on the death penalty, the Supreme Court abolished the execution of juveniles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a 5 to 4 ruling yesterday, the Supreme Court abolished the death penalty for juveniles. The historic decision came in the Roper V. Simmons case out of Missouri which involved Christopher Simmons, who was 17 in 1993 when he tied up a woman and threw her from a bridge to her death. The Supreme Court decision overturned his death sentence declaring that the execution of juveniles violates the Eighth amendment's ban on cruel and unusual punishment. This decision could affect more than 70 death-row inmates who face execution for murders done when they were 16 or 17 years old. Justice Kennedy wrote the opinion for the majority. Chief Justice William Rehnquist and Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented.
In an unusual move, the Supreme Court ruling cited the "overwhelming weight of international opinion" in banning executions of those under 18. Justice Kennedy, noted that the U.S was the only country in the world that still officially permitted the execution of juveniles. He wrote that since 1990, only seven countries have executed persons under 18. They are Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo and China. However, all of these countries have since publicly disavowed the practice. Justice Kennedy also noted that the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child, which prohibits the juvenile death penalty, has been ratified by every country except Somalia and the United States.

But fellow justice Antonin Scalia assailed Kennedy's argument. Scalia took the unusual step of reading his 24-page dissent from the bench. He accused the court of "proclaiming itself sole arbiter of our nation's moral standards." Scalia disputed the notion that a national consensus on the juvenile death penalty has emerged and warned about taking into account international opinion.

Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist and Justice Clarence Thomas signed onto Scalia's dissent. Justice Sandra O'Connor issued a separate dissenting argument.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/02/154242

A very stupid decision. What makes it so a person who is 18 is mature enough to understand that they killed someone, but not someone who is 17 11/12?

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

European Union doesn't allow it? Wow.

Cool.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am actually pro death penalty when it comes to very serious crimes, and I think that anyone above 13 has the ability to consciously commit a very serious crime. Only after a lot of deliberation and a fair trial the death penalty might be given to a juvenile.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
The Mir@cle

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A guy of 13 years old is "cureable" and deserves a second chance... At that age, the parents are responsible and need to be punished in some way.

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So is Mary Bell.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
YourValentine

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I am actually pro death penalty when it comes to very serious crimes, and I think that anyone above 13 has the ability to consciously commit a very serious crime. Only after a lot of deliberation and a fair trial the death penalty might be given to a juvenile."

Looks like you have to move to Somalia if you want children executed because the rest of the world thinks that is really outrageous. But to be serious: Not executing criminals does not mean to let them go free. There are jails for juvenile criminals and there is therapy. Killing does not solve anything, it only brutalizes the society. The society has a right to be protected against convicted killers but killing them is not the answer. Just think about the 70 proven cases of wrongly executed alleged murderers in the Unites States - that alone is a reason to stop the killing.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't agree with killing any minor but rather putting them on death row. I think it's important to send these kids through rehab first. By the time they reach adulthood they could be given a trial in which their behavior through rehab will be analized. If they truly show conscience and regret of their actions, they could possibly be taken out of death row, and perhaps given a life sentence, or a lower the sentence for this matter.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You will find more times than not, children are a product of their environment. If a junvenille commits a crime, there should be a punishment but it should not be death. Take the child out of the environment they are currently in, attach a punishment to the crime (jail, detention center), but also provide rehabilitation and therapy. Juvenilles can be rehabilitated, especially if they can be released in to a healthy environment. This isn't the case in all situations, but the majority.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!