Forums > Personal > Don't you just hate it when...

forum rss feed
Author

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... some morons think that widescreen televisions should always be used in 16:9 format! Every single time I watch Formula 1 or tennis in some bar or restaurant, some idiot has streched the 4:3 picture to 16:9 and claims that "this is how it is supposed to be watched". He doesn't seem disturbed at all about the fact that everything in the screen looks terrible.

I know that I sound like that Pierre guy on Conan O'Brien, but evey time I see a streched 4:3 picture, I feel like destroying the whole tv set...

Anyone else who's annoyed by this?

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, my TV has and so do many other TV's. The problem is that those idiots I'm talking about intentionally switch to 16:9 to fill the whole screen.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and conversly, when they show footie froma country that doesn't do widescreen yet and you get two vetical bars down the side sof screen....and sometimes they even go so far as to pathetically 'colour them in'

go deo na h√Čireann
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH-1 needs to get a clue about this type of thing. Gene Simmons' Rock School is apparently shot 16:9 in the UK.. so instead of letterboxing it, the idiots squeeze it in to fill the 4:3 frame. It's rather annoying...

On my 4:3 TV I can access the secret adjustment menu nd squish things like this back to to how they should be, but it's a pain to have to do so.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18618 posts

Posted: 16 Sep 05, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Totally agree, 4:3 stretched looks like crap. But on the bright side, it's one way anorexics like Ally McBeal can look healthy for a while.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca