Forums > Personal > I hit the wrong button, I didn't mean to make this a whole new thread!!!

forum rss feed
Author

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard on the news this am that gas will be going up to $3.30 where I live. Right now it is at $2.69. I think I'll be staying home except for going to work from now on. It's way too expensive to go anywhere else.

Sorry all, I meant to just reply to a thread and instead I guess I created a whole new one.

I suck.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2.69? Wow, that's cheaper than MA! I remeber it going up over a dollar in a week at the beginning of this month. It was atleast 3.30. But, now (I think) it's finally coming back down a little. Last I checked a few days ago it was 2.99. It might've gone up or down since then, though.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is why we filled up the tank yesterday..:-S

It's $2.69 at the cheapest here...for now anyway.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My car was low on gas last night, but I usually fill up in the morning after breakfast.

Well, I watched the 10:00pm news last night and they talked about that Rita could be FAR worse to the gas situation as a THIRD of the USA's oil wells and refineries are IN Texas.

I live about half mile from the gas station, so I figured that ''mass hysteria'', especially with the NEWS IDIOTICALLY blasting panic and fear and making matters worse, would cause people to panic and go nuts today.

So...I ran up the street last night and filled up while gas was still cheap (it's come DOWN about 60 cents in the last week), to about $2.73, and while there was STILL gas available, and no lines.

Sure enought this morning, I passed the same gas station and gas had jumped 10 cents since 10pm last night (and it was only 8am this morning), and there was a humongeous line of panic stricken people at the station.

You know...I do want to know the news...but the WAY they GO OFF and instill panic and hype it up only creates panic in people.

I was fine until I saw the news. When I saw them going off about ''shortages, panic, yada'', I said screw you...you are CREATING panic, so I better go and get my gas now before everyone goes balistic in the morning.

xyz
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I heard on the news this am that gas will be going up to $3.30 where I live. Right now it is at $2.69. I think I'll be staying home except for going to work from now on. It's way too expensive to go anywhere else.

sorry Melissa - you really have no idea of hardship...In the UK our current price is just topping £1.00 per litre - that's £4.50 a gallon
- the USA equivalent of that would be approx
$8.20 a gallon
we live in Great (RipOff) Britain

go deo na h√Čireann
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Lisser wrote:

sorry Melissa - you really have no idea of hardship...In the UK our current price is just topping £1.00 per litre - that's £4.50 a gallon
$8.20 a gallon

True, but in America we tend to drive A LOT more. Plus, you have more public transportation than over here. Most places in the US, you HAVE to own a car and drive.
Plus, the exchange rate really isn't indicative of how money is actually spent in the 2 countries. Really..the dollar is pretty equal to the pound as far as prices go.

I'd take those high gas prices any day for free health care..;-)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerQueen840 wrote:

2.69? Wow, that's cheaper than MA! I remeber it going up over a dollar in a week at the beginning of this month. It was atleast 3.30. But, now (I think) it's finally coming back down a little. Last I checked a few days ago it was 2.99. It might've gone up or down since then, though.

2.99 as well here in NY

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The recent increase in petrol prices has seriously impeded my hobby of setting fire to orphanages.

fatty.

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin is right. My husband drives 50 miles a day just to his office and back alone, and he is an outside sales manager. This week alone he will average around 900 miles in the car.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's $2.98 here per gallon.

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the record, I am 44, did not own a car until I was 27.

I took the bus and subway here in Baltimore, USA everywhere, but....after almost getting mugged and raped when I would get off work after dark, or the bus not showing when it snowed, and worse yet the only jobs I could get were burger flipping jobs 5 miles away...

I HAD to get a car and have always had one since.

Every decent job I have ever had was in NO way on any public transport, at least 50 miles and up to 45 minute drive on the interstate.

Most of the USA, with exception of SOME city infrastructure like New York, Chicago don't have any decent public transport.

Even Los Angeles, big city that it is has no decent public transport.

America is basically, people living in suburbia...and the jobs and even recreation (malls, restaurants, concert venues, etc) are only accesible by Interstate.

We created our own mess here. People MUST make sufficient wages that cover the EXPENSIVE costs of owning a car, for gas (IF gas is even available), car repairs and maintenance.

And our whole economy depends on people getting to work and recreation...by cars....to earn their money and spend their money.

That's also why the poor people in New Orleans were stranded during Katrina, as they did NOT own cars, and now in Houston...with Rita approaching...the news says that even people WITH cars cannot get out of the city because there are only 1 or 2 Interstates that lead out, and they are clogged and backed up for hundreds of miles,...
..which is also STUPID..

...Whenever there is a traffic accident on an interstate here even where I live in Maryland, on a regular work day, they CLOSE the Interstate for hours and you are either trapped...

..or you have to take some LONG roundabout way through rural roads.

The USA interstate system, and way of building homes/apartments that are inaccessible to anything without cars and via the interstates, which even then can FAIL if the interstates are closed or backed up....is absurd and will eventually kill the economy and way of life in this country.

xyz
Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...Whenever there is a traffic accident on an interstate here even where I live in Maryland, on a regular work day, they CLOSE the Interstate for hours and you are either trapped...

You don't have to tell me! I have to drive into Bethesda to the Naval hospital there and it just makes me sick of thinking about having to get onto 495!!!!!!

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mean Mistreater wrote:

You don't have to tell me! I have to drive into Bethesda to the Naval hospital there and it just makes me sick of thinking about having to get onto 495!!!!!!

Don't you just love I-695, I-795, and I-95 at ''Rush Hour'', more like slug hour sitting still and moving a few feet at a time, while your engine overheats and you have an engine fire or watch some poor schmuck in the next lane hane an engine fire.

xyz
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Lisser wrote:

$8.20 a gallon

Absolutely spot on with the Rip Off Britain part.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Yuri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im just happy I dont live in the bay area any more... no matter how much i loved my little green beetle.
now i get everywhere by bike. it sucks but its taught me the joys of cleaning my room and doing my homework.

A little bit of heaven and a whole lotta hell.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 05, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Tampon Tea<br><font size=1>Lotta hormones yo! wrote:

"I hit the wrong button, I didn't mean to make this a whole new thread!!!"

.... but you did. Blood rivers will flow. I couldn't be happier. Damn. I don't have enough tampons. Now I feel sad.

Cheers.

Mr. Tampon Tea.

weenis

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm the 20th post... not a bad turnout for a topic that wasn't meant to be.

I saw $2.20 today, per LITRE, not gallon.

let's get it on , ah yeah

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm, over here we have to use cars in most places too, especially in my city.
I think our petrol is a little more expensive than yours, if my maths is right that is - which it probably isn't - we pay the equivalent of $US3.89 per gallon. Except here it's sold in litres of course which was what made the maths tricky.
Anyway, we pay $NZ1.50(ish, depending on the octane) a litre, which worked out to $NZ5.62 a gallon. People whose cars take 96 octane are going to be pissed off becuase 96 is being replaced with 95, so those people who have to have at least 96 will have to buy 98...

Ka-chingggg for the petrol companies!

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser just posted this for the Google ads. She's in cahoots with the gas companies.

DJ's the man we love the most
Teo_torriate04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 414 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I suck.

OMG! I'm in love...

To cast aside the fury of the battle.

To turn my weary eyes for home.