Forums > Personal > Green Day

forum rss feed
Author

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok I have to admit that I just now bought this CD. I'm HOOKED!! The whole freaking CD kicks butt. I loved Green Day a lot back when I was in college...1993-1997, but they sort of dropped off my fav list for a bit. They are back now!!! I've got the CD playing in my office right now and when the kids come in, they all know who it is and they think I'm "so cool" bc I listen to Green Day!!

I can only imagine how much fun their concerts are.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and 'WMUWSE' is a great song!!!


go deo na h√Čireann
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:



I can only imagine how much fun their concerts are.


Tell me about it, Lisser. I've been to concerts of over 20 different artists, and I have to say Green Day's was definitely one of a kind.

Due to the rise of ticket prices, I usually think twice about going to see an artist more than once. In Green Day's case I have to say that I can't wait to see them again. I was so hyper at that concert at Giants Stadium that I even got into the mosh pit once. I think what made the concert more memorable was the fact that never before I've been that close to the stage. I was less than 40 feet from Billie Joe Armstrong, and it was absolutely amazing to see the guys come on stage with everyone else around you screaming like maniacs.

I really hope they release the Milton Keynes DVD soon.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Lisser wrote:



I can only imagine how much fun their concerts are.


Tell me about it, Lisser. I've been to concerts of over 20 different artists, and I have to say Green Day's was definitely one of a kind.

Due to the rise of ticket prices, I usually think twice about going to see an artist more than once. In Green Day's case I have to say that I can't wait to see them again. I was so hyper at that concert at Giants Stadium that I even got into the mosh pit once. I think what made the concert more memorable was the fact that never before I've been that close to the stage. I was less than 40 feet from Billie Joe Armstrong, and it was absolutely amazing to see the guys come on stage with everyone else around you screaming like maniacs.

I really hope they release the Milton Keynes DVD soon.


I'll definitely buy it!!! Let me know if you see it before I do ok?

:)


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love American Idiot, but I'm not into their older music that much...I've never said that before, though - I'm afraid of the crazy fangirls that would love to crucify me for that...

The concert sounds great, though...I've talked to a few people that went and they all say it was awesome!


Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Holiday...yar.


Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 05, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same here. I'm so glad it wasn't overplayed here like they did to Boulevard Of Broken Dreams...the radio murdered that song.


Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The DVD is out on November 15th and is called Bullet in a Bible.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

The DVD is out on November 15th and is called Bullet in a Bible.


*lol* Nice title..

I wasn't expecting much when we saw Green Day live, but they ended up being one of the best live bands I ever saw..:-)

You need to introduce the kids to Queen, Lisser..;-)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

I love American Idiot, but I'm not into their older music that much...I've never said that before, though - I'm afraid of the crazy fangirls that would love to crucify me for that...


I totally agree.

I've been listening to those guys since 'Dookie', and lots of people might tell you that 'Dookie' was their best album, but honestly speaking Green Day has gotten better on every album they've put out ever since.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I mean, I listened to Dookie and it was good, but American Idiot's in a league of its own. It stood out so much from everything else out at the time and they weren't afraid at all to say what needed to be said. But then, of course, you get all the crazies going on about them selling out because Boulevard Of Broken Dreams gets played every four seconds...


Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to American Idiot for three months solid when I first got it. I'm trying my damndest to learn all the songs on guitar. I think they're dangerously close to becoming my second favourite band.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

The DVD is out on November 15th and is called Bullet in a Bible.


*lol* Nice title..

I wasn't expecting much when we saw Green Day live, but they ended up being one of the best live bands I ever saw..:-)

You need to introduce the kids to Queen, Lisser..;-)


The kids definitely know Queen!! Cameron especially! Anthony loves to watch Wembley on tv.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahhh Green Day... brings back some memorys for me. Have listened to them since I was in Elementary school. It seems wierd that they are still together after all these years. They are still just as good as they were in 92/93. They did go threw a few rough albums .. but I believe all bands do in some stage in their career (Queen - Hot Space, The Works.). But Im glad they have put out a few good ones within the last decade. Time of your life is another good song from a prior album. Alot of the problem with some of these recent songs ...maybe its just me and the area where I live but songs like Time of your life , and Wake me up when september ends , even when I come around or basket case they tend to get overplayed. But I still like em and I for one will never get tired of em.


Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

Yeah, I mean, I listened to Dookie and it was good, but American Idiot's in a league of its own. It stood out so much from everything else out at the time and they weren't afraid at all to say what needed to be said. But then, of course, you get all the crazies going on about them selling out because Boulevard Of Broken Dreams gets played every four seconds...


I know those stupid fans. Just about every single band has them.

- Green Day fans pissed off because they've moved away from underground punk, and then tried to mix different rock elements to make a punk opera. In a musical sense, that's call maturing.

- Metallica fans pissed off because they got tired of making hardcore metal songs over 7 minutes long with endless guitar solos and rather wanted to make a metal album that would appeal to just about everyone (The Black Album).

- Queen fans pissed off because they didn't do any more glam rock over the top songs during the 80s. I actually wished that they did a few more songs like that, but at the same time I'm not dissapointed with the musical direction they decided to take.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always liked Green Day, but I've never been a 'fan' as such. In june Iwent with my wife (who loves them) and a couple of friends to see them at Milton Keynes Bowl, and to be honest I was amazed. Billy Joe Armstrong is a frontman up there with Freddie, Ian Curtis and Bono in terms of being able to manipulate an audience. The whole band was virtually note perfect, and they managed to involve audience participation to a huge extent without it once seeming cheesy!

Then to my surprise, that gig was voted the best gig ever by readers of Kerrang Magazine.

If they are bringing it out on DVD, that will definitely be one for the collection.


"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.



http://www.myspace.com/petearnold

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just bought the CD ``American Idiot´´, and I got hooked on it as well!


-Things Have Changed For Me-