Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen brainiac game

forum rss feed
Author

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, I'll probaby get flamed, but here's a tougher game I thought up. Going letter by letter in progression, list a Queen song, then counting how many letters that song title contains, list something significant regarding that number. Be as clever or as..."non-clever" as you like, lets just see how many turns we can get.

All Dead, All Dead

14 letters - the song's writer, Brian Harold May, also contains 14 letters.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
kagezan1313

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People from Kansas were not expected to participate, sweden_man, it says "brainiac" right in the title. Go back to trying to fill up your ever-so-clever "let's do a thousand posts of nothing" thread. I chipped in more than my fair share to that one, genius.

kagezan1313

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very good, sweden_man, I'm impressed! You should save that one for when we're on "S" though, it's supposed to be "B" next, then "C" and so on. Adds to the challenge.

As for your threats, *yawn*, they make you sound less intelligent. Besides, I'm just a peace-lovin guy! Lemme get "B" while I'm here.

Bohemian Rhapsody - 16 letters, the same number as the title of the album it was released on, A Night At The Opera.

Anyone feel up to "C"?

kagezan1313

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! You are good. I, however, fail to see the difference between a threat and a warning of impending doom. And yes, you did insult me by calling me an idiot (see you initial post). Anyway, I understand your need to uphold the honor of your state and southern pride, so I retract my previous statements and offer sincere apologies. So let's put away the duelling pistols, eh?

kagezan1313

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fight From the Inside - 18 letters, same as your previous Roger Meddows-Tailor. I'll do an extra one since that's yours.

Father to Son - 11 Letters, same number of original tracks as on it's album, Queen II. (you could take the II in Queen II as 11 if you liked too.)

kagezan1313

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You want to see a huge stretch? Check this out:

Hammer To Fall - 12 letters

Hammer To Fall was the only song that appeared in the movie Highlander that hailed from a different album than A Kind Of Magic. The main character in Highlander was Connor McLeod - 12 letters. I'm smashed on Crown and Coke, I'm amazed I made it that far. Cheers!

Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When Freddie and another man talked back and forth as much as you two have.... well...um, you know.... it was time to get out the trapeze bar and a can of axle grease.

tia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=space>sweden_man wrote:

kagezan1313 wrote:

People from Kansas were not expected to participate, sweden_man, it says "brainiac" right in the title. Go back to trying to fill up your ever-so-clever "let's do a thousand posts of nothing" thread. I chipped in more than my fair share to that one, genius.

oh of course

us kansans wits aint never gonna dun compare to yalls peoples from canadia, wut ever wuz i thinkin?

unfortunately for you, calling kansans idiots will get you killed in the near future

if your so smart, lets see just how many of these things you can come up with yourself

------

It amazes me how our neighbours cant even spell our country right.Most Americans dont even know where CANADA is.By the way we are the country north of you.

just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
kagezan1313

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron .G wrote:

When Freddie and another man talked back and forth as much as you two have.... well...um, you know.... it was time to get out the trapeze bar and a can of axle grease.

I'd love to see more people join in, but it appears we have a drastic shortage of people who are capable of it. As for the axle grease, I find it's too thick, doesn't allow much sensation - I prefer Astroglide for bedroom acrobatics. Hey, I wonder if Freddie used to call them Jim-nastics in Mr. Hutton's company.

Jesus - 5 letters, same as the title of it's album, Queen. Freddie wrote this, even though he wasn't Christian, and he was born on Sept. 5th.

kagezan1313

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon - 24 letters, written by Freddie, who was 24 when Queen formed.

Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I appreciate you guys trying a new game, but it needs more set rules... this is too broad.

Misfire has 7 letters.... the songs writer (Deacon) has 7 inches of cock.

kagezan1313

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M's been done, love. Try N. As for Deacy, I'd believe it. How many kids? 5? 6? The rules are pretty clear. Associations, however loose, must be factual, so unless you've chugged John's sausage, I'd keep away from that kind of answer.

kagezan1313

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This one's weak, but...

Nevermore - 9 letters, it's writer Freddie was born in September, the 9th month.

Bah!

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Fight From the Inside - 18 letters, same as your previous Roger Meddows-Tailor. I'll do an extra one since that's yours.

Father to Son - 11 Letters, same number of original tracks as on it's album, Queen II. (you could take the II in Queen II as 11 if you liked too.)

Holy shit, and the both of you call yourselves Queen fans, you ought to be shot.. BOTH of you.. Kagezan for mis-spelling Roger TaYlor, and Sweden man for NOT seeing it right away..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
kagezan1313

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Put Out The Fire - 13 letters

A song about gun control! Many historians believe that the earliest firearms were invented in the 13th century. Fighting in the eastern countries during the Crusades, European christians came in contact with gunpowder, which was being used for demolition, firecrackers and other innocent purposes, and said to themselves "Hey! This could help us kill people!" And the rest is history.

kagezan1313

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike Preston wrote:

kagezan1313 wrote:

Holy shit, and the both of you call yourselves Queen fans, you ought to be shot.. BOTH of you.. Kagezan for mis-spelling Roger TaYlor, and Sweden man for NOT seeing it right away..

OMG!!!!!! *kagezan1313 performs seppuku immediately, spilling intestines all over keyboard*

kagezan1313

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Save Me - 6 letters

spent 6 weeks on the charts

That was surprisingly easy! Luck-o-the-draw I guess. Thanks sweden!

kagezan1313

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Under Pressure: 13 letters

If we take the full initials of all composers of this song (FM / BHM / JRD / RMT / DB) we get 13.