Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > New Set List???

forum rss feed
Author

Mr. Mercury 1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 101 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please tell me there will be a new set list for the show in NJ. By the time it gets here I will have listened to ROTC about 75 times and I'd like to hear something new....

Spread your wings and fly away...
Jimi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't get your hopes mate. We expected a rolling set list in the UK nad got very little but top ten hits. Fire and Water was performed in Ireland but still no sign of Its Late which is surely the most naturally suited to PR in the Queen cannon. Its a great performance all the same. Don't get drawn into the cd too much.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could see them taking out most of the 80's stuff. Not many American Queen fans I know can listen to Radio Ga Ga without cringing, switching to the next track, or laughing ecstaticly and almost driving their car off the road after hearing the words Radio Ga Ga Radio Goo Goo.

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A man can wish...I guess.

I must be a Brit at heart (get to go to England twice a year for work), because I'm much more suited to the British/Euro crowd when it comes to concerts... Queen in particular. Sing alongs are great and what would probably be considered more obscure Queen hits (Ga Ga) here in the States are really a staple of their repetoire in my eyes....

I saw Brian open for Guns & Roses in '93 here in the States. Never thought I'd get to see him again... nevermind any incarnation of Queen. I'm dearly hoping for a full blow U.S. tour in 2006...

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

psteeler wrote:

I I'm dearly hoping for a full blow U.S. tour in 2006...

That makes two of us. I MISSED THE PRE-SALE AND THE NORMAL SALE FOR THE JERSEY TICKETS!! God, I hate myself for that.

Posted: 21 Sep 05, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may have an extra ticket...not sure yet. stay tuned...

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been thinking about the set list & whether or not it gets changed. With the Japan tour following immediately after the LA gig they will want to be very sharp. Playing the 80's music in Japan will be expected since it was all a hit back in 84 & 86. So they will perform GaGa & Break Free & AKOM, as well as TATDOOL in both NJ & LA to stay tight for the Japanese fans. I can't see them making a radical change for only 2 or 3 nights, if you include Aruba. This is gonna be it. Oh how I hope to be wrong!

"Take care of those you call your own"
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MercuryArts wrote:

I have been thinking about the set list & whether or not it gets changed. With the Japan tour following immediately after the LA gig they will want to be very sharp. Playing the 80's music in Japan will be expected since it was all a hit back in 84 & 86. So they will perform GaGa & Break Free & AKOM, as well as TATDOOL in both NJ & LA to stay tight for the Japanese fans. I can't see them making a radical change for only 2 or 3 nights, if you include Aruba. This is gonna be it. Oh how I hope to be wrong!

The European Arena tour was basically an extended rehearsal period for the UK gigs (the band even played shorter concerts), and I would expect the US concerts to be the dress rehearsals for the Japanese dates... Without the extra song(s) of course!

I guess the upcoming setlists will really show which markets Brian and Rog are interested in. :/

DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think with Paul being a big artist in the states, they might do a few more of his songs. The Hunter, My Brother Jake, The Stealer, maybe even Radioactive from his days with Jimmy Page. By the way Fire And Water was brill in Dublin, pity a recording of that show hasn't surfaced as it was the best of the four I saw and of all the recordings available from the rest of the tour it's the one I'd most like to hear

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not so sure I'd say Paul is a bigger artist in the States. Without the Queen label to play under, Paul Rodgers wouldn't sell out a shoe box in the the States.

In one of the interviews I heard with Brian, he stated that it had always been a dream of theirs to come back to the States and play again. So, I'm not convinced this is going to be just a warm up for the Japan shows. I think the boys will be more than a bit pleasantly surprised just how much their following has grown here in America.

I'm not sure how long it took for the entire NJ show to sell out, but the pre-sale sold out in 4 minutes. If I had looked away for 2 minutes, I would have missed my chance...

DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I meant is that he has toured the states a few times in recent years, with Styx a few years ago I think and of course a big Bad Company tour. As we know it's been 23 years since Queen did it and although they'll be the main attraction for the American audience, Paul is not unknown there and deserves to have his material slightly increased in the setlist. They could drop AKOM, the drum solo and lets face it, do we really need to hear Brian's guitar solo again.

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see a set list change and even emailed Brian about it. They have to play Now I'm here...it is such a US song. I think they should remove Break Free and Kind of Magic..no one really cares about those songs. I think they should add another PR song since he has a bigger following over here...Rock-n-roll Fantasy, Silver,Blue and Gold, Rock Steady, Fire and Water. I was at the Belfast show and thought thought FAW sounded great..in fact of the seven shows I saw Belfast was the best..

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No!!! Do not remove I Want to Break Free!!!!!

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

psteeler wrote:

No!!! Do not remove I Want to Break Free!!!!!

It's the weakest song in the set..the song does not resonate with US fans as it does in Europe

Jimi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It didn't resonate with me either. Neither does AKOM or AOBTD.I just think there is better stuff available that suits Paul more.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dump Radio GaGa, I Want to Break Free and A Kind of Magic, but keep Another One Bites The Dust (biggest US hit) ... and add Breakthru and Made in Heaven to breath some life into an unimaginative setlist.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

touring the US???

Taking as a reference the Sheffield gig (including UP), just drop IWTBF off the set and play It's Late and an old rockers medley (NIH/KYA/Liar) ending with a Brighton Rock-esque reprise or something like that. Add Fire and Water and some other PR's song and that's one hell of a good gig for the American audience.

Made in Heaven and Breakthru are very unlikely to be performed ever, IMHO.

What do you think?

Wiley

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they could play more songs on ''The miracle, Innuendo, Made In Heaven'' album. brian sang on hist tour ''headlong'' quite good and he sings ''too much love will kill you'' amazingly. When roger sang ''heaven for everyone'' on cross tours it was great, he sang it very good, it shoud be on setlist. the miracle would be great song for croud to sing along, innuendo would sound perfect(music part for sure, don't conw how paul can sing it but i'm sure brian or roger can sing it great) A winters tale would be great on setlist, let me live, the hitman and ofcourse scandal too. and from album ''A Kind Of Magic'' gimme the prize or princes of the universe. i cnow that is impossibe all those songs to get on setlist but some of them would be great.

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg i forgot no one but you, this one should be deffenetly at setlist, but not with paul... : )